Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art 2017 Agreement
2017 Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art Show Contract
The undersigned artist (“ARTIST”) agrees with the Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art (MCFA), that he/she will exhibit at the 2017 Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art upon the following terms and conditions.
Artist 1. _____________________________________________________
Artist 2. _______________________________________________________
(If name appears on Zapplication application)
1) The ARTIST agrees that all work MUST be original and of exhibitor’s own crafting;
i) NO BUY/RESELL; Commercial or imported items. Items made from kits or green ware, or mass-produced items are NOT accepted. Any person exhibiting arts/crafts that have any resemblance to such items are subject to immediate dismissal from the show.
ii) Prints and mechanical offset reproductions (e.g., calendars, note cards, stationery) are allowed, but intent to display them must be clearly stated on the application. Prints must be properly signed and numbered, and prints/reproductions may not comprise more than 25% of the display. (This restriction is not applicable to artwork produced via traditional printmaking techniques (e.g., serigraphy, etching, lithography, etc.).
2) The MCFA shall in its sole discretion designate the ARTIST booth space. Spaces are 10’ x 15’. All ARTIST must bring or rent their own white tent. The ARTIST agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including Indiana fire safety regulations regarding display space and materials. The ARTIST agrees to comply with all set-up, display, load-in/load-out and tear-down guidelines as established by the MCFA, including access to booth and vehicle restrictions. Booth structure and displays must not exceed limits of assigned space.
3) MCFA’s insurance does not cover loss or damage to ARTIST’S property or equipment. The ARTIST agrees that any insurance covering ARTIST’S property or work shall be the sole responsibility of the ARTIST. It is recommended that each exhibitor obtain general liability insurance, as the show’s insurance does NOT extend coverage for exhibit damage or bodily injury.
4) The ARTIST will hold harmless the Madison Chautauqua and the Madison Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and the City of Madison from and against all claims for liability, damages, illness, personal injury, death and/or property damage arising out of this agreement and ARTIST’S booth space and exhibit display.
5) The ARTIST understands Madison City and Jefferson County Police provide security during the shows hours of operation; security is on site after hours. Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art is a city residential area, so reasonable precautions should be taken to ensure the safety of you and your property. All work is exhibited at the artist’s own risk. 6) The ARTIST shall be an independent contractor in performing pursuant to this agreement, and ARTIST shall not be an agent, servant or employee of the MCFA. The ARTIST will remain open for business from 10am until 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
7) In the event that the ARTIST utilizes any MCFA staff member or volunteer for booth relief, it is understood that MCFA shall not be held responsible for any theft, loss or damage to the ARTIST’s work, booth or goods. It is also understood that no MCFA staff or volunteer shall not handle any sales or cash transactions or be asked to offer their services for more than 30 minutes at any one time.
8) Photo I.D. required at check-in. It is understood that the ARTIST must be in attendance for the length of the show. If the ARTIST is unable to attend his/her space will be forfeited. Partners listed on application are not allowed to be here in place of artist of record. Agents for artist, including dealers, frame shops and galleries are not allowed.
9) It is understood that the ARTIST is solely responsible for payment of any and all IN sales or occupational taxes due to the state of Indiana. ARTIST’S name and address will be forwarded to said parties upon their request.
10) This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. No modification or amendment hereof shall be of any effect unless made in writing by both parties. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Indiana, without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of laws. All claims, disputes and other matters in question arising out of or related to this agreement, or the breach thereof, will be decided by proceedings instituted and litigated in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Jefferson County, Indiana. The prevailing party to any such action will be entitled to an award of its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs. The parties shall take such further action and execute such further documents as may be necessary to carry out the intent hereof.
11) It is understood that any policies, procedures or instructions that have been sent to the ARTIST of The Madison Chautauqua Festival of Art or included in the Application on Zapplication are incorporated herein by reference and are considered a part of this agreement.
12) It is understood that if any provision in this contract is violated by the ARTIST, the Coordinator can eject the ARTIST from the MCFA. The decision of the Coor