Lido Beach Winter Fine Art Festival | February 2017
400 Benjamin Franklin Dr.
Sarasota, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 2/4/17 - 2/5/17
Application Deadline: 1/30/17 Midnight EST
7 day(s) and 0 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
Join us as we continue growing the new art traditions of Sarasota: the premiere of the Lido Beach Winter Fine Art Festival on February 4-5, 2017. The festival is held at Lido Beach on Lido Key, part of the greater Sarasota community. The show is located on pavement on ocean side of the highway. The spring show in 2016 showed that qualified buyers were and will be a significant part of the art landscape at the Lido Beach festivals. Price points were not an issue with artists making sales at all price points.
Remember, Paragon events are always about: Original - Quality - Boutique !
Jurying is conducted in-house by Paragon staff. This is a “blind” jury process which means artist scoring is based solely on the images presented without consideration of the artist name, artist location, or reference to additional information such as websites. Juror decisions are based 70% upon the quality of work portrayed in the images submitted for the jury process, and 30% based on your booth presentation. If you do not submit a booth image you will automatically lose 3 points off your final score. Your booth image should not have the artist or any signage with the artist name or business name visible and should represent the setup we will actually see at the event. Images are viewed simultaneously in a horizontal format, grouped by media.
2016 - 2017 CALENDAR:
December 22, 2016: Application deadline!!! All applications, jury fees and images must be submitted.
December 23, 2016: Jury starts
December 23, 2016: Jury ends
December 23, 2016: NOTIFICATION of jury results
January 4, 2017: CONTRACTS AND BOOTH FEE PAYMENTS DUE ... NOTE: ALL BOOTH PAYMENTS ARE MADE DIRECTLY TO PARAGON - NO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE ZAPPLICATION WEBSITE If you foresee difficultly paying the full booth fee by the deadline, please contact our office prior to that deadline date and we will discuss payment options.
February 3, 2017: Check-in and setup starts at noon (12 pm) to 7 pm
February 4, 2017: 7 am - 9 am check-in. SHOW HOURS: 10 am - 5 pm
February 5, 2017: SHOW HOURS: 11 am - 5 pm
- Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
- Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of a source material, that is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Traditional photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
- Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
- Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
- Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
- Graphics & Printmaking: Print works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. All photocopy, and/or offset reproductions will be rejected. Print makers are required to disclose both their creative and print making process.
- Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed.
- Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
- Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material in the production of the artwork. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category. If you have questions or need clarification, call and talk with us.
- Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc. are in this category. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited in the edition.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital. Each image must be signed and numbered with editions being inclusive of all sizes and not to exceed 250 prints in the edition.
- Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
- Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
• Night security
• Booth sitters
• Easy load-in and load-out
• Location: Lido Beach on Lido Key, Sarasota, FL
- Check-in and setup: check-in is Friday February 3, 2017 from noon (12:00 pm) to 7 pm; setup can begin as soon as the artist has checked in and can continue into the evening hours
- Dates: February 4-5, 2016
- Show Hours: Saturday 10-5, Sunday 11-5
1625 Keely Ln
Sarasota, FL 34232
Office: (941) 487-8061
FAX: (941) 346-0302
- IMAGE USEAGE:
Accepted artists agree that Spada Graphix LLC (DBA: Paragon Art Festivals) may use images of their for promotional, website or publicity purposes.
- STANDARDS and RULES:
- 1) All work must be original handcrafted work. Each artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
2) Work done by a production studio is not allowed.
- 3) All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- 4) No more than 2 artists may collaborate on work. Both must be included on and sign the application. Both must be present at the festival for the duration of the event.
- 5) Artists must be present with the work for the entire duration of the art festival. Representatives, including spouses and family members, may not attend in lieu of the artists. They may be present and assist, but the artist MUST be present at all times throughout the event.
- 6) Every Paragon event requires a photo identification (in English) at check-in to ensure compliance. This will typically be a driver’s license.
- 7) Artists may only show work in categories and bodies of work selected by the jury.
- 8) All work exhibited must be of the quality, category, and body of work that were shown in the images used in the jury process.
- No t-shirts or commercially manufactured items
- No item that employs the use of commercially available molds
- No velvet paintings, decoupage, or plants.
- Traditional crafts such as soaps, wax media (e.g., candles), scented oils, and homemade food items are not items juried into our events.
Call us if you need clarification on any rules before applying. The Festival Standards & Rules Committee reserves the right to exclude work that does not conform to show standards.
- Cancellations must be in writing, submitted to our office by fax, e-mail or you must mail us the cancellation document.
- You may apprise us by phone of your inability to attend; however, you must still submit your cancellation in writing to receive a refund
- If cancellations are received from 11 or more days prior to the event, you will received a refund as follows
- 50% refund by check, OR
- 100% credit towards another Paragon event of your choosing; however, you must apply to and be juried into that event.
- There is no time limit on the 100% credit
- Cancellations made within 10 days of the event will not receive either a refund or credit except for cases of extreme hardship.
Sales tax in Sarasota is currently 7.00%. A video is available online from the Florida DOR on how to complete Sales & Use Tax Returns at: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/training/dr15_new/safari3/index.html?dhtmlActivation=inplace
APPLICATION FEE: $30.00
NOTE: If you apply to a minimum of 5 shows, your jury fee is $12 per event; however, you must contact the office to obtain the appropriate discount code BEFORE you apply to the events. The discounts cannot be applied after the applications are completed.
BOOTH FEE: Single: $395.00 DOUBLE BOOTH FEE: $790.00 CORNER FEE: $100.00
NOTE: ALL booth payments are made directly to Paragon, NOT through ZAPP .If you foresee difficulty paying the booth fee by this date, please call our office and we will discuss payment options.
DISPLAY SPACE: Upon acceptance, artists desiring corner or double spaces or that require electrical connection must specify and pay any applicable fees at the time payment is submitted. Specific space requests will be assigned based on the date payment is received. We will attempt to accommodate all reasonable requests.
DISPLAY SURFACE: Pavement/brick: ABSOLUTELY no drilling into or anchoring to the pavement is allowed; tents must be anchored by free-standing weights. No tying off to benches, post, meters, trash cans, or any other city structure. Free-standing weights ONLY.