BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Boca Raton Fine Art Show - Jan 28 & 29, 2017 (Hot Works, Patty Narozny) 8th Annual
Downtown Boca Raton, Premium Location on Federal Hwy, between Palmetto Park Rd & NE 2nd St. & in Sanborn Square Park
Boca Raton, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 1/28/17 - 1/29/17
Application Deadline: 12/10/16 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee (late application)): $50.00
Hot Works’ 8th annual Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ January 28 & 29, 2017 is held outdoors in downtown Boca Raton, in a premium location on Federal Hwy. (US-1) at Palmetto Park Rd and in Sanborn Square Park. The location has an effect on the type of patrons it draws, who trend toward affluence with "money to spend".
The Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ is voted top 100 art fairs in the nation – a testament to our efforts and successes. Show Producer Patty Narozny brings 30+ years of event and media experience, and a national reputation for her integrity and for producing extremely high quality art fairs. All work is original and personally handmade by the artist in the show – if you do not make your work, please do not apply. Hot Works™ shows are juried by art professionals with 120+ years’ combined art education and/or art fair experience.
Narozny works with the local media to bring a high-end buying audience, people with money to spend. “Hot Works is both organized and they really bring great quality buyers–this show is a must-attend.”
Our #1 goal at Hot Works™ is to make the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ a pleasant & profitable experience for all of our stakeholders in this endeavor – the artists, patrons, residents, sponsors, local merchants and the City – all the while aiming to be an enjoyable family-friendly event and destination for which we can all take great pride.
Hot Works™. Your Art. Our Passion.
8th annual Hot Works’ Boca Raton Fine Art Show™
January 28 & 29, 2017
Downtown Boca Raton
On Federal Highway at Palmetto Park Road, and in Sanborn Square Park
Application Deadline is September 23, 2016; notifications by September 29, 2016
10’ x 10’ = $425
10’ x 15’ = $625
10’ x 20’ = $800
Corner: Add $75
Boca Raton, Florida is centrally located along south Florida's east coast, equidistant between West Palm Beach to the north and Fort Lauderdale to the south. The City of Boca Raton provides a unique blend of affluent urban and suburban lifestyles, covering over 29 square miles and enjoying five miles of oceanfront. The Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ is held in the heart of downtown Boca, on Federal Highway (U.S. 1) at Palmetto Park Road, and in Sanborn Square Park.
City of Boca Raton is ranked one of the best cities in Florida and in the nation. Niche.com ranks communities based on livability using grades for weather, safety, schools, and access to activities, jobs, housing and transportation. Niche determined that Boca Raton offers a high quality of life to its residents, and as a result, its 2015 Best Towns Rankings lists Boca Raton as the second highest rated town in Florida, and one of the top 100 towns in the nation. The patrons who attend this event have an understanding of art and are quality art buyers. They are all your potential customers.
Hot Works’ Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ is voted one of the top 100 art shows in the country – a testament to our efforts and success. The event is juried by art professionals with 120+ years’ combined art education and/or art fair experience. This is a high quality fine art and fine craft show where all work is original and personally handmade by the artist in the show. Please do not apply if you do not make your work. The art show is limited to 175 artists - all professionals who depend on the sale of his/her art for a living. A significant percentage of our artists are from out of the area – many from out of state -- and therefore display and sell art that would otherwise not be seen or made available for sale in Boca Raton.
The Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ is produced by Hot Works™, the same company that produces the award-winning Orchard Lake Fine Art Show® in West Bloomfield, Michigan, voted in the top 100 art shows in the country the last nine years in a row; and the Estero Fine Art Show™ at Miromar Design Center (near Naples/Fort Myers) – also a top 100 show. Show Producer & Director is Patty Narozny, with 30+ years of media and event experience.
Hot Works™: Your Art. Our Passion.
Our passion is to inspire serious art shoppers to purchase your art. We emphasize quality of work, not quantity of artists. All work is original and personally handmade by the artist in the booth. We support the unique relationship between artist and patron by not permitting music and food in the booth area.
Hot Works™’ principal partner, Patty Narozny has 30+ years of event and media experience. Her longevity in the event industry, combined with her expertise, credibility, durability, integrity and stability makes Hot Works™ events not only profitable, but also gratifying for all.
Every effort is made to keep buy/sell out of the show. As this is an ongoing problem with our juried art shows, we encourage artists to inform Patty of any buy/sell/import that may end up in a Hot Works™ event; your name will be held confidential.
