BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Melbourne Art Festival 2017 33rd Annual
Wickham Park - Scenic drive around the Back Lake
Melbourne, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 4/22/17 - 4/23/17
Application Deadline: 1/2/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (application fee): $37.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
April 22 and 23, 2017 marks the 33rd year of this juried Fine Art/Fine Craft Festival, showcasing the work of 250 talented artists. Our awards total $30,000 distributed among the two categories, 2-D and 3-D, and Best of Show.
We are excited to announce our move to Wickham Park beginning with the 2017 show. Invited Artists will set up along the scenic drive that winds around the back lake. Early Friday set up, FREE parking, FREE overnight parking, and full hook up camp sites are available at reasonalby low rates through Wickham Park Campground. Wickham Park is very spacious, we look forward to the welcoming breezes and wide open green spaces!
Our patron purchase program has been copied by many other Florida shows. The Melbourne Art Festival is consistently ranked in the top 100 shows in the nation by “Sunshine Artist” magazine.
Melbourne is located on Florida’s East Coast just one hour east of Orlando, two and a half hours south of Jacksonville and three hours north of Miami. Wickham Park is located at 2500 Parkway Dr. and has hosted many large venues; Runaway Country, 80's in the park and the Vietnam Memorial Wall and now the Melbourne Art Festival!. Check out their website at:
Organized and presented by an all-volunteer committee, the Melbourne Art Festival features a juried fine art show, continuous live entertainment, a 5K run, Kidsworld, Student Art Competition and Student Art Workshops. Saturday night features a free concert.
It is the responsibility of the artist to read and understand the following information.
DATE: April 22 and 23, 2017
HOURS: Exhibition hours are 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
CATEGORIES: 2-D Artwork and 3-D artwork
AWARDS: A total of $30,000 will be awarded.
Best of Show $3,000
10-Awards of Excellence (5 in each category) $1250
10-Awards of Distinction (5 in each category) $850
10-Awards of Merit (5 in each category) $600
JUDGING: Judges begin their rounds at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. Juding will be held in two phases, your body of work and individual pieces (see Rules/Regulation section below). Award winners will be announced Sunday morning. Cash awards will be distributed on Sunday afternoon.
PATRON PROGRAM: Our highly successful Patron Purchase Program is strongly supported by the Brevard County Community.
VENUE: Outdoors - Wickham Park
Exhibitors must provide their own means of display that must be sufficiently sturdy to withstand outdoor elements. While there is 24 hour security provided, The Melbourne Art Festival is not responsible for the safety of your booth or its contents. The artist is responsible for the cleanliness, safety, and security of their display. DOUBLE BOOTH SPACES ARE NOT AVAILABLE
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Please read and follow all instructions carefully. Failure to comply with these instructions will result in ineligibility of artist’s application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the jury process. We reserve the right to refuse any application. Submitting the application fee indicates acceptance of the policies of The Melbourne Art Show.
DEADLINE: December 31, 2016
1. Applications must be submitted through the ZAPPlication website on or before December 31, 2016
2. Late postings will not be accepted.
3. Notification to artists regarding acceptance, non-acceptance, and reserve status will be posted on the Zapp website on or before January 21 , 2017.
4. No notification by telephone will be given.
5. All decisions of the jury are final.
APPLICATION FEE: $37.00 per application (nonrefundable)
1. A nonrefundable application fee of $37.00 must accompany each submitted application.
2. Do not send an exhibition fee.
3. If an artist wishes to apply in more than one category, separate applications must be made.
4. Each application must include the application fee and four (4) images.
1. Each application must include three (3) images, which accurately represent the work you intend to exhibit, AND one (1) image of your booth display which shows overall presentation of the work intended for exhibition.
2. Artists are juried solely by the quality and clarity of the images submitted. Deficiencies in the quality of your images can negatively impact acceptance into the show.
3. Artists doing both one-of-a-kind and production work must submit images of each kind of work in the same proportion to be exhibited at the festival.
2016 AWARD WINNERS: A completed application is required.
1. ALL Award winners from the 2016 Melbourne Art Festival are automatically accepted for the 2016 show.
2. Award winners must still complete the application process and submit your images.
3. Do not submit the application fee. Your application fee is waived and you will receive an email from us, at the address you provided last year, with instructions for completing the application process on the Zapp website.
