Tempe Festival of the Arts - Fall 2019 Agreement
- Laws/Codes/Rules - Applicants must comply with all Festival, municipal and state laws, rules, regulations and policies listed in this application, or policies included in the applicant acceptance notification. Any noncompliance will cause elimination and applicant may be immediately removed from the Festival with no refund of fees or compensation for expenditures. Applicants also may be barred from acceptance to future Tempe Festivals of the Arts and Downtown Tempe Foundation, Inc. events. Tempe Festival of the Arts and Downtown Tempe Foundation, Inc., in their sole discretion, may reserve the right to refuse participation by any applicant, entertainer, food vendor or any other such participant for any reason. Downtown Tempe Foundation, Inc. and the Tempe Festival of the Arts are not liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for applicant's failure to obey the rules and regulations or due to the unstable condition of the area in which the Festival is produced, caused by, but not limited to, weather, fire or other calamity, and act of nature, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority or any other cause beyond DTF, Inc.'s control.
- Hold Harmless - By completing application and engaging in participation, all applicants release and hold harmless Downtown Tempe Foundation, Inc., the Tempe Festival of the Arts, the City of Tempe, Maricopa County, the State of Arizona, and all event sponsors from any and all liability, as outlined in the rules and regulations.
- Images - Artists agree that images provided will be used for the jury process and may also be used for specific event-related publicity. Any other proposed image usage will be arranged through separate consent agreement with the artist. Event participants agree to allow use of videos and photographs taken at event for promotional purposes. Any photos taken by the event are the property of the festival.
- Removal - Festival staff reserves the right to ask any artist to pack up and leave the festival. Reasons for removal of an artist may include the presence of buy/sell in their booth, conduct unbecoming to the festival and offensive to other artists, selling of items in their booth that were not incuded in their application, etc.
- Taxes – Artists retain all sales from the festival. It is the responsibility of the artist to collect and remit the 8.1% combined City and State taxes. For more information, visit the Arizona Department of Revenue. https://www.azdor.gov/Business/TransactionPrivilegeTax.aspx