Institute for the Arts & Education is the 501c3 non-profit arm of all Hot Works™ events. IA&E’s focus is visual arts, diversity, community enrichment, and fostering art education among young artists and/or up-and-coming artists.
Why do a Hot Works™ show?
• 30+ years of event production and media experience
• A promoter who cares about and supports the artists
• The focus is on visual arts which are juried by art professionals
• Every effort to eliminate buy/sell/import
• Each event tailored to its community and setting
• Friday move-in beginning at 4pm (unless you are in the park, you have all day Friday for move-in)
• Great event hours: Saturday & Sunday 10-5
• Enormous advertising campaign – TV, Radio, Print, Social Media, Posters, Banners, Post Cards, etc.
• Several shows to choose from throughout the year – all from dealing with one organization
• Professionally managed
• Friendly and experienced professional event crew
• Booth sitters available
• Artist awards in every event
• Overnight security provided by Boca Police officers
• Plenty of parking
• Overnight parking available for RV’s
• And much more . . .
Sabra Richards, Sculpture, Worton, MD
“What makes a good show? Sales certainly count. Patty is a media expert and uses all her knowledge to get great publicity and bring in the crowds. She wants a good show and is willing to provide every advantage she can, prior day set up, aggressive policing of buy-sell, fair jurying and numerous awards that help sales. I want to do her shows because she is on my side.”
Mike and Michelle Guyot, Drawing, Strongsville, OH
“Just a quick thank you for a wonderful festival under extreme conditions. We had a great show. Sold the most original paintings ever at one show in 7 years. All your people were great also. And breakfast was perfect. A nice hot meal was needed.”
Armando Pedroso, Mixed Media, Chicago, IL
“Thank you for a wonderful show, breakfast and all you do, it is appreciated and well done. Thanks too for the award and your support of my art, it means a lot.”
With 30+ years of media & event experience, we know how to reach out to the community, and to reach the people with the means and cultural interest to purchase fine art. For all Hot Works™ events, advertising and promotion includes broadcast television, print, radio and social media partnerships. In addition, there are street banners, posters, and post cards distributed within the communities.
The Jury / Submitting Art Work
After jurying has been completed, we will send you notification of your acceptance, rejection or wait list status. Upon acceptance, your booth fee check will be due. Artist packages are mailed 30-60 days prior to the show. Artists will be assigned a designated booth space, which is available on the website with booth number to be viewed about one week prior to the show. Artists chosen as alternates will be put on a waiting list. The decision of the judges is final. We invite you to check in with us at any time with any questions, for any reason.
All award winners, regardless of award level, receive one of our eye-catching, gorgeous two-foot-long ribbons that draw people into the booth. Awards are given at judges’ discretion based on same rules for jurying. The winning artists are automatically invited to participate in the following year’s event and the jury fee is waived.
Hot Works™ other events include:
New! Asheville Fine Art Show™, May 20 & 21, 2017
15th annual Orchard Lake Fine Art Show®, July 29 & 30, 2017
Main Michigan Office:
FL Satellite Office:
• Artists must be present during the entire event and must personally staff his/her booth. A government issued picture ID must be available at check-in, upon request.
• Collaborative work is when two or more artists work together, and should be submitted as a joint application. If accepted, collaborating artists may only exhibit work that is truly collaborative and in which all or both artists must contribute a substantial portion of the final art work. Supportive and ancillary activities (such as matting and framing) are not considered part of a collaborative effort.
• Work must match the proportions depicted in submitted images.
• For fiber/bead artists: if the beading is sophisticated sewing and art in itself, it will be considered for acceptance into Hot Works™ events; otherwise Hot Works™ frowns against “beaders” that merely string their work, which refers to buying the beads and sewing it on a string. Hot Works™ will individually consider such applications, but our decision is final.
• Displays must remain within assigned space. No infringement into public areas, and into the spaces of other artists. There can be no booth appendages in any direction, including upward. The only exception is an awning, and only if it does not interfere with an emergency vehicle that may have to drive down an aisle. You are liable for any damage caused as a result of your protruding piece either from the ground or from the top of your structure. Booth height at the show must be the same as booth height in booth slide submitted for application.