4. After the jury process, you will be notified on the Zapp website as having been accepted. You are then required to submit the exhibition fee.
Notification of ‘artist status’ will be posted on the Zapp website on or before January 21, 2017. If accepted, you may then pay the exhibition fee. By paying the exhibition fee, you agree to abide by the policies of The Melbourne Art Festival.
1. The Committee will use the contact information provided by the artist on their Zapplication.
2. Artists are responsible for providing accurate information and updating any changes that may occur after submitting their application.
3. Changes should be sent to the Melbourne Art Festival website (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FLORIDA SALES TAX: Each artist is responsible for the collection of 7% Florida State Sales Tax on all sales made during the festival, and for remittance to the State of Florida Department of Revenue.
1. Artists must exhibit and be present throughout the two days of the show. Failure to comply with this rule may result in ineligibility for awards and admission to future shows.
2. Only artists displaying their own original work may participate. No partners, stand-ins or proxy exhibitors will be allowed to represent the artist.
3. A driver’s license and/or additional photo identification will be required at check-in and may be checked at any time during the weekend.
1. Artists working together may apply as a team if they collaborate on every piece. A partner is not considered a displaying artist.
2. The names of both artists must be on the application as artists (not partners), and a description of the team involvement with the art produced must be provided.
3. If accepted, both artists must attend the show and may exhibit only pieces produced by that collaboration.
1. All work exhibited must be original 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional artwork produced by the juried artist and must have been represented in the slides submitted for jury.
2. Viewing bins containing reproductions must be clearly marked and identified as containing commercial reproductions. The bins must not detract from the overall appearance of the booth.
3. All Editions should be limited.
4. Photographic work must meet archival standards.
5. Not more than 10% of the artwork displayed on the walls of the display booth may be reproductions and must be clearly marked as such.
6. No commercially made products, ceramics made from commercial molds, commercially cut wood products, kit objects, decoupage, beadwork, shells or mass-produced items may be exhibited.
7. No 'buy-sell' items are allowed.
8. All work must be labeled either for sale with the price indicated or marked “Not for Sale”.
9. The committee reserves the right to remove any display, or parts of a display, which, in its opinion, does not conform to the artist’s work as represented by their juried images.
10. The committee reserves the right to remove any artist who, in its opinion, does not conform to the rules and regulations of the Melbourne Art Festival.
Judging of Artistic Works
1. The judges will determine the merits of your 'Body of Work'.
2. The selected artists will choose a piece from the body of work displayed at the time of judging.
3. The artist will deliver that piece to the judging area.
4. Judges will determine awards based on those pieces, selected by the artist, representing the body of work displayed during the initial phase of judging.
1. Each display space is approximately 10 feet in front by 10 feet on the sides. Green space area will be at the back of the space for personal seating, storage and umbrellas-no additional tents allowed. Artist vehicle parking will be available close by in grassy areas! We do not provide double spaces.
2. Work must be contained within the assigned space unless otherwise approved by the committee.
3. Only one artist permitted per space, unless a two-person team qualifies as a dual entry, in which case both artists must be present for the duration of the show. Both must be listed as artists on the application, not partners.
4. Failure to adhere to the designated space boundaries may result in the artist(s) being required to reset their display.
SPACE REQUESTS: Requests for specific locations made on the application are honored whenever possible. Requests by 2016 award winners, returning artists, artwork shop presenters, balance of media, special needs of some exhibitors, timely fee payments, and maintaining the good appearance of the show are the major considerations in space assignments. Artists Tents will be set up single file along the paved road with two 10' x 10' tents-4' space between. Possible grassy areas will be available upon request.
EXHIBITION FEE: $267.50
1. The exhibition fee of $266.25 ($250.00 + $17.50 (7% Florida State Sales Tax) must be received on or before February 28, 2017.
2. All payments made by check are deposited upon receipt. Make checks payable to Melbourne Art Festival and mail to: P.O. Box 611, Melbourne FL, 32902
3. Any check returned for insufficient funds is subject to a $50.00 processing fee.
4. The Committee will assume that any accepted artist not paying the exhibition fee on or before February 28, 2017 will not be exhibiting in the 2017 Melbourne Art Festival and no booth space will be reserved for that artist.
By paying the exhibition fee you have made a commitment to show and no refunds will be made for cancellation, nonappearance, or rainout. Accepted artists unable to attend must inform the Committee.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|