Edgewater Arts Festival 2018 Agreement
- ARTISTS RULES AND GUIDELINES: Artist Applications MUST be completely filled out, signed and submitted with supporting documentation by June 1, 2018. The Edgewater Arts Festival (EAF) is not responsible for applications that do not include the necessary documentation. Artists with outstanding debt to EAIM and/or City of Chicago will not be allowed to participate until outstanding financial obligations are rectified. This is a rain or shine event. Inclement weather or Acts of God will not result in the cancellation of the event or the refunding of your fees. Submission of an Artist Application does not guarantee participation in the event. All applications are juried and notified of their acceptance. Any artist not approved for the festival will be notified and will receive a full refund of all application and equipment fees.
- BOOTH REQUIREMENTS: Booth space is NOT assigned and reserved until payment and application are received. • All participants will be assigned a 10' x 10' space to accommodate your creative setup. • Participant is responsible to bring any materials necessary for setup and to maintain all of their setup equipment in a clean, orderly fashion. Tents are encouraged. We do not provide running water or lights. • Notification of acceptance will be distributed beginning on July 1. • All participants agree to continue to sell items until 7 p.m. each day. No sales after 7 p.m. • Artists may NOT move their booth space at any time throughout the festival. • Canopies must be properly weighted down (40 lbs. or more attached per leg), and Artists should lower and properly secure their canopies overnight. Artists should NOT leave anything of value in the booth space overnight.
- Participants may ONLY market from their assigned space. No drilling into the street shall be permitted. • Participants may only sell or distribute those items listed on this application. Any other items will need prior written consent of Edgewater Artists in Motion. • Artists may share a booth, but Artists may not upcharge booth fees or resell booth spaces to additional participants. • NO food, water or soda sales are permitted. Any Artist doing so will be closed down without warning.
- Vehicles are only allowed on the street for setup prior to the start of the event and for teardown after the festival has closed. You will be notified when it is safe to bring your vehicle onto the street. All Artists will receive a confirmation email regarding load-in and load-out times and parking arrangements, if any, for Artists. Each Artist must adhere to the established guidelines. At no time may Artists block residential alleys or driveways.
- EAF is meant to reflect the Edgewater community at its best. Each Artist is required to empty garbage and recyclables appropriately in the provided dumpsters. Artist space must be kept clean and free of debris. An EAF staff member will periodically monitor and review the space for cleanliness. Each Artist is responsible for providing necessary trash bags and properly bagging and disposing of all garbage from your booth. Violators will be fined a minimum of $100 for non-compliance. • It is advised that all Artists have a plan for safe handling of money (i.e. the periodic removal of cash from the area and a secure method for maintaining cash on site). Some City events have reported thefts from Artists. Please plan accordingly.
- GENERAL: All EAF participants and their employees are expected to serve as a positive representation of the community and at no time should there be any illegal activities taking place at the festival. Any vendor found in violation of these rules can be fined and immediately removed from the festival at the discretion of EAIM. • Mistreatment of event staff or volunteers will not be tolerated. EAF/EAIM reserves the right to remove any individual or company from the event and ban from future events.
- EAIM, EAF, employees, related festival providers and participating sponsors shall NOT be responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the vendor, its employees or property prior to, during or subsequent to the period covered by the vending contract. The Artist signing this contract assumes full responsibility for the care, safety and security of all of his or her property and expressly releases all of the aforementioned from any and all claims of loss. • EAIM is not liable for injury or litigation arising from the products/services you or your company offer to the public. Products offered must comply with applicable state and federal laws.
- PHOTOGRAPHY WAIVER: This event will be photographed and videotaped. By participating in this event you hereby consent to the use of your likeness or image in those photographs or video for future promotional consideration by Edgewater Arts Festival and Edgewater Artists in Motion.
- By submitting this application, the participant accepts and agrees to all the terms and conditions contained in this agreement, including the Artists Rules and Guidelines above.