Frankfort Fall Fest 2019 Agreement
WORK CERTIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS STATEMENT:
I hereby certify that all items exhibit in the Frankfort Fall Festival ("Festival") are individually crafted items, created by the undersigned artisan. The undersigned further understands that no imports, kits, resale products, manufactured items are permitted.
The undersigned hereby certifies that he/she understands and accepts all the Contract Rules and Guidelines set forth below governing this event.
I futher understand that I might be required to produce product invoices for raw materials or grant permission to directly contact my suppliers.
Furthermore, the undersigned reconizes that failure to abide by the Contract Rules and Guidelines, stated or implied, will result in immediate removel from the Festival.
I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Frankfort, its agents, assigns and employees regarding any damages and/or causes of action resulting from the negligence and/or willful conduct of the artisan, its agents, or employees, or as the result of the use of the artian's product or equipment in the display of products.
CONTRACT RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- The Artisan who designs and executes the work MUST be present during exhibiting hours of the Festival to show their work. No dealers or sales representatives are allowed. Artisans may not sublet or apportion space to anyone else, without the express prior written consent of Frankfort Chamber of Commerce.
- All work must be original, completely finished and created by the undersigned Artisan. No imports, kits, items made from kits or resale products may be displayed or sold.
- An application is a commitment to show. No full refunds will be given after the acceptance notice is sent. Partial refunds will be given based on the number of days left until the opening of the show:
- Prior to July 1, 2019
- Prior to August 1, 2019
- After August 1, 2019 0
- Payment is required by May 31, 2019. if we do not receive payment you will be placed on the standby list, and you will lose your preferred spot. A $50.00 fee will be assessed on any check returned by Artisan’s bank.
- Artisans may only show work typified by photos submitted.
- All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process shall be removed. Separate photos for each category to be displayed must be submitted. Artisans may only sell work shown in submitted photos.
- Acceptance in or products sold in a past Fall Festival is no guarantee that the Artisan will be accepted to exhibit in the current year.
- A Certificate of Insurance which provides proof of general business liability insurance in the minimal amount of $100,000 is required by all Artisans accepted in the show by July 31, 2019. Your name or company name from your application must be on this certificate and the dates of the 2019 Festival must be covered. Food or skin product Artisans must provide proof of insurance of the amount of $1,000,000. You MUST list the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Frankfort as additional insureds.
- Artisans are required to display a poster depicting pictures of your category(s) in at least five stages of development. This poster showing work in progress must be displayed by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and remain for the entire Festival.
- The Artisan’s booth must be open and staffed during all exhibiting hours. Anyone arriving late, leaving before closing or breaking down during Festival hours may be asked to leave. If you sell out, you must remain, show samples and take orders for shipping.
- Artisan’s booth must not interfere with adjacent exhibits in any way. Access to walkways and aisles must remain clear.
- Artisans are not allowed to bring their pets.
- All Artisans are responsible for keeping their area clean during Festival hours, including final clean-up at the end of the Festival. All displays should be neat, clean and tables should be covered on all sides. Artisans are responsible for removing all trash from their booth to dumpsters and leaving their space in the same condition in which they found it.
- If you have paid for electric, the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce will supply power cords extending to your booth space.
- State sales tax for the weekend must be paid according to the Illinois Department of Revenue collection agent’s guide sheets.
- Frankfort Chamber of Commerce will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for the failure to fulfill this contract due to reasons of the location in which Festival is held before, or during the Festival destroyed by fire or other calamity, or by any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statues, ordinances, force majuer, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond its control.
- Artisans found in violation of any of the items in this Contract may be excluded and have their exhibits removed from the current and/or future Festivals at the sole discretion of the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce. No refunds will be provided. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Frankfort Chamber of Commerce be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from such action.
- Frankfort Chamber of Commerce may require the removal of items considered to be in violation of these conditions and reserves the right to make final interpretation of all conditions.
- If any section, sentence, clause, phrase or portion of this Contract is, for any reason, held invalid or unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, such portion shall be deemed a separate provision and such holding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions.
- This Contract shall be deemed to have been made in the State of Illinois and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of such state. In the event that legal action is required to enforce this contract or any of the terms thereof, such action shall be brought in Will County, Illinois, and the Artisan expressly consents to the jurisdiction of such courts. The parties agree to accept service of process in such action by ordinary mail sent to the address on this application.
- This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between Frankfort Chamber of Commerce and the Artisan and no modification shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties or their representatives.
- Failure to follow these rules or abusive behavior to Chamber Staff or Volunteer will result in immediate termination of your participation in the Festival.