BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Lido Beach Spring Fine Art Festival | April 2017
400 Benjamin Franklin Dr.
Sarasota, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 4/8/17 - 4/9/17
Application Deadline: 4/5/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Join us for the 2nd Annual Lido Beach Spring Fine Art Festival on April 8-9, 2017. This event draws strong demographics from Longboat Key, St. Armands, Sarasota and Lido Beach. Despite the bridge construction that hampered attendees getting to the site in 2016, now long completed, those who came purchased art at all price points. These are qualified buyers with the means and interest in purchasing art. With the growth Sarasota is experiencing, this show will only grow and strengthen with time.
Remember, Paragon events are always about: Original - Quality - Boutique!
Jurying is conducted in-house by Paragon staff. This is a “blind” jury process which means artist scoring is based solely on the images presented without consideration of the artist name, artist location, or reference to additional information such as websites. Juror decisions are based 70% upon the quality of work portrayed in the artwork images submitted for the jury process, and 30% on your booth presentation image. If you do not submit a booth image you will automatically lose 3 points off your final score. No images including the booth image should have the artist or any signage with the artist name or business name visible and should represent the setup we will actually see at the event. Images are viewed simultaneously in a horizontal format, grouped by media.
online application available now on www.ZAPPlication.org
February 3, 2017: Application deadline!!! All applications, jury fees and images must be submitted.
February 4, 2017: Jury starts
February 5, 2017: Jury ends
February 6, 2016: NOTIFICATION of jury results
March 8, 2017: CONTRACTS AND BOOTH FEE PAYMENTS DUE ... NOTE: ALL BOOTH PAYMENTS ARE MADE DIRECTLY TO PARAGON - NO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE ZAPPLICATION WEBSITE If you foresee difficulty paying the full booth fee by the deadline, please contact our office prior to that deadline date and we will discuss payment options.
April 7, 2017: Check-in and setup start at noon (12 pm) to 7 pm
April 8, 2017: 7 am - 9 am check-in. SHOW HOURS: 10 am - 5 pm
April 9, 2017: SHOW HOURS: 10 am - 5 pm
• Ceramics: All original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry is accepted in this category. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, each piece must be signed.
• Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of a source material, that is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Traditional photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
• Drawing: Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils, wax crayon, etc. or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush are to be entered in this category.
• Fiber: All work crafted from fibers including basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
• Glass: Original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
• Graphic & Printmaking: Prints where the artist hand-manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. All photocopy, and/or offset reproductions will be rejected. Printmakers are required to disclose both their creative and print making process.
• Jewelry: All jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work allowed.
• Metalwork: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
• Mixed Media: This category includes works, both 2D and 3D, that incorporates more than one type of physical material in the production of the artwork. Includes non-sculptural work as determined by the artist. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category. If you have questions or need clarification, call and talk with us.
• Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc. are in this category. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited to not exceed 250 prints in the edition.
• Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist's original image (e.g., film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision, are included in this category. Images printed through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital. Each image must be signed and numbered with editions being inclusive of all sizes and not to exceed 250 prints in the edition.
• Sculpture: Three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
• Wood: Original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved are accepted in the wood category.
• Night security
• Booth sitters
• Easy load-in and load-out
• Setup: Friday April 7, 2017 starting at noon (12 pm) to 7 pm
• Dates: April 8-9, 2017
• Hours: Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-5
• Location: Lido Beach in Lido Key, Sarasota, FL
1625 Keely Ln
FAX: (941) 346-0302
STANDARDS and RULES:
1) All work must be original handcrafted work created by the artist(s) present at the event. Each artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
2) Work done by a production studio is not accepted.
3) All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
4) No more than two (2) artists may collaborate on work. Both must be included on and sign the application. Both must be present at the festival for the duration of the event.
5) Artists must be present with the work for the entire duration of the arts festival. Representatives, including spouses and family members may not attend in lieu of the artist(s).
6) Artists are required to show photo identification (in English) at check-in to ensure identity and compliance.
7) Artists may only show work in categories and bodies of work selected by the jury.
8) All work exhibited must be in the category applied to, and exhibit the quality and body of work that was shown in the images used in the jury process.
No t-shirts, commercially manufactured items, items that employ the use of commercially available molds, velvet paintings, decoupage, or plants. Traditional crafts such as soaps, wax media (e.g., candles), scented oils, and homemade food items are not items juried into our fine art events. Please call us if you need clarification before applying. The Festival Committee reserves the right to exclude work which does not conform to show standards.
TIMELINE for CANCELLATION and REFUND
SALES TAX: Sales tax in Sarasota is currently 7.00%. A video is available online from the Florida DOR on how to complete Sales & Use Tax Returns at: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/training/dr15_new/safari3/index.html?dhtmlActivation=inplace
APPLICATION FEE: $30.00
NOTE: If you apply to a minimum of 5 shows, your jury fee is $12 per event; however, you must contact the office to obtain the appropriate discount code BEFORE you apply to the events. The discounts cannot be applied after the applications are completed.
BOOTH FEE: Single: $395.00
NOTE: booth fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
DOUBLE BOOTH FEE: Single: $790.00
NOTE: booth fees is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
CORNER BOOTH FEE: Single: $100.00
NOTE: booth fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
ELECTRICAL FEE: Single: $35.00 .... if available
NOTE: this fee is paid directly to Paragon Fine Art Festivals - NOT to ZAPP
DISPLAY SPACE: Upon acceptance, artists desiring corner or double spaces or that require electrical connection must specify and pay any applicable fees at the time payment is submitted. Specific space requests will be assigned based on the date payment is received. We will attempt to accommodate all reasonable requests.
DISPLAY SURFACE: Pavement/brick and grass: no drilling into or anchoring to the pavement is allowed; tents must be anchored by free-standing weights only.
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|