• Generators labeled for outdoor use are permitted, but they must be placed 20’ away from any tent structure, and only if they do not disturb anyone else, for whatever reason. Please let us know if you are bringing a generator. Artists expecting to bring generators must, in their applications, disclose equipment description and where you expect to place the generator. Hot Works™ retains the right to refuse such requests, if, in our opinion, it will be disruptive to others and/or generate complaints from others.
• Prints and reproductions are accepted when clearly labeled and limited to 30% or less of work displayed.
• Photography, digital, or giclée art prints must be limited editions of 250 or less, signed and numbered, and printed on archival quality materials.
• We define “Photography” as the art or process of producing images by the formation of an image on a light sensitive surface or by an acceptable digital printing process. If applying in the “Digital” category, digital art prints must be made from the artist’s original digital file.
• Each artist must provide enough work to exhibit and sell during the entire time of the art fair. Artists who break down or leave early before closing time on any day of the event will not be permitted to return the following day or to future Hot Works™ shows unless proof of an emergency is provided.
• An artist package is mailed approximately one month prior to the show and will include 50 post cards. Please advise if a different quantity is needed; we are happy to provide you with as many as you need.
• Mailing lists are encouraged for all shows. If you do not have a mailing list, it is recommended that you start one in each city you do an event.
• Booth assignments are at the sole discretion of the event and are not interchangeable. Hot Works™ will accept and, do its best to honor, special location requests, but cannot make any guarantees. Corner spaces are available for purchase, and are assigned solely on availability and discretion of the event. Booth assignments and map of event will be available on the website a minimum of one week prior.
• For logistic purposes, artists with trailers that need to be driven onto the event site, must notify size of trailer 3 weeks prior to show.
• Heavier duty tents such as Light Dome canopy or Show-Off canopy are used by most professional artists. The umbrella-type, pop-up canopy by any manufacturer or distributor is not recommended, as they are the first to come down in bad weather. If you must use the umbrella-type expandable pop-up tent, as with all tents, a minimum of 60 pounds of weight on each corner is required. In addition, if there is rain, the weight of the ponding water on top of a canopy tent can potentially collapse it. Bolstering the inside corners will make the canvas tighter and avoids ponding on top on the tent. Swim noodles or hula hoops (you can purchase these from the $1 store) placed in corners between frame and canvas top can avoid ponding. At night, canopy tents should be lowered to withstand overnight bad weather.
• When setting up your tent, the entire aisle must have the front of the tents lined up, with no protruding items in the front of your tent.
• Paintings or other art are not permitted to be displayed on the ground, unless it as shown in your booth image submitted with your application, and approved by the event.
• Artists can only hang the sign that is provided by the art fair.
• Hot Works™ will inspect booths onsite to ensure rules and standards are adhered.
• Sales tax must be collected and remitted to the State of Florida. Florida sales tax is 6.0%; call State of Florida at 800-352-3671 or obtain the sales tax form online at http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/sales_tax.html.
The deadline to apply is September 23, 2016; notifications sent by September 29, 2016
Booth sizes are as follows:
10’ x 10’ = $425
10’ x 15’ = $575
10’ x 20’ = $695
Corner: Add $75
Event Hours Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
Move-in on Friday, January 27, 5pm-9pm & Saturday, January 28, 8am-9:30am
Move-out Sunday, January 29, from 5pm-9pm
*A white commercial tent can be rented for $200, includes sidewalls, weights, set up and tear down.
___ Clay ___ Metal
___ Digital ___ Other
___ Drawing ___ Painting
___ Fiber ___ Other
___ Glass ___ Photography
___ Jewelry-Precious ___ Printmaking
___ Jewelry–Non Precious ___ Sculpture
___ Mixed Media ___ Wood
— Complete all required information on the application and by the deadline.
—$35 app fee on Zapplication.org. Jury fee waived for previous year’s event winners in that event. Add $25 for late applications.
— Please provide three electronic images of your most compelling work, plus one of your booth as you would set up at the show (include browse bins, if any). Size 1920x1920, or minimum 300 dpi.
__ Upon your acceptance into the show, booth payment is due approximately 60 days prior to the event.
— You may include an Artist Statement explaining the process and materials used in your work, as well as your reproduction process. Please also indicate a list of any recent awards and honors.
— Please make all checks payable to “Hot Works™, LLC” and mail to: PO Box 79 Milford, MI 48381-0079 postmarked by deadline.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|