Palmer Park Art Fair 2019 Agreement
ART FAIR RULES
The following are the rules applicable to your participation in the art fair. You may participate in the art fair only in accordance with these rules. No other document, including your purchase orders or similar documents (even if signed or acknowledged by Integrity Shows), shall modify these rules. If you do not agree with or abide by these rules, you may not participate in the art fair.
1. Your work must be original and created by you as the artist. If we have reason to believe that your work is not original and created by you, we reserve the right to make reasonable inquiry into the origin and authenticity of your work. High quality prints are acceptable as long as they were included in your application. If you fail to cooperate in our investigation or if we determine that your work is not original and created by you (e.g., if the work was created by another artist and purchased for resale by you at the art fair), you may, at your election, either (a) immediately and completely exit the fair without refund, or (b) remain at the fair but re-classified as a "commercial" booth, the rent for which will be adjusted to the commercial rate of $2500. If you elect to re-classify your booth, the difference between your initial rent payment and the adjusted commercial rent will be immediately due and payable.
Should this additional payment not be made on demand, our show crew may at any time block access to your booth and/or remove your materials from the show. Should it be necessary to remove your materials we will endeavor to do so without damaging them and to keep them secure for a short time while you prepare to remove them from the show site. We cannot and will not take responsibility for damaged or missing items. Your application indicates that you understand these rules and that you give us permission to enforce them as described.
2. Your work may only be in the medium and styles as presented to and accepted during the application process. This includes a proportional representation of the medium and styles presented to and accepted.
3. You must provide your own tent and display as presented in the application process. All tents must be staked or have a minimum of forty (40) pounds of weight securely attached to each corner.
4. Electricity is not available.
5. Your booth area will be designated by lines or other demarcation. Your tent and displays must remain in the booth area assigned to you at all times.
6. You may not share a booth, unless all artists sharing the booth have been accepted by the jury and prior arrangements for sharing have been made and accept by us.
7. All art must be available for sale. You acknowledge and agree that you are required by law to collect and remit Michigan sales taxes. Call the Treasury Department, (517) 373-0888, to register.
8. Integrity Shows reserves the right to cancel your acceptance to the art fair at any time prior to the show with no further obligation to you except a refund of your previously paid booth fees (if any).
9. You authorize us to use your name, image, and likeness, as well as representative samples of your work, for purposes of promoting and advertising the art fair.
10. You may cancel your participation at the art fair at any time and for any reason. If we receive your cancellation before April 14, you will be entitled to a full refund. Refunds will be made within 30 days after receipt. If we receive your cancellation between April 14 and April 28, you will be entitled to a credit in the amount of your fees which may be applied to the next Palmer Park Art Fair. No refunds after April 28.
11. Your booth must remain open during all event hours. At least one of the artists listed on your application must be present during the event.
12. You acknowledge the inherent risks associated with outdoor, public displays of your art work . YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER INSURANCE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR WORK AND SETUP. Integrity Shows, and its partners are not responsible for loss or damage. You must list the following with a minimum coverage of $1 million. "Integrity Shows Inc., Box 21667, Detroit, MI 48221; The City of Detroit and the Detroit Recreation Department, 2 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48226 and People for Palmer Park, Box 43735, Detroit, MI 48735"
Please contact us if you need assistance in obtaining annual or show specific insurance coverage.
13. The show will be held unless the event management (or city or municipal official) determines that there is a threat to safety. If show hours are reduced or the event is canceled there is no refund.
14. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Palmer Park Art Fair, Integrity Shows Inc The City of Detroit, The Detroit Recreation Department and the People for Palmer Park for any damages.
15. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time with prior written notice to you. You acknowledge that the venue may have rules of its own and agree to abide by those rules as well.