Durango Autumn Arts Festival 2018 Agreement
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
1. All work exhibited must be original designs, concepts and execution. Entries are judged by a select group of jurors with diverse backgrounds in art. The Durango Arts Center selects the jurors.
2. The jurying is based on the following criteria:
3. The festival will not allow the following items to be exhibited: Mass produced jewelry, imported crafts, ceramics, metal or plaster casts from molds not made by the artist, clothing either not made or embellished by the artist, and prints that are not signed and numbered by the artist.
4. The Durango Arts Center will determine the final interpretation of commercial status.
5. Artists will display items representative of the work depicted in the digital images submitted in the category they have been accepted. Artists may exhibit only work that is stated in their application and submitted in their images. Any discrepancy will result in the Durango Arts Center exercising its right to remove artists in violation, and no refunds will be granted.
6. Booth assignments are organized according to media distributed evenly through the Festival. If artists do not show up on Saturday morning, there may be the need to shift booth locations. Durango Arts Center staff and volunteers will assist to make the shift as easy as possible for artists. If you are asked to move your booth, know that it is for the good of the Festival and your cooperation and patience is much appreciated.
7. Artists are responsible for tending their booths and must be present both days of the Festival. Festival hours are:
8. Each artist is responsible for possession of the proper licenses required by the city and state and collecting and paying sales tax on each sale. Forms are available online at www.durangogov.org and www.colorado.gov.
9. Professional security guards will be present at the Festival site from 7 p.m. Saturday, September 15 to 9 a.m. Sunday, September 16. Artworks of high value should be removed during the night. Though security is onsite, all booths should be completely closed and all objects removed from sight during Saturday night. The Durango Arts Center is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibitor booths or its contents.
10. The Durango Arts Center is not responsible for the loss or damage to any real or personal property including, but not limited to, merchandise or artist work, or for bodily injuries.
11. Artists are required to bring their own freestanding display that will be weighted to withstand wind and rain. Under no circumstance can pegs or nails be driven into the paved street. Artists must clean up their space at the end of the show and have their possessions removed from the street by 8 p.m on Sunday.
12. Exhibitors are prohibited from bringing pets to the Festival grounds. We request that you do not bring children, the Durango Arts Center is not responsible for their safety. Playing radios, tape decks or mechanically reproduced sound is prohibited.
13. Artists agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Durango Arts Center and the Durango Autumn Arts Festival and its officers, members, agents; the City of Durango; La Plata County; the State of Colorado, and any owners of any Festival related property for any action incurred by the Durango Autumn Arts Festival including, but not limited to theft, damage, or bodily injury. Exhibitor agrees to pay any reasonable attorneys fees and costs incurred by Durango Autumn Arts Festival in the event the Durango Art Center or the Durango Autumn Arts Festival is named as a defendant in any legal action arising out of the conduct of the undersigned exhibitor.
Durango Arts Center
802 East 2nd Ave
Durango, CO 81301
Phone: (970) 259-2606
Fax: (970) 259-6571