BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Boca Fest: January 2017, 30th Annual (Boca Raton, FL) Howard Alan Events
The Town Center Mall of Boca Raton on Glades Road
Boca Raton, Florida (South)
Phone: (561) 746-6615
Show Dates: 1/14/17 - 1/15/17
Application Deadline: 1/11/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non-refundable Jury Fee): $25.00
Boca Fest will return to The Town Center Mall at Boca Raton this year. The Town Center is one of South Florida's top luxury shopping destinations and one of Boca's main attractions. It features a mix of upscale and elite specialty shops, fine dining and plenty of parking. The Town Center features over 200 stores including Tory Burch, Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, The Apple Store and much more. The show will be located in the parking lot of The Terrace, a recent expansion near Bloomingdales, The Blue Martini and Gap. The Town Center is located right off I-95 and Glades Road. A convenient, well known location with plenty of patron parking- including valet, this event is not one to be missed! Show is currently closed. Applications will be accepted for wait list only.
Howard Alan Events produces multiple shows therefore we have an ongoing jury process that meets twice monthly and juries by category. SHOW DIRECTOR’S SUGGESTION: We recommend that you apply EARLY as the show and/or most categories will fill quickly. Upon receiving an invitation to participate in the show, you will need to submit a deposit/booth fee immediately to secure your space in the show. Simply ACCEPTING on Zapp will not secure your space in the show. Please note that your invitation email may go to your SPAM folder, so it is in your best interest to check your status on Zapp or check your SPAM folder. Due to the deadline being so close to the show date, the show will most likely be closed prior to the deadline. PLEASE NOTE that we keep a WAIT LIST on a category basis. Show is currently closed. Applications will be accepted for wait list only.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The Town Center is one of South Florida's top luxury shopping destinations and one of Boca's main attractions. It features a mix of upscale and elite specialty shops, fine dining and plenty of parking. The Town Center features over 200 stores including Tory Burch, Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, The Apple Store and much more. The show will be located in the parking lot of The Terrace, a recent expansion near Bloomingdales, The Blue Martini and Gap. The Town Center is located right off I-95 and Glades Road. A convenient, well known location with plenty of patron parking- including valet, this event is not one to be missed!
Venue: Now located at the Town Center Mall at Boca Raton- great, new location!
Public Admission: Free, no gate
Parking: Available for RVs and standard size vehicles
Spaces: 10x10 booth space, double space available upon request (double fee)
Show Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm
Set-Up: Begins 5am Saturday morning
Security: Overnight and Daytime Security will be onsite
PROMOTION – Howard Alan Events has a reputation of bringing out the high end buying crowd to each of its events. For Boca Fest we work with WRMF, the Palm Beach Post, Sun Sentinel, Boca News, Forum Publishing and Comcast Cable.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Jury Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
• mixed media
Howard Alan Events will allow a limited quantity of offset prints, giclees, and reproduced work that must be clearly labeled as such.
This competitive show is limited to approximately 200 exhibitors chosen by a jury of highly qualified, talented, experienced, 2D and 3D fine artists and craftspeople. All participants in the show will be chosen by this jury, which meets twice a month. The Zapp site will be updated when categories and/or the show closes; WAIT LIST applications will then be accepted. Artists who will be called from the wait list will be chosen by category as cancellations are received and at that time can accept our decline our invitation to exhibit.
All work must be of original design and produced by the artist or a two-person collaboration. The work exhibited and booth must match the quality and style of work as represented in the submitted digital images. All exhibitors participating in the show must provide a valid state sales tax number at the time of booth acceptance. Artists are only permitted to apply with one medium.
WE ARE VERY ARTIST FRIENDLY. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US DIRECTLY FOR QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Log on to our website at www.artfestival, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (561) 746-6615.
The artist/craftsperson whose work has been accepted MUST BE present for the duration of the show to meet our patrons. Both collaborating partners, if listed on this application, must be in attendance. Picture identification will be required.
The show is open rain or shine. Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather.
For most shows, a fifty dollar ($50) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is thirty (30) days away or more. We also accept credit cards for payment of booth fees. Please visit our website to access credit card authorization forms or contact our office. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must be paid NO LATER than thirty (30) days before the event or a fifty dollar ($50) late fee will be applied to the balance.
