BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Sculpture At The River Market 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Little Rock, Arkansas (South)
Show Dates: 4/21/17 - 4/23/17
Application Deadline: 2/18/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 6 (a booth shot is NOT required)
Fee (Application & Jury Fee): $50.00
Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale held in Little Rock, Arkansas is pleased to invite you to participate in our 10th Annual Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale - the dates are April 21 - 23, 2017.
Sales for the Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale have consistently increased each year, as has the attendance. Purchase Awards in 2016 totaled $47,745, in addition to the commission competition piece totaling $80,000. Additional sales for artists totaled $289,643, for a combined total of $417,388 in 2016; seventy-five percent (75%) of the artists participating had sales.
Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale is held in a great venue along the banks of the beautiful Arkansas River. It is successful as a result of its growing reputation in and around the sculpture community as a first rate show.
APPLY ONCE - - GET TWO OPPORTUNITIES!!
2017 Sculpture at the 10th Annual River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale
Our well-established Show & Sale continues to excel in attendance and sales!
7th Annual Sculpture At the River Market Commission Competition ($60,000). Artists selected into the 2017 Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale will be eligible for the 2017 Commission Competition. Commission winner will be announced the afternoon of Sunday, April 23, 2017.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
SCULPTURE AT THE RIVER MARKET FINE ART SCULPTURE SHOW & SALE 2017
Show Dates: April 21-23, 2017
Application Deadline: January 16, 2017 Midnight CST
Location: River Market Pavilions located in Riverfront Park – 400 President Clinton Avenue - Little Rock, Arkansas
SPECIAL: $60,000 -- 7th Annual Public Art Installation Sculpture at the River Market Competition
Artists who are accepted into the 2017 Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale will be eligible to submit a proposal for a $60,000 commissioned monument sculpture for the city of Little Rock. The winning proposal will be placed Riverfront Park, and a photo and detailed description will be shared in the contest communication. A maximum of 50 artists will be accepted into the 2017 Show & Sale; all who are accepted may compete for the commission. A Call to Artists application for the commission will be sent to artists after the artist has accepted an invitation to the show.
Prior winners of the Commission Competition are:
2011 - Ron Chapel – California
2012 - Bryan Massey – Arkansas
2013 - Ted Schaal – Colorado
2014 - Lorri Acott – Colorado
2015 - Michael Warrick – Arkansas
2016 - Clay Enoch – Colorado
2017 - Could be you!!
Images: Six (6) required, with pricing
Jury Fee: $50 Application processing fee (non-refundable)
Booth Fee: Free! Booth fee includes table-height pipe and drape, 10 x 15 artist space in permanent pavilion, electricity, three 6’ tables and one chair. Pedestals and black draping cloths, provided by Sculpture at the River Market for booth design, are available in limited quantities – first come-first served. Also included is: breakfast for artist and one guest; two Preview Party tickets with dinner, open bar and entertainment; dinner party for artist and one guest; and a hospitality room with refreshments.
2017 Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale will be our 10th annual event. Each year the attendance has increased, as have the artist’s sales. Sales for artists, including the commission competition winner, totaled $417,388, with 75% of artists having sales. Every artist at the Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Show & Sale will exhibit their work in a magnificent outdoor setting overlooking the Arkansas River and First Security Amphitheater in Little Rock’s Riverfront Park. The Clinton Presidential Library is located just east of the River Market and brings tens of thousands of visitors to Little Rock each year. The City, through generous donations of its citizens, has placed over 80 large public art sculptures along the Riverfront Park in the last eight years. The Vogel Schwartz Sculpture Garden, an intimate and beautiful garden is also located in Riverfront Park. This most unique Sculpture Garden showcases award-winning pieces. For more information about the City of Little Rock please visit: www.littlerock.com. You may also take a virtual tour of the sculptures in Little Rock by visiting www.LittleRockSculptureTour.com.
The Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale offers exhibitors a beautifully designed setting in which to display their work. The exhibit will be set up in the permanently covered pavilions next to the River Market Building. This handsome outdoor facility overlooking the Riverfront Park, First Security Amphitheater and the Arkansas River has high ceilings and lighting. The venue boasts indoor restroom facilities and a hospitality room specifically for artists and their representatives. A breakfast is held on Friday, April 21, 2017 for the artist and one representative.
All booths for the show will be provided with table-height pipe and drape, three 6’ tables and one chair. Additionally, the Show has a limited number of pedestals, black tablecloths and plastic stacking cartons for the artists to use – these are available on a first come-first-served basis. Each booth measures approximately 10’x15’. Electricity is available on site and included in the booth fee. If your display requires electricity, please stipulate it on the entry form.
The Preview Party, a private ticketed event, will kick off the weekend show on Friday night. Last year we hosted over 500 art lovers who enjoyed libations, dinner and entertainment while viewing and purchasing sculpture. To view video from the 2016 Preview Party, visit http://sculptureattherivermarket.com
The Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale is open to all fine art artists who are residents of and/or working in the United States. The sculpture should be created primarily as an aesthetic expression, no craft. Work must be produced by the sculptor or under their personal supervision. Work should be made by hand or with appropriate tools and casting techniques. Eligible media categories include metal, ceramics, glass, wood, resin and stone.
