BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Outdoor Art Show 2017
Fairhope, Alabama (South)
Show Dates: 3/17/17 - 3/19/17
Application Deadline: 11/1/16 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee after Nov. 1st (non-refundable)): $50.00
The OUTDOOR ART SHOW is located on the grounds of the Eastern Shore Art Center and the surrounding downtown area of Fairhope, Alabama. It is within walking distance of Mobile Bay and many specialty shops and restaurants. Now in its 45th year, the Outdoor Art Show features international and regional fine artists and craftspeople, attracting more than 300,000 visitors each spring.
The Eastern Shore Art Center connects people of all ages and abilities with the arts through education, exhibitions and outreach activities.
The Eastern Shore Art Association, dba the Eastern Shore Art Center, is funded solely through private memberships, donations, and grants. The Outdoor Art Show is its largest fundraiser. The Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and relies on the goodwill of the community for its continuation.
ENTRY FEE & DEADLINES
Booth is $300 (Non-Member) or $275 (ESAC Artist Level Member), plus a $30 non-refundable jury fee. Booth fee is due upon acceptance into the show. No refund will be made due to inclement weather or if withdrawn before show.
Applications must be postmarked by November 1, 2016. Late applications may be considered by the Jury Committee up to the day of the show providing the category is not full. Late applications should include booth fee and a $50 late jury fee.
An accepted application is a commitment to participate in the 2017 Outdoor Art Show.
AWARDS & EXHIBITORS’ RECEPTION
Best of Show ($2500)
Isabel Jackson Award ($1500)
First Place ($500 each)
Painting (Oil, Acrylic, and Watercolor)
Drawing and Graphics (includes Pastel)
Fine Craft (includes Fine Jewelry)
Merit Awards ($300 each)
See categories above.
Chamber of Commerce Award ($400)
2017 SHOW STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to participate. No refund will be made for cancellation, withdrawal, inclement weather, or any other reason.
2. No stand-in proxy exhibitors will be permitted. Only artists accompanying their own original work may participate. If it is determined by the committee that the work is not original, not created by the exhibitor, or not representative of the work shown on application disc, the artist will be asked to leave.
3. Only original work in any medium, including original graphics, will be accepted. Acceptable original fine art graphics include collagraphs, linocuts, woodcuts, intaglios and embossing. They must be numbered and dated limited editions. An artist print is defined as a handmade original, usually produced in multiples. Examples include etching, engravings, lithographs, serigraphs (silk-screen), wood block prints or any combination of these. A photomechanical reproduction is not an original print, even when signed and numbered by the artist.
4. Artwork produced by photomechanical processes must be identified as such. Photomechanical reproductions of the exhibitor’s original work may be framed and hung in the booth provided that these do not constitute more than 25% of the work on display. Reproductions will not be judged.
5. China painting, tole painting, velvet painting, and items manufactured via commercial molds, patterns or kits are not acceptable.
6. Exhibitors must confine their display to their 10’ x 10’ booth inside the allotted 10’ x 12’ space. Booths are arranged to allow a 4’ walkway on one side of each booth. Please remember that Fairhope can be windy in March. Exhibitors should secure their booth with weights. No anchors or nails may be driven into the streets.
7. Sales Tax must be paid to the State of Alabama (4%) and to Baldwin County (3%) and to the City of Fairhope (2%). Details and tax forms will be provided at registration. Total tax is 9%.
8. Business licenses are required. To find a business license application or renewal, visit www.co.Baldwin.al.us and go to the Probate page or call (251) 990-4633 or (251) 937-0260. Form: http://baldwincountyal.gov/docs/default-source/sales-and-use-tax/forms-and-downloads/vendor-business-license-check-list.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Available Booth Spaces:
10 x 10 Booths - $300.00 ($275.00 with ESAC Artist Membership)
Sales are conducted through ZAPP via credit card, check, or PayPal.
Set Up Information:
Set up for the show will begin Thursday evening, March 16. We will make every effort to honor your request for booth location. You will receive your packets when you check in at the Art Center during Check-in. Set-up must be completed by 10:00am Friday morning. You are expected to keep your display in place until the show closes at 5pm Sunday, and take down must be completed by 7pm.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|