Lubbock Arts Festival 2020 - 42nd Annual Agreement
BORING, LEGAL STUFF:
THE STATE OF TEXAS §
COUNTY OF LUBBOCK §
VISUAL ARTS BOOTH AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by and between the LUBBOCK ARTS ALLIANCE, INC. of Lubbock, Texas, as LESSOR (hereinafter called "LAA") and LESSEE (hereinafter "ARTIST").
LAA and ARTIST agree to the lease of space by LAA to ARTIST at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center for the display of visual arts during the Lubbock Arts Festival to be held April 17, 18, 19, 2020 and in consideration of the mutual agreement and covenants set forth hereinafter, LAA and ARTIST mutually agree as follows:
1. LAA does hereby lease to ARTIST a portion of the premises of the Visual Arts Division in the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center (indoors) consisting of a pre-assigned booth. The leased premises are to be used solely by ARTIST to sell original works of art created by the ARTIST.
2. ARTIST has paid LAA a non-refundable booth rental.
3. In the event ARTIST has not set up and fully displayed the leased premises on or before 2:00 P.M. on Friday, April 17, 2020 then ARTIST forfeits the fee described in the agreement, and the leased premises will be assigned to such other ARTIST as LAA may choose.
4. The exhibit of artwork and lease of the premises by the ARTIST shall be operated by ARTIST in conformance with State and Federal Laws, and Ordinances of the City of Lubbock, including fire regulations concerning drapes and other materials. It is understood and agreed that LAA is not an insurer of ARTIST'S personal property or personal safety, and LAA shall not be liable for any accident, damage, theft, fire, casualty, or any other loss of any type to any personal articles or artwork, employed by or in the possession of ARTIST while on the leased premises, nor shall LAA be liable for any personal injuries during the time of preparation, before or during the actual occupancy of the premises, or during the period of removal there from by ARTIST, regardless of whether LAA, its agents, servants, or employees are negligent and such negligence causes or contributes to the aforementioned. The ARTIST agrees to maintain the premises in a neat and sanitary condition at all times and shall be open for business during all Festival hours.
5. All artwork displayed by ARTIST upon the leased premises shall be the original creation and artwork of ARTIST. Each ARTIST shall accompany his or her work, or appoint someone subject to the approval of LAA, and introduced and identified in writing to LAA, to accompany work and discharge ARTIST'S obligation for the display and sale of such work. ARTIST shall label all artwork offered for sale, with a readily visible price of such work. ARTIST shall not exhibit any forms of artwork which are not included in the artist's application.
6. Each ARTIST is responsible for paying appropriate state and local sales tax(es).
7. LAA reserves the right to reject or remove from the premises any item which it considers inappropriate for the Lubbock Arts Festival. Further, LAA reserves the right to terminate this lease for breach of the terms or covenants hereof, or when in the exclusive judgment of LAA, its agents, servants, or employees, ARTIST has failed to abide by the rules of the Lubbock Arts Festival, as outlined in the Visual Arts Application, which Application is specifically incorporated by reference herein. ARTIST'S compliance with these rules is of the essence of the Agreement.