BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
King William Fair 2017 (San Antonio, TX)
King William Historical District Neighborhood
San Antonio, Texas (South)
Event Dates: 4/29/17 - 4/29/17
Application Deadline: 12/19/16 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
In it's 50th Year (!), the King William Fair is a one-day event to be held on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Approximately 45,000 visitors attend the Fair which is held on the final Saturday of the 11 days of “Fiesta”-- San Antonio's biggest and most well known festival. This event consists of approximately 185 Art and Craft exhibitors, live music and dance performances on five stages, food and beverage booths, a Kids Kingdom play area and a quirky parade. Set on the streets of the historic King William District of San Antonio, Texas, among the beauty of its stately homes and gracious gardens, the King William Fair has long garnished the reputation of San Antonio's Best Family Friendly Fiesta Event with the Quirkiest Parade.
King William Fair 2017
Fair Date: April 29, 2017
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016
The King William Fair, a major Fiesta Event since 1968, draws approximately 45,000 attendees.
The approximately185 Art & Craft vendors are but one of the five equally important components of this event. The Fair includes Art & Craft exhibitors, Food Vendors, Beverage Stations, a mile long Parade, five stages of entertainment and the Kids Kingdom which combine to create a truly unique family event.
Proceeds from the King William Fair support fine art instructional programs in neighborhood schools, fund college scholarships for inner city students, and create revitalization and preservation efforts in the King William Historic District.
The King William Fair will accept entries in the following categories: Apparel / Fiber, Ceramic, Children's Clothing, Drawing / Painting, Folk Art, Furniture, Glass, Home Accessories, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Mosaics (NEW!), Other Fun & Fiesta Stuff, Paper / Book Arts, Photography, Pre-Packaged Food, Sculpture / 3D, and Wood.
• Images: 4 (3 shots showing a variety of price point products and 1 booth shot required)
• Non-refundable Application Fee: $30.00
• All products must be original - NO BUY-SELL PRODUCTS ALLOWED
• Artist must be present at the show
• Check-in for Artist Packet pick up
• Artist Oasis
• Dedicated Artist parking areas
• Link on the King William Fair website and social media accounts
• Best in Show, Henry Rayburn Award for creativity and originality - $300
• Best Booth Display - $200
• Best Fiesta Spirit - $100.
IMPORTANT TIME/DATE INFORMATION
• Application available online at Zapplication.org: September 15, 2016
• Applications Deadline: December 15, 2016
• Exhibitor Notification: January 13, 2017
• All Fees and acceptance due: February 3, 2016
• Last day for cancellation with a full refund: March 3, 2016
• Pre-Fair set-up: Friday, April 28, 2017 (4pm - 9pm) - NO SET UP ALLOWED BEFORE 4PM
• Fair Day set-up: Saturday, April 29, 2017 (6am – 8am)
• Show Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017 (9am – 6pm)
• Fair Day Breakdown: April 29, 2017 (6pm – 8pm)
STANDARDS AND POLICIES
• The King William Fair is open only to individual artists/exhibitors directly involved in the design and creation of the work they exhibit.
• All work must be original and made by hand – fabricated forms, kits, patterns or commercial product will not be accepted. No “buy and sell” product will be allowed.
• Artists must be present during the event and must personally staff their booth. No dealers, agents or representatives will be permitted.
• Artists may only exhibit and sell work in the media category for which they submitted and are accepted. We reserve the right to reject any artist’s displayed items not in keeping with the images submitted.
• If product is not included in the submitted slides, artist may be asked to remove those items from their booth and/or they will not be accepted to participate in future King William Fairs.
• Participation in previous King William Fairs does NOT necessarily guarantee acceptance for this year’s Fair. Inquiries questioning or disputing the committee’s decisions will not be accepted. Committee decisions are final.
• The King William Fair cannot be held responsible for damage, loss or theft of work or property. Display booths and items left in place before, during, or after Fair hours are the full responsibility of the exhibitor.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
• Written notification of cancellation must be received in our office by the close of business on March 3, 2017
• We will not cancel the Fair unless informed by state, city or local officials that it will be in the best interest of safety for all.
• Spaces are 10 foot deep (measured 1 foot from curb) x 15 foot wide (measured side to side). Spaces will be marked and numbered on the curb and street. Your assigned space will be indicated on your Entry & Parking Pass in your Artist Packet.
• Vendors are responsible for their own tent or canopy (limited to 12’ height), display fixtures, shelves, etc. There is no extra space for storage. Vendors must stay within the booth boundaries and must not encroach on private property, yards, sidewalks, or driveways. NO EXCEPTIONS. When setting up, please be mindful of landscaping and plantings in spaces between curbs and the sidewalk.
• The Fair provides electrical connections for a limited number of Art & Craft vendors in select areas of the Fair Zone. You may not obtain electricity from any private home. Electrical generators are not allowed.
• Once you receive your invitation to be a 2017 Art & Craft vendor, we urge you to accept the Fair invitation and purchase your booth space as soon as possible.
• Your location is based on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED and is determined by the timeliness of your purchase.
• You are allowed to choose your location by STREET NAME AND BLOCK NUMBER ONLY (i.e. King William Street 100 block). CAREFULLY SELECT YOUR STREET NAME AND BLOCK NUMBER as there will be multiple options for selecting a location. Once all of the booth space locations are purchased on a particular block you will no longer be able to purchase space on that block and you will need to select another block on the Zapplication website.
• For returning artists, we are unable to offer same location placement from year to year. However, if you are able to secure the Street and Block number you desire through Zapplication, please note your preferred location and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
• Non-refundable Application: $30.00
• Standard Booth: $250.00
• Corner Booth: $350.00
• 110V Electrical Power (optional): $175.00
• Liability Insurance (optional): $75.00 for each booth
• Pre-packaged Food: $35.00 to cover Health Department inspection
• Insufficient Funds: $35.00 for any returned check
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|