Art Fair on the Square 2019 - Madison, WI, 61st Annual Agreement
- Art Fair on the Square is open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
- All exhibited work must be original in concept and must have been created by the applicant who applied and was invited to exhibit. No work made with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils, or prefabricated forms may be exhibited. Offset reproductions of original art may be sold, but must not comprise more than 20% of exhibited work or occupy more than 20% of a booth space. Buy/sell is not permitted.
- Each exhibitor’s work will be screened by jurors during the Art Fair on the Square. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules, or differs from the images submitted, will be asked to leave. The judgment of the jury will be final, and no refunds will be given.
- Artists must be present to exhibit and manage their displays during the Art Fair on the Square. Artists are limited to the booth space(s) they were assigned; booth spaces are non-transferable. Any artist who has not been juried into Art Fair on the Square and/or has not paid the jury and booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
- All sales will be conducted between the artist and the purchaser. Participating artists must obtain a State of Wisconsin seller’s permit prior to the fair and must collect and pay Wisconsin sales tax (5.5%) on all sales made during the fair. Accepted artists will not be permitted to exhibit until this permit number has been officially submitted online at www.mmoca.org/taxform.
- All artists must adhere to City and Capitol Police and MMoCA guidelines and regulations regarding booth display. Noncompliance will result in citations and fines and will prevent exhibition. Regulations will be provided to all artists invited to exhibit. Artists found to be responsible for damages to City or State grounds will be held liable.
- The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art retains the right to expel artists or deem them ineligible for awards if they fail to comply with the rules stated above.
Release and Signature
1. If invited and you accept the invitation and/or pay your booth fee, you agree to the use of your images for promotional purposes unless otherwise requested in writing no later than April 5, 2019.
2. I will not hold the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, its officers, or its agents responsible for accidental loss, damage or theft of any kind before, during or after the event.
3. I will exhibit only my original work.
4. I have read and understand the entire application including rules and procedures for Art Fair on the Square 2019. I agree to abide by the rules, policies, guidelines, and this legal agreement for the Art Fair on the Square event and understand that failure to follow these regulations may result in my expulsion from the 2019 Art Fair on the Square and/or future Art Fairs organized by MMoCA.
5. I understand that I will be held liable for any damages that I inflict on City of Madison or State of Wisconsin grounds.
Emerging Artist Rules/Regulations:
Applicants in this catagoery are limited to:
- Early career artists
- Artists who have not exhibited at a juried art fair more than 4 times prior to applying in this fair’s ‘Emerging Artist’ category.
- Artists who can provide a link to a website with at least 10 images of their artwork (in addition to those submitted to this fair via Zapplication).
- Artists with some evidence of professional achievement, but do not yet have a substantial record of accomplishment.
Read complete information, process, rules and regulations for Emerging artists here:
- By applying in the "Emerging Artist" category you agree to these stated rules and regulations, as well as those outlined for all other applicants.
- Note: Approximately 12 Emerging Artists will be grouped together on the ‘Emerge Block’ at the top of State Street, a radiating block and major access point to the Capital square. This block is separated from the main artist display areas on the Capital square. Emerging Artists will pay a lower booth fee than artists who will be exhibiting on the square proper. A tent, table and chair rental package will be made available for an additional fee.