BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Santa Fe College Spring Arts Festival 2017
Historic NE 1st Street - Downtown Gainesville
Gainesville, Florida (South)
Event Dates: 4/1/17 - 4/2/17
Application Deadline: 1/5/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
We invite you to be a part of North Central Florida’s finest annual springtime arts celebration. Dedicated to providing the ultimate experience to our artists.
Hours are: Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday noon to 5:00 pm
Statewide publicity program
Friday evening setup
12’ X 12’ space size
$25,000 in Awards (Please see detailed explanation in General Information of the Best of Show and other awards.)
and $15,000 in Purchase Awards
100,000 visitors are anticipated to attend.
We love our artists. Santa Fe Spring Arts provides exhibiting artists with Friday evening booth setup. Artists will be served coffee and a light breakfast from 7am to 9am on
Saturday. Saturday evening there will be an Artist Award Ceremony with dinner.
Spring Arts Festival is dedicated to providing the very best in service to our artists. The staff is always willing to answer your questions and provide assistance.
If you have questions or special needs, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you. We look forward to your being part of “North Florida’s Favorite Springtime Celebration”.
Daily booth sitters, 2017 Festival programs, and discounts on Festival t-shirts are available.
Upon acceptance, artists will receive an information packet containing recommended hotels including discounts at the Festival host hotel, SAF map, directions, State of Florida sales tax information and exhibitor parking permits.
2-D Juror TBA
3-D Juror TBA
$4,000 Best of Show Purchase Award $8,000
(2 awards, one in 2-D division, and one in 3-D division)
Best of Show winner and Festival Coordinator decide Best of Show purchase
award selection mutually. If a mutually acceptable work cannot be selected, then the artist receives $2,000 and the Best of Show ribbon.
$2,000 Award of Excellence $8,000
(4 awards, 2 in each division)
$1,250 Award of Distinction $5,000
(4 awards, 2 in each division)
$600 Award of Merit $3,600
(6 awards, 3 in each division)
$400 Art Cop Award $400
Best of Show winner and Festival Coordinator decide Best of Show purchase
award selection mutually. If winner does not wish to sell the work selected,
then the artist receives $2,000 and the Best of Show ribbon.
In addition, over $15,000 in pre-purchased awards are anticipated in the PATRON’S PURCHASE AWARDS PROGRAM.
All spaces measure at least 12 wide x 12 deep
Fees: Application fee is $25. Exhibition fee is $325. A limited number
of double booths are available on a first-come, first-served basis for an additional fee of $325. Include only the
$25 fee with your application. Accepted artists will be notified by
January 20, 2017 and must pay the exhibition fee by February 17,
2017. See Rule 17 for refund policy.
Ceramics - Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry. If multiple pieces of the same design are displayed, the artist must sign each piece. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted.
Drawing, Graphics or Computer Generated artwork - Works created using dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayons, etc., or from a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush. Printed works for which the artists hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens and which have been properly signed and numbered as a limited edition may be entered in this category. Digital art applicants may apply in this category.
Fiber - All work crafted from fibers. No machine-tooled, machine-screened patterns or miscellaneous forms of mass production are permitted. All factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artists, are not accepted in this category.
Glass- Glass works that are functional or decorative by design and are kiln formed or have been crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved. No forms of mass production are permitted.
Jewelry - All jewelry, whether produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials. No commercial casts, molds or production studio work is allowed.
Mixed Media 2-Dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production.
Painting 2-Dimensional works created in oils and/or acrylics and/or watercolor.
Mixed Media 3-Dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material in their production. All work should be over 1 inch in depth.
Multidisciplinary Designer-Allows artists to present more than one type of artwork. This category is meant to encourage creativity and new works. Please include in the description of materials and techniques the primary focus of your work: 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional.
Photography - Photographic prints made from artist’s original work processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing processes.
Sculpture - 3-Dimensional original work done in any medium.
Wood - Original works that are hand tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
For more information, contact us at 352-395-5355 or email email@example.com
Please see Legal Agreement.
SF Spring Arts Festival is a fine arts show for individual artists.
We value our artists and all rules as stated in Legal Agreement are enforced.
1. This is a show for individual artists and not for commercialism or dealers. Any on-site work must have prior written approval. Final interpretation of commercial status will be made by the
Spring Arts Festival Rules Committee.
