BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair 2013
Show Dates: 6/21/13 - 6/23/13
Application Deadline: 2/6/13
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is NOT required)
June 21, 22, 23, 2013
Call for Entries
We are pleased to invite you to apply to the 52nd Annual New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair.
Dedicated to exclusively showcasing artists residing in New Mexico, the Fair is held in the Manuel Lujan Building at EXPO New Mexico in Albuquerque.
In addition to over 200 juried exhibitors, New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair offers Artist Demonstrations, Silent Auction, Youth Exhibit, and a Keynote Exhibit
Entry deadline is January 30, 2013
All applications must be submitted through www.zapplication.org.
No mailed applications will be accepted
• This is an indoor fair
• All exhibitors are provided a booth space with electricity
• Best of Show and other cash awards
Booths are assigned as contracts are received!
• December 15, 2012, Saturday, 10-12:00 Noon – How to Apply Using Zapplication workshop conducted by Margot Geist.
• January 30, 2013- Applications due
• February 28, 2013 – Notice of acceptance via Zapplication- all accepted artists must download contract and information packet @ www.nmartsandcraftsfair.org
• March 31, 2013 – All contracts and fees due to:
New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair
2501 San Pedro, NE Ste. 110
Albuquerque, NM 87110
• May 7, 2013- Cancellation Deadline (last day for refund)
Fair Dates & Hours
Friday, June 21-------------------10am-9pm
Saturday, June 22----------------10am-5pm
Sunday, June 23-----------------10am-4pm
Jury Fee: $30 per category entered – NON REFUNDABLE
Jury fee payment must be made through www.zapplication.org.
Collaborators are considered one entrant and pay accordingly.
8X10 Space (Lujan B hall, north, south walls)-----------------------------$350
10X10 Garden space-----------------------------$450
10X20 End cap (includes two corner fees)------------------------------$875
10X20 End cap garden space (includes 2 corner fees)----------------------$975
Additional Exhibitor in any booth-----------------add $ 75 to booth fee
Corner booths---------add $60 to booth fee
After you have been accepted through www.zapplication.org, please download your contract from www.nmartsandcraftsfair.org and send your booth fee along with a separate check or credit card information for $60, if you request a corner booth to:
New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair
2501 San Pedro, NE Ste. 110
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Jurors’ names will be posted on www.nmartsandcraftsfair.org by December 1st
Eligibility & Requirements
1. ONLY NEW MEXICO RESIDENTS, 18 years of age and older are eligible. New Mexico I.D. will be required upon check in.
2. Artists may apply in multiple categories. Separate entry forms, digital images, and jury fees are required for each category. Each medium is evaluated separately; only one booth will be allocated per exhibitor regardless of the number of categories in which the artist is accepted. If two or more entrants collaborate in the same medium, they will be entitled to only one booth.
3. New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair reserves the right to re-categorize work it feels has been entered in the wrong category.
4. All exhibitors must personally attend their booth and be present during the entire Fair. No Representatives or agents may replace the exhibitor. All collaborators must be present.
5. Exhibitors may display work only in the category(ies) in which accepted. New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair reserves the right to remove an exhibitor, without refunding the booth fee, if an artist exhibits any work that does not reflect the quality and nature of the work juried, or which does not meet New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair standards and guidelines.
6. All work exhibited must be original work, created by the entrant. NO BUY AND SELL OR MASS REPRODUCTIONS ACCEPTED.
• Signed and numbered offset limited edition reproductions and Giclee reproductions of hand-created works will be allowed, but must be labeled as reproductions and confined to a single bin. Only original artwork will be allowed on booth walls. Individually printed and signed Photographs and Digital Art Prints shall be considered original artwork.
• Matted prints and greeting/note cards featuring professionally printed copies of original images created by the artist are allowed in free standing racks or bins. They are not to be displayed on booth walls.
• Photo/photocopies of artwork will not be allowed.
• Framed mechanical reproductions will not be allowed in bins or on booth walls.
• No posters will be allowed.
• No commercial, manufactured or kit work including use of commercial molds, patterns, blanks or dies will be allowed.
• No commercially manufactured art tiles or note cards are permitted.
How to Enter
Submit 5 digital images of five different art pieces to www.zapplication.org for each category.
• Each entrant must select 5 different digital images for each category to be considered.
• A jury fee of $30/category must be paid via www.zapplication.org when entering the New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair.
• Applicants not accepted by the jurors will be notified through www.zapplication.org.
There will be an entry workshop on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon at the New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair Office. If you have questions about how to enter, how to prepare your digital images for Zapplication.org, it is recommended that you attend this workshop.
Please RSVP if you plan to attend this workshop.
The New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair office is located at:
2501 San Pedro NE Suite 110, Albuquerque, NM 87110
Phone: 505 884-9043
Ceramics –Decorative: Original clay and porcelain work, other than jewelry, that is not intended for everyday use and that will be used as decoration or accent pieces. Machine-made works from commercial molds and mass produced items are not permitted.
Ceramics – Functional: Original clay and porcelain work, other than jewelry, that is made for everyday use. Machine made, works from commercial molds and mass produced items are not permitted.
Digital Art: Original works of digital art that are purely computer-generated, or achieved through the manipulation of other source materials or images by the artist using a computer.
Drawings: Works in graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, chalk, wax crayon, pen and ink.
Fiber: Work crafted from fiber, basketry, weaving, quilting, leather work, and papermaking (both wearable and decorative). No machined screened patterns, mass production, or factory produced wearable items.
Glass: Stained, hand-blown, etched, slumped, fused, (Non-sculptural). No forms of mass production permitted.
Jewelry –All entries to the jewelry category whether precious or non-precious must be original design and handmade by the artist. No mass production or kits will be accepted.
• Precious Jewelry: Body ornaments such as necklaces, pendants, brooches, rings, bracelets, earrings, etc.… made using precious metals and precious or semi-precious stones.
• Non-Precious Jewelry: Body ornaments such as necklaces, pendants, brooches, rings, bracelets, earrings, etc.… made using non-precious metals, gems, stones, beads, clay, wood, glass or other non-traditional jewelry media.
Metal: Works crafted from metal including copper, wrought iron, brass, tin etc. (Non-sculptural, non-jewelry)
Mixed Media: Any form of art which does not easily fit into other categories including gourd art.
Framed prints not allowed, matted reproductions must be in bins, and may not be displayed on walls.
• Paintings 1: Works in oil, acrylic, watercolor, alkyd, casein, pastel, and tempera.
• Paintings 2: Mixed Media
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original image, whether from traditional film or digital files and manipulated by either darkroom techniques or by digital means.
Printmaking: Hand printed multiple, signed and numbered originals for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium including bronze, wood, steel, ceramics, glass, etc.…
Wood: Non-sculptural works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine worked, turned or carved including furniture, bowls, etc.…
Be sure to include the following information on all images submitted via www.zapplication.org: Image Number, Title, Size, & Media.
If accepted into this show, you will be required to provide the following documentation/information:
Proof of residency in the state of New Mexico.
New Mexico I.D. is required upon check in.
I permit my images to be used for advertising and editorial purposes.
I understand and agree to all conditions and requirements set forth in the New Mexico Arts and Crafts Fair Prospectus.
• Completed entry form via www.zapplication.org.
• $30. Non-refundable jury fee (per category entered) paid via www.zapplication.org. Please note: To enter more than one category in Zapplication, you must create a new password for each category.
• 5 digital images of 5 different art pieces per category submitted via www.zapplication.org.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT