MMoCA Art & Gift Fair 2019 Agreement
By submitting the application, artist agrees to the following:
1. The MMoCA Art & Gift Fair is open to all exhibitors 18 years of age and older.
2. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
3. All works on display must be for sale. Exhibitors should bring a range of items to accommodate the gift shopper, the casual buyer, and the fine art collector.
4. All sales will be conducted between the artist and purchaser. Artists are responsible for obtaining a State of Wisconsin seller’s permit and for collecting and paying Wisconsin sales tax on all sales made during the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair.
5. Each exhibitor’s work may be screened by staff and jurors during MMoCA Art & Gift Fair. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules, or differs from the artwork images submitted, will be asked to leave. The judgment of the staff will be final, and no refunds will be given.
6. Artists must be present to exhibit and manage their displays during the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair. Artists are limited to the booth space they were assigned. Booth spaces are non-transferable. Any artist who has not been juried into the Fair, or has not paid the jury and booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
7. All exhibitors will set up booths on Friday, November 15, 2019, by appointment.
8. Artists must provide written notice of cancellation by 11:59 p.m. on 9/13/2019 to receive a booth fee refund minus a $50 cancellation processing fee. Artists canceling after 9/13/2019 will not receive a refund. No exceptions will be made.
9. If accepted, you agree to the use of your images for promotional purposes unless you notify us in writing otherwise before October 1, 2019.
10. Funds raised at the MMoCA Art & Gift Fair support the museum and its ongoing programs and exhibitions at the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
11. If MMoCA or Overture Center staff members or volunteers find that an exhibiting artist has caused damage to MMoCA or Overture Center for the Arts property, that artist will be held responsible and will be invoiced following the event. The artist in question will not be allowed to participate in any MMoCA events or art fairs until the invoice for the damage has been paid.
12. All exhibited work must be original in concept and must have been created by the accepted applicant. No work made with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils, or prefabricated forms may be exhibited. No buy/sell. Offset reproductions of original art may be sold, but must not comprise more than 20% of exhibited work or occupy more than 20% of a booth space. Buy/sell is not permitted.