BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
The Harding Art Show 2017
Harding Academy, 170 Windsor Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37205
Nashville, Tennessee (South)
Event Dates: 5/4/17 - 5/6/17
Application Deadline: 2/5/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 8 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
Celebrating its 42nd year, The Harding Art Show typically hosts approximately 70 talented artists from across the country. The show is held at Harding Academy, located in the dynamic city of Nashville; this event is open to the public and typically attracts 3,000 visitors each year. One of the aspects of the show that makes the experience unique and gratifying for all involved is that exhibiting artists are present during this event, showcasing their fine art for purchase and interacting and engaging with attendees. Proceeds from the show benefit Harding Academy student programs, facilities and arts education.
Please enjoy this video about The Harding Art Show.
Harding Academy is located in the Belle Meade area of Nashville and draws from a community of art buyers, collectors, and enthusiasts. The Harding Art Show is held the first weekend of May each year and is an event that many Middle Tennesseans have on their "don't miss" list. The show is held on Harding Academy’s campus, which is transformed for artists to showcase their works in indoor spaces and outdoor areas.
Application Open: August 22, 2016
Application Deadline: November 18, 2016
Artist Notification: December 19, 2016
Artist Invitation Acceptance Deadline: January 20, 2017
Booth Purchase Deadline: January 20, 2017
Artist Set Up: May 4, 2017
Show Dates: May 4-6, 2017
Artist Checks Mailed: May 22, 2017
Artist Arrival and Set Up: May 4, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 1 PM
Artist Dinner and Welcome: May 4, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Opening Night Party (21 & up event): May 4, 2017 from 6 PM until 9 PM
Show and Cocktail Reception (21 & up event): May 5, 2017 from 1 PM until 9 PM
Family Day: May 6, 2017 from 10 AM until 4 PM
Takedown and Artist Departure: May 6, 2017 from 4 PM until 6 PM
Application Fee: $30
Booth Fee: $150
Approximately 70 artists will be invited to participate in The Harding Art Show, a fine art sale with a diversity of price points and media; openings for artists are available in every art category. The majority of artists are painters using oils, acrylics, watercolors, and mixed media; openings are also available in ceramics, digital art, glass, jewelry, metals, photography, sculpture, and woodwork. Artists are chosen by a designated selection committee, whose members have a variety of backgrounds including artists, educators, and supporters. Artist applications must be accompanied by a short artist bio (no more than 5 sentences) and eight (8) digital images of your artwork to be used on website/social media. Images must be current and represent the quality, average price points, consistency, and style of work you intend to exhibit. Respective prices for each image submitted must be included; please ensure that images are of high resolution (if needed, refer to ZAPP’s Image Preparation information, addressed via the Help Center).
RULES & STANDARDS
SALES AND SALES TAX
Artists receive seventy percent (70%) of the total price of each item sold via The Harding Art Show, with the remaining thirty percent (30%) going directly to Harding Academy. Should any artwork be commissioned during the show or items be sold/commissioned within 120 days following The Harding Art Show, Harding Academy is to receive thirty percent (30%) of the total price of the item.
Exhibiting artists are responsible for Tennessee sales tax, if any, due as a result of the sales contemplated herein, on the portion of the proceeds (70% which represents the fair market value and sales tax collected) received by the artist.
For questions or additional information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|