There are no refunds for canceled shows. Cancellations must be made in writing (preferably emailed) at least 60 DAYS prior to an art show. If you cancel with the proper amount of notice, you will receive a credit for all show fees paid, good for 2 years. Application fees are non-refundable. We do not, at any time, issue refunds unless we have canceled a show with ample time prior to its scheduled date. If a show is canceled AFTER logistical and advertising arrangements have been made, refunds will not be issued under our rain or shine policy nor due to any forces of nature, (i.e., hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes) as outlined in the application. If you are not paid in full at this time, you are still liable for the balance. You will not be able to exhibit in a future Howard Alan Event until the show balance has been paid. We understand that there are many unforeseen circumstances that may arise last minute, however, we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
Applicants must submit four color digital images, via the ZAPP application. Three images must show individual pieces representative of current work. The fourth image must be of the display that will be used at the show with the full range of work displayed.
Application Deadline: ONGOING JURY *READ ABOVE PLEASE*
Acceptance Notification will be emailed approximately 2 to 4 weeks after Zapp online application completed.
Booth Fees Due: Deposit of $50.00 will be due immediately upon acceptance. Show fee balance is due no later than 30 days prior to the event.
Booth Location Notification: Will be available on our website at www.artfestival.com the Thursday prior to the event * Please note that complete show information will be posted at that time. You should read this very carefully as last minute logistical information or changes will be posted.
Show Set-up: Saturday Morning at 5 AM
Show Hours: Saturday & Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
No Solicitation - Exhibitors are present at our shows for the purpose of representing their work. For that reason, no exhibitor, or their representatives, will engage in any type of solicitation of any products, supplies, shows, etc. during the course of the show, starting at the commencement of the event and ending at the end of breakdown of the said event. The exhibitors’ role is to sell their work and not engage in any other non-related business activities during the course of the event. Failure to comply could cause possible expulsion from the show.
ABOUT US: For over 30 years, Howard Alan Events has been America’s leading producer of juried street art festivals. We produce shows in the states of Florida, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania.
Combine some of the best downtown streets in the US, develop a great marketing plan, include a high caliber of artists, and you have another fine Howard Alan Event.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND POLICIES: SEE BELOW
1) All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass produced items will not be tolerated. This rule is strictly enforced.
2) All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to your acceptance. Any media NOT approved during the application process that appears in your both at an event will be removed. Artists are only permitted to apply with one medium.
3) All applications require 3 photos of your work plus 1 photo of your outdoor display. We will not process your application without a photo of your outdoor display with the white 10x10 tent included in the image. INDOOR displays WILL NOT be accepted.
◊ We do NOT keep photos on file. You MUST resubmit photos with EACH application.
4) Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All tents MUST be white and all racks MUST be covered. Handwritten signs and sale signs are strictly prohibited. Ribbons won from other shows may NOT be displayed. Please visit our website, www.ArtFestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery.
◊ Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down. If your space is not clean after an event, you may be expelled from future shows.
5) The $25 Application fee (APF) must be paid at the time of applying.
6) For most shows a fifty dollar ($50) deposit may be made in lieu of the full booth fee ONLY if the event is thirty (30) days away or more. If you are accepted into a show, the balance must then be paid for NO LATER than thirty (30) days before the event or a fifty dollar ($50) late fee will be applied to the balance
7) Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to process your application once received in our office. You will not be charged a late fee if you apply more than 30 days prior to the show, but you are not informed of your acceptance after cut-off date.
8) CANCELLATIONS – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLED SHOWS! However, a credit good for 2 years from the cancellation date will be issued to your account if you notify the office more than 60 days before the event date. The exhibitor is responsible for the entire show fee if the event is cancelled with less than 60 days prior to the show. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule! If you cancel an event within 60 days of the show date, you are liable for the show balance. You will not be able to exhibit in a future event until the show balance has been paid.
◊ All cancellations MUST be in writing (email preferred).
9) The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth at all times. NO subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed.
♦ An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the show. IF you are not present of any part of the show, you may be expelled from future shows.
10) Bank Fees – A $25 bank fee will be charged on all return checks. The check amount plus the $25 fee is payable with a money order, cashier’s check or cash. The fee may be higher with international checks.
11) Exhibitors will receive an ample amount of booth space, which varies depending on the venue. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
12) The exhibitor’s space shall be occupied by 7:45 am the morning of the show or you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be given away with no possible refund or credit. Vehicles MUST be removed from the show area by 8:30am unless otherwise specified.
13) Management reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations.
Booth spaces are approximately 10' wide by 10' deep. Double booths are also available on a limited basis. Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. All exhibitor tents must be white in color. Racks must be covered. The goal is to make your tent look like a “mini” art gallery. No tables please. Please visit our website at www.artfestival.com to view our display requirements and tips. Handwritten signs and sale signs are prohibited.
If invited, your booth display at the event should match the booth display picture that was submitted with your Zapp application. There are no exceptions to this rule. If you have any display changes prior to the festival, you must resubmit your booth image for approval.
Single Booth (10' x 10') - $425.00
Double Booth (limited) - $850.00
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|