Handcrafters - Spring Fling Art & Handcrafted Market 2017
Northville Community Center
Northville, Michigan (Midwest)
Show Dates: 4/7/17 - 4/8/17
Application Deadline: 1/15/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee (non-refundable)): $10.00
- Considered one of Michigan's premiere shows, Spring Fling Art & Handcrafted Market presented by Handcrafters Unlimited®, now in its 38th year, consistently attracts loyal show-goers who come to spend.
- With a focus on quality over quantity, the Spring Fling is a gathering of 75 well curated artists and craftspeople.
- The Spring Fling Market is an admissioned juried art and fine craft show, featuring an intimate atmosphere located in picturesque downtown Northville, MI.
- The Spring Fling is a high quality art and handcrafted show however not a fine art show; median priced items sell best.
- The show is held annually on the Friday and Saturday of the weekend before Easter.
- Please visit HCShows.com to learn about our award winning family of shows.
- Features a strong marketing and advertising campaign.
- This is an INDOOR show.
- Handcrafters Spring Fling is a subsidiary of Mercantile Fairs and its parent company Mercantile Events & Marketing.
*This fee is non-refundable and covers the cost of the Zapp interface.
April 6, 2017, 3pm-8pm
No Friday setup
Friday, April 7, 2017: 9am - 8pm
Saturday, April 8, 2017: 9am - 5pm
- Complimentary exhibitor reception during set-up
- Coffee and pastries provided on show mornings
- Unload and load assistance
- Complimentary shuttle service for exhibitors available
- Delicious food offerings for purchase during the show
- Free publicity postcards and flyers
- Student helpers to assist with load and unload
Six (6) Photos Required*:
*Zapp, typically, will not accept photos taken on a cell phone as they do not meet the pixel and quality requirements. If your photos are from a phone, try uploading them first to see if they will work. If not, you will need to use a good ol' fashion camera or reformat your photos.
- One (1) of your stocked display exactly as it will appear at the show. Display photo must include a backdrop. Photos of outdoor displays NOT recommended.
- One (1) work-in-process with the artist visible.
- Four (4) photos showing your most popular items to be sold at the show.
Artists will be notified of acceptance status by EMAIL on or before January 19, 2017. Payment must be received by January 29, 2017.
Important items to consider:
All booths must have a freestanding backdrop.
Specialty Food Applicants must be fully licensed and insured. Cottage law applicants not accepted. Proof of food license and insurance will be required if accepted.
Jewelers are persons selling 10% or more jewelry in a booth.
Credit card only accepted for jury and booth fees.
No refunds once accepted regardless of reason or emergency.
- Work of only one exhibitor may be displayed in one booth. Work produced by a two-person team is considered as a single exhibitor.
- No booth subletting.
- No open flames allowed.
- All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist(s). Commercially cast jewelry, molds and imported or commercially-made products (including fiber/wearables); or pieces done by a production studio are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Only artists accepted in the jewelry categories may display and sell jewelry.
- Only work consistent with the accepted juried images may be exhibited and sold. Nothing of lesser quality may be exhibited.
- All artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artwork must be original, handcrafted work made by the artist(s).
- Artists may only show work in the categories in which they were juried and accepted.
- Artists may not exhibit or sell the works of other artists.
Read prior to applying: Due to the intimate nature of the venue, booths sizes vary and can be quirky. Our venue also has a "stage area" that requires three small stairs to access. Student helpers available to assist with load and unload. The more flexible you can be with your set-up the better.
Single, 80 sq feet = $300 (Ex. 10x8)
Premium, 120 sq feet = $450 (Ex. 15x8)
Electricity = $25.00 (additional)
Corner = $50.00 (additional)
Limited availability on corners.
6' & 8'Tables =$20 (additional)
Limited amount of tables available.
Business Web Listing = $10
Promotional Image on Postcard = $35*
(6 spots available. Images must be tight, high quality, products shots. Subject to approval and deadline.)