BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Redlands Festival of Arts 2017
Redlands, California (West)
Event Dates: 5/27/17 - 5/28/17
Application Deadline: 3/10/17 Midnight PST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
The REDLANDS FESTIVAL OF ARTS will be held in historic Smiley Park on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28 in downtown Redlands. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. A juried art show of both two and three dimensional works of art will be the centerpiece of the festival. Monetary prizes will be awarded. The Festival will feature both visual and performing arts as well as community activities.
DEAD LINE FOR ARTISTS' APPLICATIONS March 04, 2017
Our Redlands Festival of Arts has attracted several thousand visitors who enjoyed the setting and purchased some of the great pieces of art being offered for sale.The RFA Committee has begun working to make our Festival even more exciting to both artists and visitors.
We are working dilligently to create publicity for the participating artists in order to attarct more buyers from the region.
As in our previous years, the artists' work will be judged on Saturday A.M. with $6000 in prize money being awarded.
A juried outdoor art event is a centerpiece of the 2017 Redlands Festival of Arts. All artists must be registered in www.zapplication.org to apply for participation in the Redlands Festival of Arts juried art event. There is no cost to register at Zapp™, but ZAPP will collect the $25 application fee that we are charging per application. An artist who wishes to apply in more than one media must submit separate applications.
Application deadline is: March 10, 2017
Jury period is March 12, 2017 to March 14, 2017
Artists notified: March 21, 2017
Notification happens two ways: on or about March 16, 2017 you will see STATUS on your ZAPP™ application change from “received” to “invited” or “not invited”. If “invited”, you must decide if you will participate and, if you do, follow the instructions in ZAPP™ to “accept” and then “confirm”. Note that the two are not the same. Your space will only be held when you complete the purchase; that is “CONFIRM"
Invited artist confirm/regret due: March 31, 2017
Wait list Invited artists notified: April 10, 2016
50% refund deadline: May 10, 2017. There is no full refund of any kind.
Artist move-in: May 26, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Festival hours: Saturday 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Artist access: Saturday 8 a.m to 6 p.m., Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
There is no Saturday move-in or Monday move-out. Move-out must be completed by Sunday evening.
The booth fee to artists for the Redlands Festival of Arts is $250 per 12’ x 12’ space. All booths must be free standing and space will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Redlands Festival of Arts committee.
Artists retain the revenue from the sale of their work with no commission on sales due to the Redlands Festival of Arts.
Applications must be accompanied by the $25 jury fee payment. Five images are to be submitted with each application entered by the artist.
Four images must be of individual work.
The fifth image must be a display of the artist’s work, showing the scope and the presentation of the artist’s body of work. This booth/grouping image is mandatory. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure that the artist has a complete body of work and to help identify the size of the pieces being entered.
The jury process is a blind jury process. Artists are to avoid submitting images with an identifiable sign or photo of the artist. Works pictured in the booth/group picture not in the medium of the 4 images submitted are not considered to have been accepted by the jury.
Juried Art Awards:
Best in Show (Body of work): $2,000
Two-Dimensional Art (Body of work):
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $300
Honorable Mention (3): $100
Three Dimensional Art ( Body of work):
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
Third Place: $300
Honorable Mention: $100
Redlands Festival of Arts
All art must be original and made by the artist in attendance. Limited edition prints signed by the artist will be permitted
All 2 dimensional works are to be properly framed and exhibited in a professional manner.
Digital Art: Work for which the original image or the manipulation of other source material created by the artist using a computer.
Graphics and Printmaking: Printed works for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens. All works to be signed and numbered as limited editions. Giclees will be permitted is they are accurately identified and signed by the artist.
Mixed media: Works that incorporate more than one type of material for production.
Painting: Works created in oils, acrylics and watercolor.
Photography: Photographic prints made from the artists original image and processed by the artist or under the artist’s direct supervision.
Ceramics: Functional pieces of clay or porcelain made and signed by the artist.
Fiber: Works crafted from fibers. No forms of mass production are permitted.
Glass: All works to be handcrafted by the artist.
Jewelry: All jewelry no matter the material from which it was crafted must be entered in this category.
Sculpture: Original work done in any medium
Wood: Original works that are hand tooled, turned or carved
Redlands Festival of Arts
1) Only original work created and executed by the artist will be permitted. Giclees of the artists' original work will be permitted if clearly identified as such and signed by the artist. A minimum of 75% of artist's work must be original.
2) No manufactured or mass produced items, no items produced from kits or posters are permitted
3) The Redlands Festival of Arts has the sole discretion to advise an artist if the work does not comply with the festival rules and regulations
4) All artists in their applications will certify that the images submitted are their original work and were created by them.
5) Accepted artists must exhibit during all show hours on both days. The accepted artist must staff their booths at all times during Festival hours. The festival staff will provide coverage if needed by the arist for a short relief period.
6) One artist per booth. Exception would be if two artists do collaborative original works.
7) The artist who created the work, submitted the application and who was accepted by the Festival must be in attendance. Identification will be checked during registration.
8) All artists’ applications are handled through Zapp ™, an online application process managed by the Western States Arts Foundation
9) Artists are responsible for payment of taxes to any city, county, state or federal agency. All exhibitors must have a current California State Board of Equalization permit. For out-of-state exhibitors needing a temporary 30 day California State Board of Equalization permit, visit: http://www.boe.ca.gov/ Out-of-state artists do not have to send CA Sellers Permits until notified of acceptance. Artists must also purchase a Temporary Seller's Permit from the City of Redlands. (Cost of the 2016 2 day permit was $8.00)
10) Booths must be freestanding. No banners other than the artist’s name may be displayed.
11) No pets on the Festival grounds.
12) Playing mechanical music is not permitted
13) Exhibitors may not distribute literature of, or promoting in any way any religious, fraternal, political or commercial organization. Literature pertaining to the artist’s work is permitted.
14) Exhibitors will be responsible for the security of their work. Neither the Redlands Festival of Arts Corporation nor the City of Redlands will assume responsibility for any loss or damage to any artistic works or display materials from any cause. All exhibitors must carry adequate theft and liability insurance. However, the Festival will provide night security.
15) Exhibitors are asked to check in and set up on Friday, May 26, 2017 no later than 6:00 p.m.
16) All move-out must be completed by Sunday evening, May 28, 2017.
The hours will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. the outdoor activities The Redlands Festival of Arts will include both visual and performing arts. The visual arts will include a juried art show with a variety of both two-dimensional and 3-dimensional works.
The event is sponsored by Redlands Festival of Arts, Inc., a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.The organization provides grants to a variety of stydent art education programs.
The Redlands Festival of Arts, Inc has been created as a non-profit services organization whose mission is to provide access to a broad spectrum of arts experiences and to support arts education in the City of Redlands.
Booth spaces will be 12' x 12' and will be assigned by the Redlands Festival of Arts . The cost of the booth is $250. Artists may set up Friday, May 26. Security will be furnished.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|