Artclectic 2017 Agreement
The exhibiting artist agrees to the following:
- All work must be original, handcrafted work except as stipulated below under Reproductions. The artist guarantees the accuracy of the description and authenticity of the work as the creation of his/her own hands.
- Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist. Work done by small teams of assistants and/or apprentices is acceptable as long as that work is directed by the accepted artist.
- No more than two artists may collaborate on work. Both must be included in the application, and both must be present at the event.
- Artists may only show work in categories and bodies of work selected by the jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work shown in the images juried.
- All work must be for sale.
Reproductions of an artist's one-of-a-kind original paintings, pastels, drawings, collages or mixed media may be exhibited under the following conditions:
- Original work must be clearly visible and of primary importance.
- All reproductions must be signed and numbered, with the exception of notecards and other small items reproduced from original artwork. All items such as this must be displayed in browse bins.
- All reproductions, whether framed or unframed must be clearly and individually labeled "Reproduction" or "Limited Edition Reproduction".
- All reproductions, whether framed or unframed, must be displayed in browse bins. No reproductions may be hung on panels.
- Reproductions may not be displayed in the same browse bin with original artwork.
- The majority of work in an artist’s booth must be original artwork and must not be a reproduction or stored in browse bins.
If accepted into Artclectic 2017, each exhibiting artist agrees to the following:
- To promptly return the acceptance contract and deposit fee of $50 no later than Monday, June 5, 2017. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of acceptance into Artclectic 2017. The deposit will be returned with your commission check after the show. If you do not participate in the show after signing the contract and paying the deposit, your deposit will not be refunded.
- To provide original works of art for sale delivered to University School of Nashville on either Wednesday, October 18 or Thursday, October 19, 2017. Confirmation of load-in date and time will be communicated in September 2017. Only items available for sale are to be displayed. All art must be displayed within the space defined by the display panel or panels provided. Additional art may be hung as sales occur.
- To abide by Artclectic 2017’s final decisions regarding placement in the gallery, layout of art, and all other display decisions.
- To allow Artclectic 2017 to use images and artist statement for promotional purposes.
- To provide to Artclectic 2017 a comprehensive inventory list (titles, descriptions, and prices) of all work available for sale on or before 5 p.m. on Monday, October 9, 2017. This list is a requirement for entering the building and for insurance coverage.
- To allow Artclectic 2017 to retain 30 percent (30%) of the purchase price on all artwork sold (including commissions contracted within three months as a result of the show).
- To be present during the exhibition hours (from opening reception on the evening of Thursday, October 19 through close of show on Saturday, October 21, 2017). Exceptions may be made to the attendance policy due to extenuating circumstances. All absences from the show must be approved in advance by the event coordinator.
- To participate in Education Day on Friday, October 20, 2017. Scheduling to be handled individually with the event coordinator.
- To remove all remaining works of art from premises by 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 21, 2017.
In addition, Artclectic 2017 agrees to the following:
- To actively promote Artclectic 2017.
- To provide professional lighting for the show.
- To provide at least one large, rectangular display panel (4' x 8') for each artist and to assist with the installation of the show. Shelving will be provided for three-dimensional art. Placement in the gallery, layout of art, and all other display decisions are at the discretion of Artclectic 2017 representatives.
- To provide security and insurance (covering risk of fire, theft, and vandalism, not to exceed $25,000 per artist) during the show. For insurance coverage to apply, each artist must provide Artclectic 2017 with the inventory list described above. Coverage during the period of transit to and from the exhibit is excluded. Coverage is limited to the retail price of each piece of art on the premises, less the 30 percent commission.
- To provide cashiers and support staff to handle all sales for the event.
- CHECKS FOR ARTISTS' 70 PERCENT (70%) AND A WRITTEN ACCOUNT OF SALES WILL BE MAILED ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2017.
I hereby agree to all the terms set forth.