Siesta Fiesta (Sarasota, FL): April 2019 - 41st Annual CRAFTS Section; American Craft Endeavors Agreement
The undersigned does hereby discharge, release and hold harmless, HOWARD ALAN EVENTS, INC. & AMERICAN CRAFT ENDEAVORS (all cities, property owners, and associations) and all co-sponsors from any and all manner of action, suits, damages, or claims whatsoever arising from any loss or damages or claims, to the person or property of the undersigned while in possession or under the supervision of the sponsors during the Festival, and hereby consents to enforcement of all rules of this event. Furthermore, the undersigned artist hereby certifies that all display work is handcrafted and created by the show participant. Participant understands that any mass produced item on display can cause expulsion from the show or future shows. There are no rain dates. There will be no refunds or credits if a show is cancelled due to rain, floods, hurricanes, or any other forces of nature after logistics and advertising have been arranged! There will be no refunds on artist cancellations. Credit will be issued if Howard Alan Events, Inc. & American Craft Endeavors is notified in writing at least (30) THIRTY days prior to an event. Exhibitors are responsible for full payment of show fee if cancelled less than 30 days prior to event. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY EXHIBITOR CAUSING ANY PROBLEMS TO FELLOW EXHIBITORS OR MANAGEMENT. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations set forth may result in expulsion from any and/or all events. Management reserves the right to make final interpretation of all rules.
The undersigned understands that if this application is not accepted, the Application Processing Fee is non-refundable. If accepted, HAE/ACE has my permission to reproduce my artwork, through the photographs I have submitted, for the purpose of advertising and marketing the Festival. HAE/ACE also has my permission to publish photographs or videos taken of my booth, my work and me during the Festival for purposes related to promotion of the Festival, past or future.
BY APPLYING, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL POLICIES, RULES and REGULATIONS!!!!
EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
►The staff at Howard Alan Events and American Craft Endeavors would like to thank you for your participation in our shows. In order for you to help us make our shows the best they can be, we have established some rules and regulations. To participate in our events, you MUST observe the following…
- All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass-produced items will not be tolerated. This rule is strictly enforced.
- All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to your acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process that appears in your both at an event will be removed. Artists and crafters are only permitted to apply with one medium.
- All applications require 3 photos of your work plus 1 photo of your outdoor display. We will not process your application without a photo of your outdoor display with the white 10x10 tent included in the image. INDOOR displays WILL NOT be accepted.
- Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All tents MUST be white and all racks MUST be covered. Handwritten signs and sale signs are strictly prohibited. Ribbons won from other shows may NOT be displayed. Please visit our website, www.ArtFestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery.
- Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down. If your space is not clean after an event, you may be expelled from future shows.
- Please send a biography of you and your work. We like to have these on file for publicity opportunities.
- For most shows, a fifty dollar ($50) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is thirty (30) days away or more. We also accept credit cards for payment of booth fees. Please visit our website to access card authorization forms or contact our office. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must be paid NO LATER than thirty (30) days before the event or a thirty dollar ($30) late fee will be applied to the balance. If you are applying for a show past the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the late $30 fee with the show fee.
- It is VERY important that you include the event name and date on your checks to avoid miscommunication.
- First Time Exhibitors: If you are applying within 30 days or less before an event, a credit card, money order or cashier’s check is required for the show fee!
- For shows without deadlines, please keep in mind that the show(s) and categories may be open when you contact us, but are subject to close at any time. To avoid missing a show, please submit early. Applying when the applications first become available is strongly recommended.
- Please allow 2 to 4 weeks to process your application
. You will not be charged a late fee if you apply more than 30 days before the show date, and are informed of your acceptance within 30 days of the show.
- WAITING LIST – Once placed on the waitlist, the office will contact you as soon as we have an opening in the show. If an opening does not occur, we will return your show fee check uncashed, after the event takes place. If you are called from the waitlist, there is NO penalty if you do not accept the spot and your show fee will be immediately returned to you.
- CANCELLATIONS – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED SHOWS! However, a credit good for 2 years from the cancellation date will be issued to your account if you notify the office more than 30 days before the event date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is cancelled within 30 days of the show. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule! If you cancel an event within 30 days of the show date, you are liable for the show balance. You will not be able to exhibit in a future event until the show balance has been paid.
- All cancellations MUST be in writing (email preferred); declining the show on Zapp is not a valid cancellation.
- The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth at all times. NO subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed. Friendly pets are allowed at the shows.
- TAXES – Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting the state sales tax and filing a report with the local Department of Revenue.
- An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the show. IF you are not present for any part of the show, you may be expelled from future shows.
- Bank Fees – A $25 bank fee will be charged on all returned checks. The check amount plus the $25 fee is payable with a money order, credit card, cashier’s check or cash. The fee may be higher with international checks.
- TENTS – Exhibitors are responsible for making their tents sturdy against wind, rain, etc. Tents MUST be manufactured of flame-retardant materials. Staking into the pavement will NOT be permitted without written permission from the show director. Howard Alan Events/American Craft Endeavors is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property. Dollies are required for set-up and breakdown for most shows!
- If you would like to rent a tent for an event, please call The Tent Guys. The number is 561-374-1783. If doing so, please make a note of this on your application so the jury is aware of why you do not have a white 10x10 tent in your display image. You MUST set-up a 10x10 space outside and show us how you plan to display your work at the show.
- Exhibitors will receive an ample amount of booth space, which varies depending on the venue. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
- The exhibitor’s space shall be occupied by 7:45 a.m. the morning of the show or you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be given away with no possible refund or credit. Vehicles MUST be removed from the show area by 8:30 a.m. unless otherwise specified.
- No Solicitation - Exhibitors are present at our shows for the purpose of representing their work. For that reason, no exhibitor, or their representatives, will engage in any type of solicitation of any products, supplies, shows, etc. during the course of the show, starting at the commencement of the event and ending at the end of breakdown of the said event. The exhibitors’ role is to sell their work and not engage in any other non-related business activities during the course of the event. Failure to comply could cause possible expulsion from the show.
- Set-Up and Breakdown times will be strictly enforced. Please see show confirmation for details.
- Management reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations.