Sarasota Spring Fine Art Festival | March 2017
801 Gulf Stream
Sarasota, Florida (South)
Phone: (941) 487-8061
Show Dates: 3/11/17 - 3/12/17
Application Deadline: 1/31/17 Midnight EST
8 day(s) and 0 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
In its inaugural year in 2014 the Sarasota Spring Fine Art Festival had strong sales though crowds were limited as a result of traffic backups of event-goers coming to Sarasota from the Longboat Key area. While many buyers did not 'pull the trigger' at the show, feedback over the succeeding months demonstrated strong and significant sales as a results of "be-backs" that resulted in post-show sales for artists. Sales in 2015 remained strong with numerous post-show sales reported and sales continued to increase in 2016.
This show is held in Florida's "high-season", the time of peak tourism. The event is held on Gulf Stream Ave, a location parallel to and visible from Hwy. 41 making this the premium location in Sarasota. The Sarasota Spring Fine Art Festival will remain a boutique show (under 120 artists).
Remember, Paragon events are always: Original - Quality - Boutique !
Jurying is conducted in-house by Paragon staff. This is a “blind” jury process which means artist scoring is based solely on the images presented without consideration of the artist name, artist location, or reference to additional information such as websites. Juror decisions are based 70% upon the quality of work portrayed in the artwork images submitted for the jury process, and 30% on your booth presentation image. If you do not submit a booth image you will automatically lose 3 points off your final score.
NOTE: No images including the booth image should have the artist or any signage with the artist name or business name visible and should represent the setup we will actually see at the event. Images are viewed simultaneously in a horizontal format, grouped by media.
Online applications are now available on www.zapplication.org
January 8, 2017: DEADLINE to apply - all applications must be received with jury fees paid
January 9, 2017: Jury starts
January 10, 2017: Jury ends
January 11, 2017: NOTIFICATION of jury results
February 10, 2017: CONTRACTS AND BOOTH FEE PAYMENTS DUE ... NOTE: ALL BOOTH PAYMENTS ARE MADE DIRECTLY TO PARAGON - NO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE ZAPPLICATION WEBSITE If you foresee difficultly paying the full booth fee by the deadline, please contact our office prior to that deadline date and we will discuss payment options.
March 10, 2017: Check-in and setup begins at noon (12 pm) to 7 pm ... setup into the night is possible after check-in with onsite security
March 11, 2017: SHOW HOURS: 10 am to 5 pm
March 12, 2017: SHOW HOURS: 11 am to 5 pm
- Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
- Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image or the manipulation of a source material is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
- Drawing: Works created using such dry media as chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils and wax crayon or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
- Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
- Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
- Graphic & Printmaking: Print works for which the artist's hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Offset reproductions are not allowed. Print makers are required to disclose both their creative and print making process.
- Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed.
- Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
- Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category. If you have questions or need clarification, call and talk with us.
- Painting: Works created using such materials as oils, acrylics and watercolor, are in this category. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited editions.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital.
- Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium (e.g., bronze, stone, acrylic).
- Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
- Night security
- Easy load-in and load-out
- Setup begins: Friday March 10, 2017 from noon (12 pm) to 7 pm
- Setup continues: Saturday March 11, 2017 from 7 am - 9 am
- Show hours: Saturday March 11, 2017 from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday March 12, 2017 from 11 am to 5 pm
- Location: Gulf Stream Ave., Sarasota, Florida
1625 Keely Ln
Sarasota, FL 34232
Office: (941) 487-8061
FAX: (941) 346-0302
- IMAGE USEAGE:
Accepted artists agree that Spada Graphix LLC (DBA: Paragon Fine Arts Festivals) may use their images for promotional, website or publicity purposes.
STANDARDS and RULES:
1) All work must be original handcrafted work. Each artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
2) Work done by a production studio is not allowed.
3) All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
4) No more than 2 artists may collaborate on work. Both must be included on and sign the application. Both must be present at the festival for the duration of the event.
5) Artists must be present with the work for the entire duration of the art festival. Representatives, including spouses and family members, may not attend in lieu of the artists. They may be present and assist, but the artist MUST be present at all times throughout the event.
6) Every Paragon event requires a photo identification (in English) at check-in to ensure compliance. This will typically be a driver’s license.
7) Artists may only show work in categories and bodies of work selected by the jury.
8) All work exhibited must be of the quality, category, and body of work that were shown in the images used in the jury process.
• No t-shirts or commercially manufactured items
• No item that employs the use of commercially available molds
• No velvet paintings, decoupage, or plants.
• Traditional crafts such as soaps, wax media (e.g., candles), scented oils, and homemade food items are not items juried into our events.
• Cancellations must be in writing, submitted to our office by fax, e-mail or you must mail us the cancellation document.
• You may apprise us by phone of your inability to attend; however, you must still submit your cancellation in writing to receive a refund.
• If cancellations are received from 11 to 30 days prior to the event, you will received a refund as follows:
- 50% refund by check, OR
- 100% credit towards another Paragon event of your choosing; however, you must apply to and be juried into that event.
- There is no time limit on the 100% credit
• Cancellations made within 10 days of the event will not receive either a refund or a credit except for cases of extreme hardship.
Call us if you need clarification on any rules before applying. The Festival Standards & Rules Committee reserves the right to exclude work that does not conform to show standards.
Sales tax in Sarasota is currently 7.00%. A video is available online from the Florida DOR on how to complete Sales & Use Tax Returns at: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/training/dr15_new/safari3/index.html?dhtmlActivation=inplace
APPLICATION FEE: $30.00
NOTE: If you apply to a minimum of 5 shows, your jury fee is $12 per event; however, you must contact the office to obtain the appropriate discount code BEFORE you apply to the events. The discounts cannot be applied after the applications are completed.
SINGLE BOOTH FEE: Single: $395.00
NOTE: booth fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
DOUBLE BOOTH FEE: Single: $790.00
NOTE: booth fees is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
CORNER BOOTH FEE: Single: $50.00
NOTE: booth fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
ELECTRICAL FEE (if available): Single: $35.00 .... if available
NOTE: this fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
DISPLAY SPACE: Upon acceptance, artists desiring corner or double spaces or that require electrical connection must specify and pay any applicable fees at the time payment is submitted. Specific space requests will be assigned based on the date payment is received. We will attempt to accommodate all reasonable requests.
DISPLAY SURFACE: Pavement/brick and grass: no drilling into or anchoring to the pavement is allowed; tents must be anchored by free-standing weights only.