Deerfield Festival of Fine Arts 2014
Show Dates: 5/31/14 - 6/1/14
Application Deadline: 4/20/14
1 day(s) and 21 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Complete the on line application ( Zapp), submit images and submit your $35.00 application fee. You may also download a paper application from our website, www.dwevents.org
Mail paper applications with checks to:
D & W Events, Inc.
Long Grove, IL 60047
If you wish to apply in two different media, please submit two application fees.
March 19, 2014
March 20, 2014
LATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
April 10, 2014
Note: A 2nd jury will convene on April 12th with artist notification on April 13th.
NOTE: Due to the late jury, no refund will be given on booth fees.
$35 each media
If you wish to apply in two media, please submit 2 applications and 2 jury fees.
Standard 10x10 booth - $300.00
Corner booth - $375.00
Double booth - $600.00
Double corner booth - $675.00
ELIGIBILITY AND ACCEPTED MEDIUMS
Participation is open to all fine art and fine craft. The following mediums will be included in each show:
- Jewelry - Beaded
- Jewelry - Glass
- Jewelry - Semi-Precious/Precious
- Mixed Media
We are proud to offer the following artist amenities at all of our festivals:
- Professionally judged events with cash and ribbon awards
- Free day and overnight parking
- Continental breakfast both days of the show
- Flexible booth payment schedule
- Day and overnight dedicated security patrol
- Indoor restroom facilities
- Booth sitters
- Name badges, booth signs
- Discounted hotel rooms
- Festival brochure
- There will be dedicated, on-site security Friday and Saturday nights. We recommend you remove all artwork overnight. All valuables, including displays and tents are left at the artists' own risk.
- D & W Events advertising Our marketing campaign includes press releases newspapers, print ads, eblasts, social media, banners, signs and whenver possible radio and tv.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND REQUESTS
- Awards are offered at all events. Award winners are posted at the festival and on our website.
- Best of Show award winner receives cash, ribbon, free jury and booth fee to next years' show and show invitation for next year
- First Place award winner receives cash, ribbon, and free jury fee to next years' show and show invitation for next year
- Awards of Excellence winners receive a ribbon
- Jury fees are not refundable.
- All refund requests must be in writing or email (email@example.com)
- Mail to:
D & W Events, Inc.
Long Grove, IL 60047
- APRIL 15 IS THE LAST DAY to notify for full refund less $50 administration fee.
- APRIL 20 IS THE LAST DAY to notify for 50% refund less $50 administration fee.
JURY & JUDGING
- All festivals are juried by a panel of professionals and/or educators in the art world.
- Artists are judged, the first day of each show, by a different group of professionals and/or educators in the art world.
- Votes are tallied and cash awards and ribbons (if applicable) are presented that afternoon.
Acceptance/non acceptance notification will be sent via email. Please make sure the email associated with your ZAPP account is current as that is the email used.
If you have not received notification by March 25th, please contact us immediately.
- Artists on the wait list are welcome to show up the morning of a festival during set-up and register to see if any “no show” spaces become available. Final determination to add artists is at the sole discretion of D & W Events, Inc.
ARTIST DISPLAY RULES
- All work must be the artists' original handmade work. Production, mass produced, kits, molds, stencils etc. are not permitted. Artists may not sell promotional items such as t-shirts. If you wish to sell note cards or postcards, make sure your booth slide shows them. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules or differs from the slides submitted, will be asked to remove said items or leave. No refunds will be given.
- Artists must be present both days, all hours, of the festival. No representatives allowed.
- Late setups and early shut downs are not allowed.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own white tents, displays, setup and weights. Each tent pole should have 40 lbs of weight. If it is deemed that your weights are insufficient, you will be asked to correct the situation. If that is not possible, you will be asked to leave the show with no refund. Milk jugs with sand or water, small bricks or other such items are not considered acceptable weights. In addition to function, please consider how your weights look.
- Staking is allowed at Riverside. Deerfield and ARTumn tents must be weighted.
- Tents are available for a fee, upon request.
- Standard display space is 10’ x 10’. All spaces are assigned. We will attempt to honor requests.
- Artists are not allowed to sell other artists' work, no resale allowed.
- Artists must be present all hours, both days, of the festival. No representatives are allowed.
- All table legs must be covered with table cloths, to the floor.
- Storage items may be stored behind tents or under tables. If stored under tables, items should not be visible. If behind tents, stack items so they are neat and tidy.
- Awnings and tent extensions are allowed but must be a minimum of 7' high.
- Reproductions are allowed but only on one tent wall and must be labeled as such.
- One bin of reproductions is allowed and must be appropriately labeled.
- Your booth is your gallery! Unprofessional/amateurish displays are not allowed. If your work should be framed, frame it! Cardboard corners are not allowed. Artist will be asked to correct any unsatisfactory or unstable displays. If no remedy occurs, artist will be asked to leave the festival, immediately, with no refund.
- Only artists juried in jewelry may have jewelry in their booths.
- Umbrellas are allowed in artist chairs. Fasten them securely.
D & W Events will advertise each festival with print ads, public service announcements, social media, banners, signs, and when possible, radio and tv.
Artists can advertise their participation in the festival by downloading the postcard and/or poster from our website and emailing or mailing to their personal lists, posting on their facebook page, twitter etc.
We would like to include your website in our festival brochure. If you wish to take advantage of this additional marketing opportunity, please include your website address when submitting your application.
Illinois state law requires all adults follow proper tax filing procedures. Illinois tax forms will be available on our website. If you ahve an Illinois tax number from a previous year or if you already file in Illinois, you do not need a new number. The state has a record of your festival participation so make sure you file!
Sales tax varies from city to city. We will inform artists of the rate prior to the festival.
Each festival's tax form is different. Please direct any and all questions regarding taxes to the Illinois Department of Revenue (800) 732-8866.
Your submission of this application indicates your agreement and acceptance of our liability terms listed in the legal agreement herein.