BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Coconut Point Art Fair - 8th Annual (Estero, FL) February 2014
Show Dates: 2/8/14 - 2/9/14
Application Deadline: 2/5/14
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Howard Alan Events produces multiple shows therefore we have an ongoing jury process that meets twice monthly and juries by category. SHOW DIRECTORS SUGGESTION: We recommend that you apply EARLY as the show and/or most categories will fill quickly. Due to deadline being so close to show date, show will most likely be closed prior to deadline. PLEASE NOTE we keep a WAIT LIST on a category basis. Show is currently closed. Applications will be accepted for Wait List Only.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
This February event is ranked as one of the top fine art festivals in the country by Sunshine Artist Magazine. Coconut Point borders Estero and Bonita Springs, which are located between Naples & Fort Myers. The population exceeds 290,000 people and the average household income is over 91,000 a year.
As always, there will be no gate or entry fee for our patrons.
Venue: Streets of Coconut Point
Public Admission: Free, no gate
Parking: Available for RVs and standard size vehicles
Spaces: 10x10 booth space, double space available upon request (double fee)
Show Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
Set-Up: Begins Friday at 10 am and continues on Saturday morning at 6am
Security: Overnight and Daytime Security will be onsite
BENEFITS: The Rotary Club of Estero
PROMOTION – Howard Alan Events has a reputation of bringing out the high end buying crowd to each of its events. For the Coconut Point Art Festival we will be working with the News Press, Naples Daily News, WOLZ FM, WZJZ FM, and Comcast Cable.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Jury Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
• mixed media
Howard Alan Events will allow a limited quantity of offset prints, giclees, and reproduced work and must be clearly labeled as such.
This competitive show is limited to approximately 150 exhibitors chosen by a jury of highly qualified, talented, experienced, 2D and 3D fine artists and craftspeople. All participants in the show will be chosen by this jury, which meets twice a month. The Zapp site will be updated as categories or show closes and WAIT LIST applications will then be accepted. Artists who will be called from the wait list will be chosen by category as cancellations are received and notified and they can at that time accept our decline our invitation to exhibit.
All work must be of original design and produced by the artist or a two-person collaboration. The work exhibited and booth must match the quality and style of work as represented in the submitted digital images. All exhibitors participating in the show must provide a valid state Sales Tax number at the time of booth acceptance.
WE ARE VERY ARTIST FRIENDLY. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US DIRECTLY FOR QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Log on to our website at www.artfestival, email us at email@example.com, or call us at (561) 746-6615
The artist/craftsperson whose work has been accepted MUST BE present for the duration of the show to meet our patrons. Both collaborating partners, if listed on this application, must be in attendance. Picture identification will be required.
The show is open rain or shine. Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather.
Booth spaces are approximately 10' wide by 10' deep. Double booths are also available on a limited basis. Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All exhibitor tents must be white in color. Racks must be covered. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery. No tables please. Please visit our website at www.artfestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. Handwritten signs and sale signs are prohibited.
Single Booth (10' x 10') - $395
Double Booth (limited) - $790
There are no refunds for canceled shows. A credit will be issued to your account (which can be transferred to another Howard Alan Event you are accepted to if you notify the office within 60 DAYS or more before the show date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is canceled with less than 60 days prior to the show. If an event is canceled with less than 60 days and you owe the show balance, you will not be able to exhibit in a future Howard Alan Event show until the show balance has been paid. ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING EITHER BY MAIL, FAX OR EMAIL.
Applicants must submit four color digital images, via the ZAPP application. Three images must show individual pieces representative of current work. The fourth image must be of the display that will be used
at the show with the full range of work displayed.
Application Deadline: ONGOING JURY *READ ABOVE PLEASE*
Acceptance Notification will be emailed approximately 2 to 4 weeks after Zapp online application completed.
Booth Fees Due: Deposit of $50.00 will be due immediately upon acceptance. Show fee balance is due no later than 30 days prior to the event.
Booth Location Notification: Will be available on our website at www.artfestival.com the Thursday prior to the event * Please note that complete show information will be posted at that time. You should read this very carefully as last minute logistical information or changes will be posted.
Show Set-up: Friday Morning at 10 AM
Show Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
ABOUT US: For over 25 years, Howard Alan Events has been America’s leading producer of juried street art festivals. We produce shows in the states of Florida, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Virginia, Ohio, Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania.
Combine some of the best downtown streets in the US, develop a great marketing plan, include a high caliber of artists, and you have another fine Howard Alan Event.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND POLICIES:
1) All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass produced items will not be tolerated. This rule is strictly enforced.
2) All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to your acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process that appears in your both at an event will be removed.
3) All applications require 3 photos or slides of your work plus 1 photo or slide of your outdoor display. We will not process your application without a photo/slide of your outdoor display with the white 10x10 tent include in the image. INDOOR displays WILL NOT be accepted.
◊ We do NOT keep slides or photos on file. You MUST resubmit slides/photos with EACH application
4) Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All tents MUST be white and all racks MUST be covered. Handwritten signs and sale signs are strictly prohibited. Ribbons won from other shows may NOT be displayed. Please visit our website, www.ArtFestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. The goal is to make your tent look like a “Mini” art gallery.
◊ Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down. If your space is not clean after an event this could result in expulsion from future shows.
5) The $25 Application fee (APF) must be paid at the time of applying.
6) For most shows a fifty ($50) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is thirty (30) days away or more. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must then be paid for NO LATER than thirty (30) days before the event or a fifty dollar ($50) late fee will be applied to the balance and MUST be included in with the balance. If applying to a show close to the thirty (30) day cut-off date, it would be beneficial to include the full booth fee with the application. If you are applying for a show close or past the thirty (30) day cut-off date, please include the $50 late fee with the show fee.
7) Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your application once received in our office. You will not be charged a late fee if we received your application way in advance of a show but you are not informed of your acceptance after cut-off date.
8) CANCELLATIONS – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED SHOWS! However, a credit will be issued to your account if you notify the office with 60 days or more before the event date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is cancelled with less than 60 days prior to the show. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule! If an event is cancelled with less than 60 days and you owe the show balance, you will not be able to exhibit in a future event until the show balance has been paid.
◊ All cancellations MUST be in writing, either by mail, fax or email.
9) The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth at all times. NO subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed.
♦ An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the show. IF you are not present of any part of the show, this could result in expulsion from future events.
10) Bank Fees – A $25 bank fee will be charged on all return checks. The check amount plus the $25 fee is payable with a money order, cashier’s check or cash. The fee may be higher with international checks.
11) Exhibitors will receive an ample amount of booth space, which varies depending on the venue. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
12) The exhibitor’s space shall be occupied by 7:45 am the morning of the show or you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be given away with no possible refund or credit. Vehicles MUST be removed from the show area by 8:30am unless otherwise specified.
13) Management reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations. Please read the general release on front of application before signing!
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT