BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Colorado Artfest at Castle Rock 2013
Show Dates: 9/7/13 - 9/8/13
Application Deadline: 5/17/13
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
24th Annual Colorado Artfest at Castle Rock
Saturday, September 7th and Sunday, September 8th, 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
You are invited to apply to exhibit your work at the 24th Annual Colorado Artfest at Castle Rock. Artfest is a two-day festival held outdoors which approximately 25,000 people attend. It is a blind juried exhibition of gallery quality fine arts and fine crafts. It is hosted by the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, a nonprofit business organization whose mission is “Support and promote member businesses, be a “voice” to government and foster a livable community with positive growth.” Proceeds from Artfest go to support the Chamber’s business programming year-round.
The Castle Rock Chamber will coordinate a marketing strategy that includes advertising on TV, radio and newspapers in the Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs markets. To support you in reaching your client base, we will provide juried artists with promotional postcards.
2013 Artfest Calendar:
May 10- Applications must be submitted online via Zapplication
May 20- Accepted artists posted on Zapplication
May 31- Deadline for artists to accept invitation and purchase booth
June 15- Cancellation Deadline (NO REFUNDS after this date)
Sept. 6- Set-up after 12:00pm
Sept. 7- Artfest 2013, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sept. 8- Artfest 2013, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable $35 jury fee payment.
• Four images are to be submitted with application.
• Three images must be of individual original pieces of work. The images should reflect the artwork that will be shown and sold at Artfest. Please remember the quality of your images is important and only one item should be shown in each image in order to show detail. Exhibitors are chosen by a jury committee. Submitting an application gives no assurance of selection by jury. Exhibitors will be chosen by the sole discretion of the jury- all jury decisions are final.
• Image #4 must be of a display of the artist's work, showing overall continuity and presentation of your current body of work or past booth setup. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is represented both in the first three images and also with the fourth image. The booth image should have no visible name, logo or insignia due to the blind jury process.
• Images must accurately represent the body of the work to be displayed.
• We strongly encourage artists to submit new images each year.
Acceptance of Offer to Exhibit:
An artist, who is selected by the jury and accepts our invitation to exhibit, must accept and pay booth fee by May 31, 2013. Failure to respond by the deadline may result in revocation of the invitation and immediate invitation of an alternate from the waiting list.
Cash awards totaling $700 will be presented to Best of Show, Best Fine Arts and Best Fine Crafts. Special recognition will be awarded to other outstanding artists.
Artists retain all revenue from the sale of their work.
Artists are requested to donate a piece of their art for the Artfest Silent Auction. Net proceeds are donated to the Castle Rock Community Art Fund to create outdoor public art for the residents of Castle Rock.
If we can send information about Artfest to an artist you know, please tell us.
The artist agrees to be personally present both days of the show if selected to participate.
Free parking is provided at the Douglas County Events Center. Free shuttle service will be provided to the artists from parking to the Artfest site. The site is also within walking distance from the Fairgrounds. Information will be included in the accepted artist’s information packet.
A list of lodging in Castle Rock, Colorado will be sent to you with your acceptance notification.
Ceramics, decorative: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed.
Ceramics, functional: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed each piece must be signed.
Computer generated/digital art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be in limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Traditional photographs taken through a digital media should apply in the photography category.
Drawing/Pastels: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
Fiber, Wearable: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leather work, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production are permitted. No factory produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist, may be exhibited.
Fiber, Woven/Non-Woven: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leather work, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production are permitted. No factory produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist, may be exhibited.
Glass: Only hand-crafted glass work will be accepted. No forms of mass production are permitted.
Graphics/printmaking: Original works made with pen, pencil, charcoal or traditional printmaking. Prints hand pulled by artists from traditional methods, including etching, engraving, silkscreen, stone and plate lithography, linoleum block or woodcut, produced in signed and numbered limited editions from an original image created by the artist.
Jewelry: All jewelry whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic, or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Metalworks: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metals. No production studio work is allowed.
Mixed media: This category includes works, both 2 and 3 dimensional, that incorporate more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist.
Painting, oil or acrylic: Works created in oils and acrylics are in this category. Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface, such as canvas, with oil and/or acrylic paint or sticks. Reproductions of all kinds are prohibited.
Painting, watercolor: Works created in watercolor are in this category. Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface with watercolors. Reproductions of all kinds are prohibited.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, which have been processed by that artist, or under his/her direct supervision, are included in this category. Photographs are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
All original artwork located within your booth must be hand produced by you, the artist. Reproductions must be hand produced or supervised by artist. Please contact the Colorado Artfest at Castle Rock at (303) 688-4597 with any questions or to clarify requirements. The Castle Rock Artfest reserves the right to ask artists to remove artwork that does not adhere to this policy. Reproductions of an artist's one-of-a-kind original artwork may be exhibited subject to the following conditions:
1. All reproductions must be signed and numbered.
2. All reproductions whether framed or unframed, must be clearly and individually labeled "REPRODUCTION" or "LIMITED EDITION REPRODUCTION." This notice must appear on the front of each item displayed.
3. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins. Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on the walls of the booth. However, one wall (at least 10 linear feet) MUST be hung with original work, NOT reproductions.
The Artfest standards committee will be visiting each booth and will strictly enforce this requirement. Original work needs to be in separate bin from limited edition reproduction work.
• Artists must be present with their work for the entire 2 days of the Festival. Representatives may not attend the event in place of the artist.
• Booth space may be shared if both parties are accepted and each has submitted all fees. Applications must be submitted individually.
• The Castle Rock Chamber reserves the right to remove from the show those items determined unsuitable for public display. This will be at the discretion of Artfest’s management team.
• Artfest 2013 Festival Hours:
Saturday, September 7, 2013 - 9:00am - 6:00pm and Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 10:00am - 4:00pm
• Booth set up:
Friday, September 6, 2013 after 12/noon and must be completed by 8pm. Booth assignments will not be given after 5pm on Friday. Booth set up will resume after 6:00am, Saturday, September 7, 2013. Booths should be ready for the festival no later than 8:30am. Security will be provided Friday and Saturday night.
• Exhibitors should bring someone with them if they feel they need assistance with set up – Artfest volunteers may not be available to help.
• Exhibitors agree to abide by Artfest parking regulations. After unloading, vehicles must be moved to the designated vendor lot. Exhibitors who do not abide by parking regulations will be asked to leave the show; booth fees will not be refunded.
10’x10’ spaces on pavement available. No electricity will be provided. All displays, props, fixtures, etc., must be furnished by exhibitor. Attractive white tent or awning – with weights – is required. There are occasional high winds in Colorado. Booths/tents must be sturdy and weighted. For those artists in need of a tent, awnings are available for rental at an additional cost. Booth assignments will be made in advance by Artfest Show Manager. Artists requesting corner locations, end locations, double booths, etc. will be assigned spaces on a first come, first served basis. Please submit special requests in writting to:email@example.com All exhibitors agree to be present for both days of the show. No commission is asked from the artist. Artwork displayed must be the original artwork of the exhibitor. No exceptions. The sale of books, cards, and other products, bearing the images of the artist’s work, must be signed by the artist and approved prior to set-up by the Show Manager. Artists are expected to be professional and are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages or drugs during festival hours. If any artist is reported to be inebriated, he/she will be asked to leave, no refunds will be given and no further invitations to exhibit will be extended. Remember, NO PETS ALLOWED.
Jury Fee ($35 each category)
One booth ($310)
Corner booth premium (Two open sides) ($90)
Shared booth ($175/each)
Double Booth ($590)
End Booth (End of a row, open on one side) ($70)
• Refund Policy: no refunds will be given after June 15.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT