BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Summerfest Arts Faire 2017
50 N Main Logan; Tabernacle Square in Historic Downtown Logan
Logan, Utah (West)
Show Dates: 6/15/17 - 6/17/17
Application Deadline: 2/19/17 Midnight MST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Summerfest Application Fee): $35.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
You are cordially invited to submit an application to request participation in the 34th Annual Summerfest Arts Faire (SAF) to take place in Logan, Utah, June 15-17, 2017. Summerfest is a fine art/fine craft event popular with collectors and visitors (over 60,000) and takes place at Tabernacle Square in Historic Downtown Logan, the very heart of beautiful Cache Valley. Summerfest is a juried event known for its quality original artwork.
Summerfest 2017 takes place over three days from Thursday, June 15 through Saturday, June 17, 2017. Summerfest event hours are 11am to 10pm on Thursday and Friday and 10am to 9pm Saturday. PLEASE NOTE that artists’ required hours are 11am – 9pm Thursday and Friday and 10am- 8pm Saturday (in other words, artists may close their tents one hour earlier than the festival closing time), but artists are welcome to stay open until closing time on Thursday and Friday evenings. There will be music and food available until closing each night.
No more than 150 visual artists will be invited to participate in Summerfest 2017. Artists are encouraged to apply early.
All items are required to be original works made by the artist who is applying, and who will also be present for the event. No resale manufactured goods or imports are allowed at Summerfest. All art must be original, designed and produced by, or under the direct supervision of the artist. The artist must be present throughout the festival. No representatives, though assistants/helpers are allowed. Please do not apply if you are a reseller of manufactured, mass produced goods (no buy/sell), or re-packaged commercially manufactured goods.
Accepted Media: Please look through all the media and choose where your artwork fits best. It is very important that your artwork be placed in the correct category to ensure that the jury process is fair. Please contact the Summerfest staff if you have a question.
2-D & 3-D Mixed Media
Artisan-made Culinary/Personal-care Goods: handcrafted spices, vinegars, soaps, lotions, etc.
Fiber (not wearable)
Onsite Art/Personalized Creations: calligraphy, face painting, body art, airbrushed T-shirts, etc.
Painting: oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
Toys and Games
Wearable art: leather, hats, purses, handmade clothing, etc.
The jury is comprised of an independent group of artists, educators, and art collectors, selected for their diverse knowledge of the arts. They are not Summerfest staff or employees and are compensated for their service.
Please submit four (4) images of your artwork with your application. These should honestly represent the type and quality of works you intend to display/sell. Artists must include at least one additional image representative of their booth display. This is not a photo or diagram of the canopy/tent itself. It is a photo of the merchandise display, approximating what the display will look like at the event. If this is your first event and you don’t have a booth shot, please set up a display on your kitchen table or some other location and submit it, along with an explanation of how you will make your booth attractive. The booth appearance picture can make the difference between being accepted or not accepted.
Remember: the quality of the images submitted does count! Please submit images that show your work clearly and to its best advantage. Crowded images that try to fit in everything you do are not helpful—it is better to focus well on one item against an uncluttered background. And they need to be in focus.
Any partial refund or credit will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Accepting your invitation to participate in Summerfest is a commitment to be at the Faire. A last minute emergency/illness will require documentation.
2017 "Best in Show" and “People’s Choice” awards will be given during the event.
These artists will be invited to the 2018 show with their application fee waived. “Best in Show” winner will also receive a free booth and “People’s Choice” winner will receive a coupon for $135 off their booth fee for Summerfest Arts Faire 2018.
Summerfest will provide the following services to artist exhibitors:
1. Assistance with booth set up and teardown (you will be provided with contact information upon check-in).
2. Booth sitters for breaks.
3. Artist hospitality area with complimentary beverages, snacks, and SAF and community information. Available for artists only.
4. Each artist will be featured on our website and on social media sites.
5. An event program will be published which will include a site map, a listing of participating artists, their artwork and website addresses (if provided). Inclusion in the program is only guaranteed if the application is received by the deadline, payment is made on time, and requested artwork is submitted when required.
6. Free parking is provided one block from the venue. Truck/trailer parking will be two blocks away. Please do not park your vehicle or trailer on the perimeter streets or grounds of Tabernacle Square except to load and unload. Violators will be fined and may not be invited back to the event.
7. Exhibitor gift bags.
8. Welcome reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres on Wednesday, June 14 at 6 pm.
9. CAMPSITES and LODGING. Campsites and hotels are available in abundance. Discounted lodging information will be sent out with acceptance notification emails.
PLEIN AIR/PHOTOGRAPHY CONTESTS
The 9th Annual Summerfest Arts Faire Plein Air/Photography event will take place June 9 - June 14, 2017, with professional and amateur categories. Participants may register and have canvases stamped Friday, June 9, 5pm - 8pm, and Saturday, June 10, 8 – 10am, in the Champ Fellowship Hall at St. John’s Episcopal Church (85 E 100 N, Logan). Latecomers may register in the Summerfest office at 69 E. 100 N, Monday June 12, from 8am – 10am. Completed, framed paintings and photographs must be turned in at the Plein Air tent, located on the Tabernacle grounds (50 E 100 N) in Logan, Utah, on Wednesday, June 14, between 10am and noon. Judging will take place between 2pm and 6pm on Wednesday, June 14. The awards presentation will occur during our welcome reception that evening at 6pm. A silent auction, where Plein Air/Photography entries may be offered for sale at the artist’s option (commission fees apply), will take place throughout Summerfest. The professional category will have $2,700.00 in cash prizes. The amateur category will have $380 in prizes. Professional entry fees are $40.00 for painters and $25 for photographers. Amateur entry fees are $15 for painters and $5 for photographers. Professional entry fees can be paid on ZAPP once an artist is accepted to be an exhibitor at Summerfest, or they can be paid at registration. Amateur entry fees must be paid during registration in June.
2017 ARTIST CALENDAR
December 10, 2016: Applications open
February 18, 2017: Application deadline
March 11, 2017: Selection notification sent to artists via email
April 9, 2017: Artist acceptance and payment deadline
April 26, 2017: Booth assignments sent via email
May 1, 2017: Photos for inclusion in the printed program due via email
2017 Event dates:
June 9 Plein Air check-in 5 – 8pm at 85 E 100 N, Logan (St. John’s Episcopal Church Champ Hall)
June 10 Plein Air check-in 8 – 10am at 85 E 100 N, Logan (St. John’s Episcopal Church Champ Hall)
June 12 Latecomers Plein Air check-in 8 – 10am at Summerfest office, 69 E 100 North, Logan (next door to St. John’s)
June 14 Plein Air Painting/Photography submission 10am – noon, Plein Air tent
June 14 Exhibitor check-in, noon - 6pm
June 14 Exhibitor setup, 8am – 9pm
June 14 Welcome reception and awards ceremony: 6-7pm in the Plein Air tent
June 15 Exhibitor check-in and setup, 8 – 11am
June 15 Summerfest artist hours, 11am - 9pm (Thursday)
June 16 Summerfest artist hours, 11am - 9pm (Friday)
June 17 Summerfest artist hours, 10am - 8pm (Saturday)
June 17: Teardown from 8pm-11:45pm (everything off the grounds and clean by midnight)
Please do not park your vehicles or trailers on the perimeter streets or grounds of Tabernacle Square until after 8pm.
Please plan now to attend this great event in Historic Downtown Logan, Utah, the heart of beautiful Cache Valley.
Contact info: Elaine Thatcher, Executive Director, (435) 213-3858, firstname.lastname@example.org, 69 E 100 N Logan, UT 84321.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Artists must be present during the scheduled SAF event artist hours and must personally staff their booth space (helpers are OK as long as the artist attends all three days of the event). No agents, dealers or representatives may attend the SAF event in place of the artist. Leaving early or arriving after opening may forfeit eligibility for future shows. Summerfest is a rain or shine festival.
2. Any partners (not booth helpers) listed must be instrumental in creating the artwork.
3. Up to two artists may share a booth, but each artist must be juried in separately. There will be a place on the application for the artists to indicate that they would like to share a booth space with another applying artist and whether their participation depends on that artist also being juried into the event.
4. All items are required to be original works made by the artist who is applying, and who will also be present for the event.
5. No resale manufactured goods or imports are allowed at Summerfest. All art must be original, designed and produced by, or under the direct supervision of the artist. Please do not apply if you are a reseller of manufactured, mass produced goods (NO BUY/SELL) or re-packaged commercially manufactured goods.
6. FINE ART REPRODUCTIONS may be sold only if signed and clearly marked “Reproductions.” All other work displayed must be ORIGINAL work created by the artist.
7. The artist, upon submission of images, guarantees the accuracy of the description of the artwork presented and the authenticity of the artwork as original and created by his/her own hands.
8. Artists may show only work in categories and body of work approved by the jury.
9. The selection committee reserves the right to have removed from display any artwork or items not in keeping with the event standards, anything that is mass produced, pre-manufactured, not made by the approved artist, and/or substantially different from those images submitted to the jury.
10. No ground coverings, tarps or plastic can be on the grass. Plastic tubs should be raised at least 6 inches above the grass so as to allow light and air to get to the grass underneath.
11. Summerfest is a FAMILY-oriented event. Nude, erotic, graphic and/or violent images will NOT be considered for this event. Images depicting smoking and drinking are also not acceptable due to our venue, which is a religious site. On-site representatives will be enforcing this policy throughout the festival.
12. NO PETS belonging to exhibitors or patrons are permitted on Tabernacle grounds, except certified service animals.
13. All exhibitors are responsible to collect Utah state sales tax. Temporary tax ID numbers and forms will be provided upon check-in.
14. All artists must check in at the SAF information table upon arrival. Please have photo ID.
15. For security reasons all artists must visibly wear SAF artist badges when on Tabernacle grounds or visiting the hospitality suite.
16. Vehicles or trailers may only be parked on the perimeter streets or property of Tabernacle Square during load-in and load-out, then they must be moved to designated artist parking. Participants will be provided with maps for parking locations that can accommodate trailers, etc. Do not park vehicles all day in front of neighboring businesses. Violators will be fined and may not be invited back to the event.
EXHIBITOR SPACES AND FEES
There is a $35 non-refundable application fee, which MUST accompany each application. Payments are collected through ZAPP. You may submit a Visa or MasterCard, or pay by check. Please make checks payable to: Summerfest Arts Faire. Please do not ask to postdate your check.
There are several booth sizes to choose from. PLEASE SELECT THE SIZE THAT BEST MEETS YOUR NEEDS. A 12X12 booth is $275, 24X12 (double wide) is $525 (15 available), 12X24 (double deep) is $350. Add $50 premium for a corner/end booth (limited number available). A booth is considered to be a corner/end if there is not an immediate neighbor on one or more sides. Booths and all materials required to exhibit and sell your art MUST be provided, set up by the exhibitor, and fit within the booth size you choose. BOOTHS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WHITE CANOPIED. Exhibitors may request booth placement, which will be submitted for approval on a first-come, first-served basis and is NOT guaranteed. Exhibitor spaces will be assigned by the Summerfest committee and are final.
Electricity is available for a $35 fee (for maximum 500 watts of usage) to the first 50 artists to request it. Summerfest administrators will assign these booth locations based on power outlet accessibility. Exhibitors must provide their own extension cords (you may need up to 100 feet, and cords that long must be at least 12 gauge—otherwise you run the risk of blowing our circuits).
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|