BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Sarasota Fine Art Festival Spring | March 2014
Show Dates: 3/15/14 - 3/16/14
Application Deadline: 3/4/14
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Jurying is conducted by a panel of experienced art industry professionals. This is a “blind” jury process meaning jurors select artists based solely on the images presented to them without knowledge of the artist name, artist location, or reference to additional information such as websites. Juror scoring is based 70% upon the quality of work portrayed in the artwork images and 30% based on your booth image. If you do not submit a booth image jurors are instructed to deduct 3 points off your score. NOTE: Your booth image should not have the artist visible nor any signage with either the artist or business name visible. It must also represent the setup we and the patrons will actually see at the event. The images of each artist are viewed simultaneously in a horizontal format, including the booth image.
Online applications are now available on www.zapplication.org
January 9, 2014: DEADLINE to apply
January 10, 2014: Jury starts
January 11, 2014: Jury ends
January 12, 2014: NOTIFICATION of jury results
February 12, 2014: CONTRACTS AND BOOTH FEE PAYMENTS DUE ... NOTE: All booth fee payments are made directly to PARAGON - booth fee payments cannot be made through THE ZAPPLICATION WEBSITE. If you foresee difficultly paying the full booth fee by the deadline, please contact our office prior to that deadline date and we will discuss payment options.
March 15, 2014: SHOW HOURS: 10 am to 5 pm
March 16, 2014: SHOW HOURS: 11 am to 5 pm
• Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
• Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image or the manipulation of a source material is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
• Drawing: Works created using such dry media as chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils and wax crayon or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
• Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
• Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
• Graphic & Printmaking: Print works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Offset reproductions are not allowed. Print makers are required to disclose both their creative and print making process.
• Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed.
• Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
• Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category. If you have questions or need clarification, call and talk with us.
• Painting: Works created using such materials as oils, acrylics and watercolor, are in this category. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited editions.
• Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital.
• Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium (e.g., bronze, stone, acrylic).
• Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
8258 Midnight Pass Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34242
SALES TAX: Sales tax in Sarasota is currently 7.00%. A video is available online from the Florida DOR on how to complete Sales & Use Tax Returns at: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/training/dr15_new/safari3/index.html?dhtmlActivation=inplace
APPLICATION FEE: $30.00
NOTE: If you apply to a minimum of 5 shows, your jury fee is $12 per event; however, you must contact the office to obtain the appropriate discount code BEFORE you apply to the events. The discounts cannot be applied after the applications are completed.
BOOTH FEE: Single: $395.00
NOTE: ALL booth payments are made directly to Paragon, NOT through ZAPP .If you foresee difficulty paying the booth fee by this date, please call our office and we will discuss payment options.
DISPLAY SPACE: Upon acceptance, artists desiring corner or double spaces or that require electrical connection must specify and pay any applicable fees at the time payment is submitted. Specific space requests will be assigned based on the date payment is received. We will attempt to accommodate all reasonable requests.
DISPLAY SURFACE: Pavement/brick: ABSOLUTELY no drilling into or anchoring to the pavement is allowed; tents must be anchored by free-standing weights. No tying off to benches, post, meters, trash cans, or any other city structure. Free-standing weights ONLY.
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT