Heart of the West Art Show & Auction Agreement
The Heart of the West Art Show & Auction
1. Artist must personally attend his/her exhibit and be present during the entire three days of the show. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. (WMASS) reserves the right to request photo identification to ensure compliance with this rule. (*Exceptions to this rule may only be made in the case of a physical illness or other limitation which would otherwise preclude the artist’s participation and will only be granted through the express written authorization of the show director.) Every artist/exhibitor must have an active email account and be responsible to read and respond to all communications from the show in a timely and professional manner.
2. All work exhibited must be original artwork produced by the artist and be reflective of the slides submitted. No imports or manufactured goods. Artwork produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted. No unlimited offset reproductions may be exhibited. Only limited edition prints (limit 250), executed in processes involving the artist, signed and numbered, will be permitted. 80% of artwork, readily visible to the public, must be original, not prints or reproductions. Prints of photographs made from the artist’s negative must be processed by the artist, or under his/her direct supervision.
3. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. retains the right to use slides, photographs, and artwork submitted by the artist to Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. for use in advertising and promotion of the show, in this case, your slides, photographs or artwork may not be returned.
4. It is Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc.’s sole obligation to furnish assigned exhibit services, plus general cleaning and guard service. Services of any other nature shall be requested by the artist in writing at least 30 days prior to the festival to be considered by Show Director.
5. Artist shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of artist’s displays and materials, unless renting from Severson Productions. All pertinent fire codes, laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety shall be strictly obeyed. Nothing shall be nailed, stapled, taped or otherwise affixed to the wall, the ground or any part of the exhibition area in such a way to damage the area. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. prohibits the installation and operation of any exhibits not meeting its approval. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. in its sole discretion, may prohibit the conduct of any activity whatsoever which it deems deleterious and not in the best interest of the show.
6. Set-up for the show will be on an assigned time schedule due to the limited space for unloading trailers and vehicles through the entrance (the rear of the convention area) and access to the hotel. We require that each artist communicate with the staff of Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. to decide their assigned time and not leave a vehicle parked or untended longer than thirty (30) minutes in the unloading area. Due to parking restriction during show hours, set-up must be completed and all vehicles removed by noon on Thursday the 11th of August 2016. Show hours are from noon to 10 pm on Thursday and 10AM to 10PM Friday and Saturday. More information will be sent on a regular basis before the show via email.
7. Take-down: To facilitate clean up, we require all artists to check out by 12 pm on Sunday morning, August 13, 2017.
8. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for failure to fulfill these terms and conditions, due to the unusable condition of the area in which the festival is to be produced, caused by, but not limited to, fire or other calamity, any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority of any cause beyond Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc.’s control. Insurance must be obtained by and at artist’s expense. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. assumes no risk.
9. Artist by agreeing to participate in the Heart of West Art Show & Auction will hereby release and forever discharge The Heart of the West Art Show & Auction and Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc., the City of Bozeman, the Best Western Plus Grantree Inn and all sponsoring organizations and their directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, loss or damage arising out of or in conjunction with his/her participation in the Heart of the West Art Show & Auction. Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. will not be responsible for any injury sustained by the artist and guests while within space designated for exhibits. Further, artist understands that he/she stores his/her artwork at his/her own risk.
11. No waivers, modifications or amendments shall be valid unless approved in writing by the Director of the Heart of the West Art Show & Auction. Venue for all legal proceedings arising from violations of these terms and conditions must be initiated in Flathead County, Montana.
12. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED AFTER ACCEPTANCE except if Western Masters Art Show & Sale, Inc. cancels the show. All cancellations by the artist must be received in writing. The $30.00 application fee is not refundable. There is a $45.00 fee for all returned checks.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL REGARDING ACCEPTANCE DECISIONS. You may email for clarification.