ArtFest of Scottsdale 2018 Agreement
ARTFEST OF SCOTTSDALE,
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Artist must personally attend his/her exhibit and be present during the entire two days of the festival. *Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC reserves the right to request photo identification to ensure compliance with this rule. (*Exceptions to this rule may only be made in the case of a physical illness or other limitation which would otherwise preclude the artist’s participation and will only be granted through the express written authorization of the festival director.)
2. All work exhibited must be original artwork produced by the artist and be reflective of the slides submitted. No imports or manufactured goods. Artwork produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted. No unlimited offset reproductions may be exhibited. Only limited edition prints (limit 250), executed in processes involving the artist, signed and numbered, will be permitted. 60% of artwork, readily visible to the public, must be original, not prints. Prints of photographs made from the artist’s negative must be processed by the artist, or under his;/her direct supervision.
3. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC retains the right to use slides, photographs, and artwork submitted by the artist to Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC for use in advertising and promotion of the festival, in this case, your slides, photographs or artwork may not be returned.
4. It is Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC.’s sole obligation to furnish assigned exhibit services, plus general cleaning and guard service. Services of any other nature shall be requested by the artist in writing at least 30 days prior to the festival to be considered by Festival Director. There might be a charge for the public to attend.
5. Artist shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of artist’s displays and materials. All pertinent fire codes, laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety shall be strictly obeyed. Nothing shall be nailed, stapled, taped or otherwise affixed to the wall, the ground or any part of the exhibition area in such a way to damage the area. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC prohibits the installation and operation of any exhibits not meeting its approval. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC, in its sole discretion, may prohibit the conduct of any activity whatsoever which it deems deleterious and not in the best interest of the festival. All canopies, tents, and/or displays must have a minimum of 25lbs of weight on each leg. Failure to provide weights may require removal of display.
6. Set-up for the festival may begin when all spaces in your area are marked correctly and approved by the director. Due to parking restriction during festival hours, set-up must be completed and all vehicles removed by 9AM both Saturday and Sunday. Thereafter, it will be necessary for you to park outside the festival area and carry your display in. Festival hours are from 10AM to 5PM Saturday and Sunday.
If you need a space that you can drive to: You will have to choose a space on the festival map located left of food court CBA and HIJK (the Westside) or right of food court LMN (the eastside), not in the center area on the map. Golf carts will be on site for your use in this area.
More information will be sent with acceptance letter.
7. Take-down: To facilitate clean up and the needs of the government offices on Monday in the Scottsdale Civic Center Plaza, all displays must be removed from the premises by 9PM on Sunday. NO EXCEPTIONS! Let the festival staff know 30 days prior to the festival if you require assistance.
8. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC, will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for failure to fulfill these terms and conditions, due to the unusable condition of the area in which the festival is to be produced, caused by, but not limited to, fire or other calamity, any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority of any cause beyond Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC’s control. Insurance must be obtained by and at artist’s expense. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC assumes no risk.
9. Artist, by signing the application, will hereby release and forever discharge ArtFest™, Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC, (AMA), the City of Scottsdale, the Scottsdale Cultural Council and all sponsoring organizations and their directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, loss or damage arising out of or in conjunction with his/her participation in ArtFest. Andrew Maguire & Associates LLC, will not be responsible for any injury sustained by the artist and guests while within space designated for exhibits. Further, artist understands that he/she stores his/her artwork at his/her own risk.
10. Artist is solely responsible for the collection and remittance of sales tax to the State of Arizona and the City of Scottsdale. (a state representative may contact you during the festival.) You must have submitted your paperwork for your city sales permit prior to the festival.
The City of Scottsdale will be at the festival and does check all DISPLAYS!
11. No waivers, modifications or amendments shall be valid unless approved in writing by the director of ArtFest. Venue for all legal proceedings arising from violations of these terms and conditions must be initiated in Maricopa County, Arizona.
12. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED AFTER ACCEPTANCE. All cancellations must be received in writing. Space fees will be returned to all applicants not accepted to the festival. The $35.00 application fee is not refundable. There is a $45.00 fee for all returned checks.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL REGARDING ACCEPTANCE DECISIONS. You may write or email for clarification.