Please note: When using www.Zapplication.org to apply to Sculpture at the River Market, Zapp requires all artists to submit images and pricing as part of the jury process.
2017 Show & Sale
January 16, 2017 Entry form, images (with pricing) & application fee deadline for 2017 Show & Sale. Application must be submitted through www.zapplication.org
February 1, 2017 Jury process complete
February 4, 2017 Artists notification
February 9, 2017 Deadline for artists to reply to show invitation
April 14, 2017 Artists inventory lists for the Show & Sale due
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Set up of large monument-sized sculpture (1:00pm – 5:00pm)
(Must make arrangement with Janell Mason)
Friday, April 21, 2017
Breakfast (8:00am) Mandatory Attendance
Set up of show (9:00am – 3pm)
Jury show – awards (3:00pm – 5:00pm)
Preview Party (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
Saturday, April 23, 2017
Show hours (9:00am – 5:00pm)
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Show hours (10:00am – 4:00pm)
Dismantle booths (4:00pm – 6:00pm)
Proceeds from the Show & Sale will benefit the City of Little Rock’s public art program.
• Show management will assign booths. Booth space rental is included in application fee. Electricity included in Application Fee.
• A one/third (33.3%) commission will be taken on each sale and those sales resulting from the show.
• All sales and sales tax will be handled by the show at a central location in the River Market Plaza.
• Each artist is allowed to exhibit up to 15 and not less than 10 sculptures in their booth at any one time. Work no more than 5 years old shall be admitted.
• All work exhibited shall be of the same quality as work submitted for jury.
• There will be an outdoor area for display of up to three (3) monumental/life size sculptures per artist.
• One photo of artist’s work will be added to the website where all artists are listed www.SculptureAtTheRiverMarket.com.
• 24-hour security provided beginning Friday, April 21, 2017 ending Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
• Applicant will not be admitted to Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale if they are showing in a simultaneous show in Central Arkansas.
• One image on the description list will be used for the website (sculptureattherivermarket.com), along with artist’s name, if you are selected for the show, unless committee deems it not to be appropriate.
• Along with the six (6) images you will submit, you must also submit the following information: title, price, size, medium, year completed.
• Cancellation: No refunds
• Artists are responsible for proper insurance and protection of work and setup. Sculpture at the River Market will not be responsible for damage to work or setup whatsoever and artist agrees to fully and forever indemnify and hold harmless Sculpture at the River Market, its officers, directors and volunteers for any loss or damage of any kind.
• All artists must be present during show hours.
• There will be no quotas for Sculpture at the River Market. Artistic excellence and a well-balanced show are the criteria for selection of exhibitors.
Please enter the Show & Sale by going to the web site: http://www.zapplication.org
• Deadline is January 16, 2017
• Permanent 3 dimensional original work in metal, ceramics, glass, wood, resin and/or stone
• 6 images of your work, with pricing, medium and dimensions
• A $50 Application fee can be paid on-line at Zapplication or by check (made out to Sculpture at the River Market) mailed to:
Sculpture at the River Market
315 Rock St, Suite 1800
Little Rock, AR 72202
• Booth fee is included in the application fee. Also included in the application fee are: breakfast for artist and one guest; two Preview Party tickets with dinner, open bar and entertainment; dinner party for artist and one guest; and a hospitality room with refreshments.
• Please follow all instructions carefully. Incomplete applications or those submitted without an Application Fee will not be considered complete. Do not apply if you are unable to be present throughout the published hours of the show.
• All work exhibited and sold must be original works of art.
Selection of artists for the 10th Annual Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale will be made by a qualified jury. The jury members will select artists based on their work as shown in their entry images.
There will be minimum Purchase and Merit awards of $10,000.00, which will be selected on April 23, 2017. Maximum Purchase Awards are determined by percentage of sales during the show. Purchase Awards in 2016 totaled $47,745 in addition to the commission competition award of $80,000. The jury shall select one “Best of Show” award for $1,500. Three “Merit Awards” ($250 each) will also be awarded.
Security will be provided, but each sculptor exhibits all work at his or her own risk and should carry appropriate insurance. The venue will be secured when the show is not open and guarded on site by the Little Rock Police Department and/or private security. Sculpture at the River Market, the City of Little Rock, all sponsoring organizations, and their directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers, are not responsible for damage, theft, damage or loss of artwork of any kind whatsoever.
ENTRY SUBMISSION AND AGREEMENT
Artist’s entry form must be received no later than January 16, 2017. By submitting an entry to this show, the artist agrees to the conditions set forth in this prospectus and allows Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Show & Sale and the City of Little Rock the right to reproduce submitted images for promotional and sale of purposes.
Thank you for your interest in 10th Annual Sculpture at the River Market Fine Art Sculpture Show & Sale.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|