Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival 2013
Show Dates: 10/5/13 - 10/6/13
Application Deadline: 7/31/13
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
MELBOURNE MAIN STREET FALL FESTIVAL EVENT INFORMATION
Melbourne Main Street with support from the City of Melbourne presents this juried art show celebration. The Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival venue includes live music, food, wine, beverages, vendors, and entertainment for families, young adults, professionals, and retirees. Historic Downtown Melbourne features quaint tree-lined streets and an assortment of unique retail shops, art galleries, antique stores, & fine restaurants. Downtown Melbourne has become the entertainment destination for Brevard County residents, bringing people from neighboring Indian River and Orange Counties. Attendance at the event is expected to exceed 35,000 this year!
EVENT RULES, ELIGIBILITY, AND EXHIBIT SPACE:
1. FINE ART PROMENADE JURIED ART SHOWSHOW: Artist creativity, innovation, artistic skill, vision and professionalism are key criteria in jury process. To be eligible for the juried art show all works must be original, created, and to be sold directly by the artist. Commercial items, "buy/sell" or work from kits are strictly prohibited.
2. ARTISANS ON THE AVENUE JURIED ART SHOWSHOW: Artist & Crafter creativity, innovation, artistic skill, and professionalism are also key criteria in jury process. To be eligible for this juried art show all works must be hand created or hand embellished, and are to be sold directly by the artisan. Select commercial items, or "buy/sell" that is decorative in nature MAY be considered if items are of artistic value, unique and artistically represented. Mobile Studios are welcomed in this portion of the festival!
3. CATEGORIES: Fine art categories often overlap. Jury committee reserves the right to change selected categories if it seems appropriate. Prizes are not awarded by category but by quality within the whole juried art show.
3. AWARDS & PATRON PROGRAM: There will be a minimum of $3,500 in prize monies awarded for the Fine Art Promenade show. Additionally, Festival Patrons will have vouchers good for purchases from the juried art show.
4. EXHIBIT SPACE: Each artist is expected to supply their own tent and display units, to fit into 10'x10' perimeter. Electricity is not provided. All booths are outdoors, subject to the vagaries of Florida weather. There are a limited number of double sized 10'x20' booths. Premium corner/ end-booths are available on a first-come, first served basis.
5. BOOTH FEES: $215 (includes sales tax) for 10x10' Booth or $265 (includes sales tax) for 10x10' Premium Booth (End or Corner Booths). Booth fees are non-refundable.
6. DISPLAY GUIDELINES: Work displayed at the show must be consistent with images submitted in application. Original artwork must be the focal point of the exhibit booth, although sales of reproductions are permitted. Keep in mind only original art pieces will be eligible for prize money. The event committee has the right to remove exhibitors that do not meet these guidelines, with no refund on exhibit fee.
7. EVENT SHOW TIMES: The Artist or Crafter must be present (excepting reasonable breaks) and keep the booth open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday and 10:00-5:00pm Sunday. Exhibitors can check in and set-up on Friday evening or Saturday morning. Festival will provide booth sitters with notice.
8. SALES GUIDELINES: Exhibitors are responsible for processing payments on their sales and for collecting Florida Sales Tax (6%) and submitting to the State of Florida Dept. of Revenue. Tax must also be paid on space rental. No one is exempt. Artists are responsible for reporting their income to the IRS.
9. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: Deadline for application is July 31, 2013.
ONLINE: Artist $32 application fee will be accepted through http://www.zapplication.org
Please include four images of artwork and one booth/display stand shot. The festival prefers applications for both the Fine Art Promenade and the Artisans on the Avenue be submitted through Zapplication.
BY MAIL: Artists may also submit a completed print application along with a non-refundable $32 application fee payable to LoPressionism Inc., a CD with 4 art images and one booth / display, a stamped, self-addressed envelope for jurying notification - mail to LoPressionism Inc, 1002 E. New Haven Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901. Please do not submit booth fees with applications as all fees are non-refundable. Download application on website www.MelbourneFallFest.org , or email MMSPodSquad@gmail.com NO SLIDES ACCEPTED!
10. ACCEPTANCE: Acceptance notification will be sent by August 15th. Artists will be required to submit a booth fee of $215 for middle booths or $265 for premium corner/end booths. We will make every attempt to honor booth requests, but do not guarantee first choice. Information about booth location, accommodations, set up, etc. will be sent to accepted artists. An alternates list will be maintained in the event that additional space becomes available.
Feel free to call 321-541-0192 or email MMSPodSquad@gmail.com with any questions.