2. Artists will not be limited to a maximum number of works. Only one exhibitor will be permitted in each space. A two-person team or partnership producing a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor if this is adequately explained in writing at the time of application. The displaying
exhibitor must be the same person who filed the accepted application. If you are accepted as a two-person team, BOTH artists must be present throughout the weekend.
3. “Alternate” status does not imply that the artist’s work will be chosen to participate in the Festival. Artists that are selected will be notified by Festival staff. Regardless of “Alternate” status,
NO EXHIBITORS will be added after noon on Friday, March 31, 2017.
4. All works must be original works of art done by the displaying artist. Works reproduced from the masters, from advertisements or from widely circulated photographs are not considered original works of art and are unacceptable. Only works typified by slides shall be exhibited. Exhibitor shall be personally liable for any copyright infringement, violation of copyright or other ownership interest or licenses. Exhibitor, by accepting our invitation to participate and actually participating agrees to indemnify and does hereby indemnify and hold harmless, the Santa Fe College Spring Arts Festival and Santa Fe College and Foundation for any alleged or actual infringement or violation of copyright laws or rights by the Exhibitor Artist.
5. Kit-type work, ceramics from commercial molds, mass produced items, antiques, strings of beads, shell crafts, mass produced or manufactured jewelry of settings, decoupage, embellished items, pattern or mass produced macrame, crocheting, knitting, plants, musical recordings and commercial displays are not eligible to be exhibited.
6. Reproductions must be clearly labeled as “Reproductions.” Artists may include only reproductions of their own original work. Reproductions may only constitute 15% of the entire work exhibited by an artist.
7. Wearable art is of original design and limited edition.
8. Paintings and drawings must be appropriately presented. Unframed work must be displayed in a portfolio. Artists are required to use a substantial display that will withstand wind and crowds. Plastic coverings and sandbags are urged. Each exhibit area will be subject to inspection by Festival representatives and community officials prior to and during the Festival. Each exhibit booth, at all times, will be set up and operational in a safe and professionally sound manner. The Festival reserves the exclusive right to maintain final authority as to the safety and appropriateness of all contents and structure of any exhibit space.
9. The show will not exceed 180 competitive artists from all areas and an additional 28 community artists
chosen from Alachua and Bradford County residents.
10. No skates, skateboards or bikes will be permitted on the street. This rule will be strictly enforced.
11. Only exhibits and concessions approved by the Festival will be permitted within the Festival as defined in the City of Gainesville Ordinance #2203 0-77-66 (Code 1960, & 19-9; Ord. No. 3095, & 9,
1-14-85; Ord. No. 3015, & 1, 1-21-85).
12. A table is provided at the Festival for literature and information regarding not-for-profit arts organizations. Literature distribution of any other sort is not permitted in the Festival area.
13. Exhibitor is an independent contractor and not an employee or agent of the Festival or Santa Fe College. Exhibitor and all Exhibitor personnel shall be employees, agents or subcontractors of Exhibitors and not employees of the Festival. All artists are responsible for collecting the 2017 Florida sales tax on
items sold. Artists are required to mail the proceeds to the local Florida Revenue Commission Office.
14. All entries must be for sale.
15. All work must have been completed since 2013.
16. Artists must exhibit and be present during the entire show from 9am-5:30 pm Saturday and noon-5:00
pm Sunday. Failure to comply with this rule renders the artists ineligible for prizes and admission to future shows for a period of five years.
17. All fees are non-refundable, unless Exhibitor documents in writing a personal or immediate family emergency. Clarification of Exhibitor refund policy is solely the decision of the Festival Committee. No refunds due to weather. All decisions are final.
18. The Festival reserves the right to make final interpretation of the rules.
19. “I (vendor) shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations,” with a signature line and vendor/exhibitor’s legibly printed name.
12' X 12' space size. Check-in is at the Spring Arts House, 636 NE 1st Street (Festival Boulevard). Picture ID is required. Friday evening set-up 5:30 -7:00 PM, Saturday morning set-up 6-8:30 AM. Limited number of corner and double booths available on a first-come, first-served basis. Double booths are an additional $325. Corner booths are $375.
Artists may drive up to booth during set-up times to unload. Please be mindful of your neighbors and work together to allow everyone to set-up.
Event Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|