Sugarloaf Craft Festivals - Fall Shows 2019 Agreement
- The Artist or Craftsperson who designs the work and is a principal of the business MUST be present to show their work. If the craft or art is signed by an individual, they are the person required to be at the show. If the business is named after the artist, that individual must be at the show in person. If more than one person is listed as the Exhibitor on this contract, Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. reserves the right to require proof that both are creators of the work and both are significant principals in the business.
- No dealers or sales representatives are allowed.
- All work must be original and completely finished. No imports, kits, items made from kits, items made using commercial patterns or commercial molds, items assembled from pre-manufactured components, unfinished work, items made from elephant or whale ivory, embellished items, commercial T-shirts, commercial sweats, or art and craft supplies may be displayed or sold.
- Cancellation Refund Schedule: Artists may cancel a show for any reason. A full refund of space fees will be given when cancellation is received within 14 days of acceptance. The $20 seasonal jurying fee is non refundable. Other refunds depend on how many days before the first day of the show that we receive notice:
120 + days.........................................80% of space fee + 100% electric fee + 100% corner fee
90-119 days notice............................60% of space fee + 100% electric fee + 100% corner fee
60 – 89 days notice............................40% of space fee + 100% electric fee + 100% corner fee
30 – 59 days notice............................20% of all fees including electric and corner fees
0 – 29 days notice..............................none
- A $35.00 fee will be charged on any check returned by Exhibitor’s bank. Any foreign check processing fees charged by our bank will be billed to the exhibitor at cost.
- Applicant agrees that any fees submitted may be applied to any current or past outstanding invoice the exhibitor has with Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc.
- Exhibitors may only show and sell work typified by images.
- All art and craft items displayed must be for sale.
- Exhibitor’s booth must have a suitable backdrop to block the view of walls, storage areas or other Exhibitors’ booths. All of Exhibitor’s booth and display, including chairs, must be placed within the confines of the space. Nothing is to be placed in the aisles.
- Corner space requests are not guaranteed. Exhibitors will be notified when they get their specific space assignment whether or not they have received a corner space. Those not receiving corners will have their corner fee returned to them at that time.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. reserves the right to revoke the license granted by this contract at any time, including at the show, by refunding the space fees paid by the Exhibitor. Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. will not be liable for paying any travel expenses, lost revenue or any other liability whatsoever beyond the space fees paid by the Exhibitor as a result of enforcing this provision.
- The Exhibitor’s booth must be open and staffed during all regular show hours. In many cases, anyone arriving late, leaving before closing or breaking down during show hours may be refused entrance to future shows.
- Spaces not occupied by 7:30 pm on set-up day may be filled with standby Exhibitors with no refund or allowance whatsoever.
- All exhibits, goods and materials must be removed by 10 pm of the last day of the show. Failure to have everything off site by this time may result in extra charges.
- Parking and traffic will not be permitted in the show area or fire lanes from one half hour before show opens until fifteen minutes after the show closes each day. All loading and unloading must be planned around these hours and vehicles are to be removed to the Exhibitor parking lots before the show opens. Vehicles remaining in the show area or fire lanes during these hours may be towed away at the owner’s risk and expense.
- Exhibitors must abide by all fire regulations and/or decisions of the representatives of local fire departments. All booth materials shall be in accordance with local fire regulations.
- Nothing shall be nailed, stapled or otherwise fixed to the walls, floors or any part of the exhibition rooms.
- Exhibitor’s booth must not interfere with adjacent exhibits in any way.
- All exhibits are to be in keeping with the overall family-oriented theme of the show.
- Exhibitors are not to bring pets to the show.
- All Exhibitors are responsible for keeping their area clean during show hours, including clean-up at end of show. All displays should be neat and clean and tables should be covered on all sides to the floor with a suitable, professional looking cover of flame retardant materials.
- Exhibitors and their helpers must exhibit professional behavior at all times while on the show site. Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what constitutes professional behavior. Violation of this rule will result in the Exhibitor, their helpers and exhibits being excluded from the show site with no refund or allowance whatsoever. In addition, Exhibitors violating this rule may be removed from future Sugarloaf shows with refunds in accordance with the policy detailed in condition #4 above.
- All extension cords used at the show must be the heavy-duty, three wire type. No two wire extension cords are allowed.
- Exhibitors may not display ribbons or awards from other shows.
- Exhibitors may not sublet or apportion space to anyone else.
- No open flames are permitted.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for the failure to fulfill this contract due to reasons of the enclosure in which the show is to be produced, being, before, or during the show destroyed by fire or other calamity, or by any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond its control.
- Insurance, if desired by the Exhibitors, must be obtained by them at their own cost.
- Exhibitors shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection, and removal of their own displays and materials.
- Exhibitors found in violation of any of the “Conditions of the Show” may be excluded and have their exhibits removed from the current and/or future shows at the sole discretion of Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. In such cases, refunds will be provided as detailed in condition #4 above. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from such action.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc. may require the removal of work considered to be in violation of these conditions and reserves the right to make final interpretation of all conditions.
- If any section, sentence, clause, phrase or portion of this licensing application/contract is, for any reason, held invalid or unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, such portion shall be deemed a separate, distinct and independent provision and such holding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions.
- This contract shall be deemed to have been made in the State of Maryland and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of such state. In the event that legal action is required to enforce this contract or any of the terms thereof, such action shall be brought in the Courts of Montgomery County, Maryland, and the Exhibitor expressly consents to the jurisdiction of such courts. The parties agree to accept service of process in such action by ordinary mail sent to their business addresses as set forth in this contract.
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement between Sugarloaf Mountain Works, Inc., and the Exhibitor and no modification shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties or their representatives.