Flagstaff Festival in the Pines 2019 Agreement
1. Flagstaff Festival in the Pines has an admission price for the public.
2. Artist must personally attend his/her exhibit and be present during the entire three days of the festival. *Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC reserves the right to request photo identification to ensure compliance with this rule.(*exceptions to this rule may only be made in the case of a physical illness or other limitation which would otherwise preclude the artist’s participation and will only be granted thought the express written authorization of the Festival Director.) The work exhibited must be consistent with slides submitted by the artist. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC has the right to require that any other work be immediately removed from the show. Failure to comply may result in artist’s removal from the festival and artist’s right to exhibit in further festivals may be refused.
3. All work exhibited must be original artwork produced by the artist. No imports or manufactured goods. Work which has been produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted. No unlimited offset reproductions may be exhibited. In the jewelry category, the artist present must be the original designer ad creator. No buy/sell products are allowed at this festival, and if discovered, booths will be closed and artist will not be invited back to the festival.
4. Only limited edition prints, executed in process involving work by the artist, will be permitted, but only if they have been properly signed and numbered. At least 50% of artist’s work, readily visible to the public, must be original. Prints of photographs made from the artist’s original negative must be processed by bye artist or under his/her direct supervision.
5. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC retains the rights to use slides (photos) submitted by the artist for use in advertising and promotion of the festival, which in this case, your slides (photos) may not be returned.
6. It is Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC sole obligation to furnish assigned exhibit space, plus general lighting, cleaning and guard service. Services of any other nature shall be requested by the artist in writing at least 30 days prior to the festival.
7. Artist shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of artist’s displays and materials. All pertinent fire codes, laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety shall be strictly obeyed. Nothing shall be nailed. stapled, taped, stakes or otherwise affixed to the wall, the ground or any part of the exhibition area in such a way to damage the area. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC prohibits the installation and operation of any exhibits not meeting its approval. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC in their sole discretion, may prohibit the conduct of any activity whatsoever which it deems deleterious and not in the best interest of the festival.
8. Set-up for the festival may begin when all spaces in your area are marked correctly and approved by the Director, approximately 1:00 PM Wednesday. Due to Fire Department restrictions during festival hours, set-up must be completed and all vehicles removed by 9:30 AM Thursday and 8:30 AM on Friday and Saturday. Thereafter, it will be necessary for you to park outside the festival area and carry your display in. Takedown! The festival ends at 5:00 PM on Saturday. Display and artwork must be removed by 10:00 PM that same evening. Please let the festival staffs know 10 days in advance if you will need assistance.
9. Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC. and Coconino County will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for failure to fulfill theses terms and conditions, due to the unusable condition of the area in which the festival is to be produced, caused by, but not limited to, fire or other calamity, any act of God, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority or any cause beyond Coconino County and Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC‘s control. Insurance must be obtained by and at artist’s expense. Coconino County and Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC assume no risk.
10. Artist, by signing the application, will hereby release and forever discharge Flagstaff Festival in the Pines, Coconino County, Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC, and all sponsoring Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC organizations and their directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, loss or damage arising out of or in conjunction with his/her participation in Flagstaff Festival in the Pines. Coconino County and Andrew Maguire & Associates, LLC will not be responsible for any injury sustained by the artist and guests while within space designated for exhibits. Further, artist understands that he/she stores his/her artwork at his/her own risk.
11. Artist is solely responsible for the collection and remittance of sales tax to the State of Arizona. (A state representative may contact you during the festival.) State and County Sales Tax will apply and artist is solely responsible for the collection. State and County tax is a total of 6.9%. Artist must obtain a Sales Tax Permit. Visit State of Arizona Department of Revenue’s website for further instructions.
12. No waivers, modifications or amendments shall be valid unless approved in writing by the Owner/Director of Flagstaff Festival in the Pines Venue for all legal proceedings arising from violations of these terms and conditions must be initiated in Maricopa County, Arizona.
13. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED AFTER ACCEPTANCE. An accepted application is a commitment to participate in the Festival. All cancellations must be received in writing. Space fees will be returned to all applicants not accepted into the festival. The $35.00 application fee and $80.00 late fee (if applicable) are not refundable. There is a $45.00 fee for all returned checks
14. All rules are subject to interpretation by Andrew Maguire and Associates, LLC. Andrew Maguire and Associates, LLC reserves the right to amend these rules as deemed necessary.
15. Andrew Maguire and Associates, LLC has the authority to disqualify any entrant in case of violation of general or special rules or for misconduct while on fairgrounds. The decision will be final. Any artist or artist assistant who engages in inappropriate, aggressive, abrasive, or illegal behavior or who violates these rules or any other Festival policy, may be expelled or banned from the Festival and future festivals. Any artist who applies for admission to the Festival after having been banned shall not be entitled to a refund of any application fee. Any artist who is inadvertently invited to participate in the Festival after being banned may be asked to leave and shall not be entitled to a refund of any application or booth fee.
16. Artist agrees to obtain an Arizona Seller’s Permit.