BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Sedona Arts Festival 2013
Show Dates: 10/12/13 - 10/13/13
Application Deadline: 7/15/13
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Now in its 23rd year, the Sedona Arts Festival is a favorite in the Southwest. It has become a premiere destination arts festival, known for the quality of art and first class treatment of both its artists and its guests. With Sedona’s spectacular red rocks as a backdrop and glorious fall weather to compliment the event, the festival attracts more than 5000 seasonal and year round residents and tourists. The festival showcases 140 fine artists from around the country, as well as a Gourmet Gallery which features locally produced and packaged food items. KidZone offers art activities for children.
The Sedona Arts Festival promotes awareness of the arts, supports artists, and builds community in the greater Sedona area. We financially support art programs and provide scholarships for our youth. Our festival admission fee is our primary fundraiser for our giving programs.
Admission to the festival is $8 for everyone if paid in advance through our website. Gate prices are $10 for adults and $9 for seniors/students with $1 coupons available throughout the area. Festival exhibitors receive 4 free admissions. No pets are permitted on festival grounds.
The Sedona Arts Festival takes Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13.
Rules for Submission
Please make sure that your artwork meets the following criteria. SAF’s Executive Director and Artist Selection Committee visit throughout the festival to ensure compliance. Artists will be asked to remove all work that is not compliant. A single application representing multiple bodies of work in the same material must proportionately reflect what the Artist intends to exhibit.
• Artwork must be original, designed and produced by, or under the direct supervision of you, the exhibiting artist.
• Images must accurately represent the artist’s work that will be exhibited.
• The work must be representative of the images selected through the jury process.
• Artists may only show work in categories and body of work selected by the jury.
• One image must be of the booth display, entries will not be considered without a booth image.
• In the case of reproduction work, you are expected to adhere to the 80% original, 20% reproduction on site rules and all reproduction work must clearly state that it is so. This does not apply to photography or bronze sculpture.
• No commercial reproductions or embellished commercial products are allowed. Work done by a production studio is not acceptable.
• No posters, postcards, note cards or promotion products.
• If you produce work in editions, you must disclose edition numbers.
• Images by artists who have been selected to exhibit will be used by the Sedona Arts Festival for purposes of marketing, publicity and on-site judging.
• Artists must be present with their work for the 2-day festival. If the work is collaborative, each artist must be present.
• Up to 126 artists will exhibit in the 2013 festival including the invited 2012 award winners.
• The jury is conducted by a panel of three art professionals, plus a judge specific to jewelry.
• Each juror is given guidelines for selection based on excellence in concept, quality, workmanship, and aesthetics.
• Individual jury members assign points from 1-5 for each five-image presents. Points are totaled and those artists with the highest total in each category are selected to exhibit.
• A wait list of juried artists will be maintained for each category.
• Notification of jury results will by sent via email through Zapp in June.
$450: Single Quad Booth Space (10x12)
$850: Double Quad Booth Space (20x12)
$390: Single Booth - Outer Row (10x12)*
*limited number available
$750: Double Booth - Outer Row (20x12) *
*limited number available
Booth Fee includes City of Sedona Event Business License
$75 Shared Single Booth
Each exhibitor receives a space located outdoors on the grass. Exhibitors may use their own tents and tables or rent equipment from the Sedona Arts Festival. Artists are required to provide their own display booth, racks and tables in order to display their work in an outdoor environment. Booth assignments are made based on exhibit flow and artist requirements. The use of a location is restricted to the artist to whom it is assigned.
Artists shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection and removal of their displays and materials. Tent weights are required; stakes may be used to secure tents. Insurance should be obtained by and paid for by the Artists at their own expense for proper coverage. Sedona Arts Festival assumes no risk.
• Complimentary continental breakfast and beverages
• Artist Support hospitality area
• Volunteer booth sitters
• 2 complimentary festival passes
• Laminated booth signs
• Exhibitor ID badges
The Best of Show winner receives a $250 award as well as acceptance to and a complimentary booth for the next year’s show. Individuals in each category receive a $100 award and are invited to participate in the next year’s show with their application fee waived.
Sales and Sales Tax
Artists retain 100 percent of all sales. All participating artists are required to collect and pay appropriate City of Sedona and Arizona state sales tad of all items sold. Tax forms and instructions will be provided to all participants.
Overnight security is provided and the festival site is locked so that vehicles cannot drive to the location where the booths are located. However, no responsibility is assumed for the exhibitors’ artwork while on the grounds of Sedona Red Rock High School.
June 7, 2013 – Application deadline
June 15, 2013 – Notification of jury results
August 1, 2013 – Participation fees due
August 15, 2013 – Deadline to withdraw with full refund, less a $50 administration fee. Refunds after the withdrawal deadline are at the sole discretion of the director.
October 11, 2013 – Registration and load-in begin at 9 am. Artists are required to choose a set up time and arrive at their assigned times. Field access for set up is from 9 am – 5 pm.
October 12 and 13, 2013
Sedona Arts Festival – 9 am - 4 pm
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT