Redmond Arts Festival 2019 Agreement
Artist Participation Agreement
By submitting this application, you, the artist, agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the application, prospectus and the Artist Participation Agreement, below, including, but not limited to, the waiver of liability.
- Artists for the Redmond Arts Festival will be selected by a panel of arts professionals and stakeholders. In addition to this selection process, VALA Eastside and Redmond Town Center reserve the right to invite artists who do not apply through this process, and to NOT invite an artist to participate, although selected through this application process.
UPON SELECTION INTO ARTS FESTIVAL AND FULL PAYMENT RECEIVED, THE ARTIST WILL BE PROVIDED:
- Logistical details before the event date; details will include parking, load-in, load-out, 10’x10’ booth space and other needed details for participation in the festival.
- In consideration for the booth fee paid the Artist shall be given a 10’x10’ booth space, to be designated by VALA Eastside and Redmond Town Center. The Artist is not guaranteed a booth space until the full payment is received.
- Artists who provide their own tents must also provide and have secured at all times tent weights on each leg weighing at least 20lbs per weight. Tent can be a maximum of 10’x10’ in size and may not encroach on other artists space or the pedestrian walkways.
- Booth spaces may be changed, modified or adjusted at any time by event organizers.
- The Artist may share its booth space with another artist so long as that artist is included in the application.
- The Artist may NOT sublet or share any or all of its booth space to an artist not selected through the application process.
- The Artist’s booth must be set up and open during all days and hours of the festival.
- The Artist may not close its booth early or temporarily unless the Arts Festival closes for a brief period due to a weather emergency. The exception to this rule shall be for lunch and dinner breaks when another person is not available to watch the Artist’s booth.
- VALA and Redmond Town Center reserves the right to change the hours of the Arts Festival at its sole discretion.
- The work displayed in the Arts Festival must be of the same nature and quality as the images submitted for jurying. VALA and Redmond Town Center reserves the right at any time to not allow display of work that is deemed unsuitable for the public or doesn’t represent the work in the Artist’s application.
BOOTH FEE REFUNDS
- Once the Artist’s full payment is received, and the refund deadline has passed, registration is final and no refund will be issued.
SECURITY AND INCLEMENT WEATHER
- The Artist is responsible for their Artwork at all times. In the case of security concerns, the Artist must notify VALA or Redmond Town Center staff immediately.
- Weather will be monitored during the festival. If an announcement is made regarding any weather concerns, the Artist must comply immediately with any weather-related instructions.
COPYRIGHTS AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Copyrights on all Artwork are presumed to belong to Artist.
- VALA, Redmond Town Center and affiliated parties may photograph or videotape Artwork for any non‑commercial use, including but not limited to, festival documentation, publicity of festival, and/or recordkeeping.
SALES, LICENSING AND TAXES
- VALA and Redmond Town Center will not take a commission for artists works sold.
- The Artist is required to provide a State Business License # (UBI #) at time of application.
- The Artist is responsible to obtain any permits, licenses or pay any taxes required for sales of Artwork.
- VALA Eastside and Redmond Town Center do not provide insurance or insure the Artist or their property. The Artist is encouraged, but not required, to carry general liability insurance and other insurance to cover their property.
WAIVER, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- The Artist warrants and represents that he or she is the sole legal owner of all right, title and interest in all Artwork, including all related intellectual property interests such as trademarks and the sole and exclusive copyright in all Artwork, and has the full right and authority to enter this Agreement and grant the rights granted in this Agreement.
- The Artist assumes all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the Redmond Arts Festival.
- The Artist releases and holds harmless the following parties: VALA Eastside, Redmond Town Center, JSH Properties and all of its employees, agents, directors, officers, volunteers, and resident artists, individually and collectively, from liability for all damages to or for the loss of the Artwork at any time during the Redmond Arts Festival or other events associated with the Arts Festival.
- The Artist releases and holds harmless the above listed parties from any claim arising from and usage of the facilities.