BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
SunFest Juried Fine Art & Craft Show 2014
Show Dates: 5/2/14 - 5/4/14
Application Deadline: 2/21/14
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Founded in 1982, SunFest, Florida’s largest waterfront music and art festival invites you to apply to be an exhibitor. Held annually in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida the first weekend in May, SunFest attracts more than 165,000 guests. The festival and the patrons that it attracts have a very positive impact on the community.
Friday, February 21, 2014
Deadline for all Applications
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Artists notified by E-mail of Selection and Reserve List
Friday March 14, 2014
Deadline for Acceptance of SunFest Invitation and Payment of $325 Booth Fee. Checks payable to SunFest.
Monday March 31, 2014
Last day to cancel and receive a refund of 80% of the booth fee. After this date, no refunds will be processed
Each exhibiting artist must complete an online application with only one artist per entry. Artists may apply for more than one category, but a separate online application must be filled out for each category. Each application must include a jury fee and its own set of images.
An artist may be accepted in more than one category. Multiple online applications must represent either work in different media categories or distinctly different work within the media category.
Submit four images, three of individual pieces of work and one of your booth display. The images must be an accurate representation of the work to be exhibited and reflect current creations. Image quality is very important. Do not include your name or company name on any image.
If you received an award in 2013 and are entering under the same category, you will be automatically accepted into the show. Please note on the application that you are a 2013 Award Winner.
Reserve List Artists
Images of the artists on the reserve list will be retained until after the festival.
Artists who are accepted will be E-mailed all registration materials, maps and related information.
SunFest of Palm Beach County, Inc. maintains the rights to use submitted images for publicity and affirmation purposes before, during and after the event.
1. A viewing committee will be appointed to review exhibits. The committee reserves the right to reject any goods or displays deemed unacceptable during the event or not representative of slides submitted.
2. Pornography is prohibited.
3. At times, evening load out may be held past published closing hours to allow for safe crowd management.
4. SunFest is an environmentally-conscious event and asks that all exhibitors share this attitude. Use of environmentally friendly lighting and packing supplies is encouraged.
5. Failure to comply with rules and/or displays of inappropriate behavior will result in expulsion from the show and ineligibility for awards or admission to future SunFest shows. Any artist expelled from the show shall have no right to seek recovery of lost profits or other damages from SunFest.
6. The name SunFest is nationally registered and may not be used on any item.
7. No animals are permitted at SunFest, other than service animals.
8. All art displayed must be signed and the original design and work of the artist. Ceramics must be original and not made from commercial molds. No kits or work assembled from prefab components are allowed.
9. All two-dimensional work must be matted or framed.
10. Fine art reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, signed and numbered on the front of each piece.
11. Reproductions may be displayed in one browse bin and must be clearly marked as a “reproduction” or “limited edition reproduction” on the front of each piece.
12. Artists are responsible for providing their own booths. Spaces are approximately 10’x10’. No double spaces are available. Hook ups for electricity will be every 50 feet. Artists must provide their own lights and heavy-duty extension cords. Electricity is for lighting purposed only; no more than 400 watts total per booth is allowed.
13. Artists must personally exhibit and be present during the entire show and may not be represented by other individuals.
14. Artists who received a SunFest award in 2013 need to apply and submit images. These artists are automatically accepted upon receipt of the COMPLETED application, fees and slides by the application deadline.
15. Only one vehicle per artist is allowed on site during load-in.
16. The sale of T-shirts or hats is NOT permitted.
Prize Money & Awards
Overall Best of Show $2,000
Best of Show 2-D $1,500
Best of Show 3-D $1,500
Awards of Distinction (6) $750
Awards of Merit (6) $500
SunFest Purchase Award $1,000
Drawings, Graphics or Printmaking
Fine Art Sculpture
Mixed Media (2D & 3D)
Jury Fee: $30
Booth Fee: $325
Corner Booth Request: $100
Each online application must be accompanied by a $30 credit card or check payment for the jury fee. Check payments must be made payable to SunFest. This is a non-refundable jury fee. Jury fee paid by check is to be sent via US mail upon completion of the online application. Applications will not be processed until jury fee is received. The jury fee will be deposited upon receipt. DO NOT send booth fees until you have been notified of your selection. We will return any booth fees we receive before acceptance. A $325 booth fee will be required if you are accepted and should be sent with your agreement to exhibit. Do Not Send Booth Fees in advance.
Hours of Operation
Friday May 2, 2014 5pm-10pm
Saturday May 3, 2014 Noon-10pm
Sunday May 4, 2014 Noon- 9pm
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT