APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Riverside Arts Weekend (RAW) 2017
Guthrie Park, 90 Bloomingbank Road
Riverside, Illinois (Midwest)
Show Dates: 5/20/17 - 5/21/17
Application Deadline: 3/27/17 Midnight CST
1 day(s) and 9 hour(s) remaining
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
DUE TO ZAPP INTERRUPTION, OUR APPLICATION DEADLINE IS EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 6TH.
The festival is held in beautiful Guthrie Park near the historic Metra Line train station in Riverside, IL.
Riverside is a historic picturesque town just west of downtown Chicago and easily accessible by both public transportation and highways.
RAW is a not for profit organization committed to the arts. Riverside Arts Weekend is sponsored and supported by the Village of Riverside, the Riverside Chamber of Commerce, community businesses and art patrons.
Festival hours are 10 - 5 Saturday and 10 - 4 Sunday.
Contact D & W Events, dwevents.org or 847-726-8669 for more information.
Complete the on line application ( Zapp), submit 4 current images of your work and 1 booth image along with your jury fee.
If you wish to apply in two different media, please submit two application fees.
Pay through Zapp, or mail checks to:
D & W Events, Inc.
Long Grove, IL 60047
PLEASE REFERENCE THE ARTIST NAME ON ALL FORMS OF PAYMENT.
DEADLINES FOR 2017
March 1 Application Deadline DEADLINE EXTENDED DUE TO ZAPP INTERRUPTION NEW DATE: MARCH 6TH
March 3 Jury Start EXTENDED DATE: MARCH 9TH
March 8 Jury End EXTENDED DATE: MARCH 11TH
March 10 Begin Artist Notification EXTENDED DATE: MARCH 13TH
March 31 Invitation and Purchase Deadline - Artists must accept their invitation to show at the festival and submit their booth fee by this date. Please contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate payment methods.
April 7 Cancellation: Last day for 100% refund LESS $75.00 administrative fee.
April 21 Cancellation: Last day for 50% refund less $75.00 administrative fee.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THIS DATE.
Jury Fees: $30 each media
If you wish to apply in two media, please submit 2 applications and 2 jury fees.
Standard 10x10 booth - $300.00
Corner booth - $375.00
Double booth - $600.00
Double corner booth - $675.00
ELIGIBILITY AND ACCEPTED MEDIUMS
Participation is open to all fine art and fine craft. The following media will be included in each show:
We are proud to offer the following artist amenities at all of our festivals:
JURY & JUDGING
Acceptance/non acceptance notification will be sent via email. Please make sure the email associated with your ZAPP account is current as that is the email used.
If you have not received notification by March 15th, please contact us immediately.
We would like to include your website in our festival brochure. If you wish to take advantage of this additional marketing opportunity, please include your website address when submitting your application.
ARTIST DISPLAY RULES
1. All work must be the artists' original handmade work. Production, mass produced, kits, molds, stencils etc. are not permitted. Artists may not sell promotional items such as t-shirts. If you wish to sell note cards or postcards, make sure your booth image shows them. Card stands are not allowed. Artists whose work does not comply with the rules or differs from the slides submitted, will be asked to remove said items or leave. No refunds will be given.
2. Artists must be present both days, all hours, of the festival. No representatives allowed.
3. Late setups and early shut downs are not allowed.
4. Artists are responsible for providing their own white tents, displays, setup and weights. Each tent pole should have a minimum of 40 lbs of weight. If it is deemed that your weights are insufficient, you will be asked to correct the situation. If that is not possible, you will be asked to leave the show with no refund. Milk jugs with sand or water, uncovered bricks or other such items are not considered acceptable weights. In addition to function, please consider how your weights look.
5. New this year: Some artist spaces may be on pavement or grass. If you have a preference, please indicate so.
6. Tents are available for a fee, upon request.
7. Standard display space is 10’ x 10’. All spaces are assigned. We will attempt to honor requests.
8. All table legs must be covered with table cloths, to the floor.
9. Storage items may be stored behind tents or under tables. If stored under tables, items should not be visible. If behind tents, stack items so they are neat and tidy.
10. Awnings and tent extensions are allowed but must be a minimum of 7' high.
13. Reproductions are allowed but only on one tent wall and must be labeled as such.
11. Two bins of reproductions is allowed and must be appropriately labeled.
12. Your booth is your gallery! Unprofessional/amateurish displays are not allowed. If your work should be framed, frame it! Cardboard corners are not allowed. Artist will be asked to correct any unsatisfactory or unstable displays. If no remedy occurs, artist will be asked to leave the festival, immediately, with no refund.
13. Only artists juried in jewelry may have jewelry in their booths.
14. Umbrellas are allowed in artist chairs. Fasten them securely.
Illinois state law requires all adults follow proper tax filing procedures. Illinois tax forms will be available on our website. If you have an Illinois tax number from a previous year or if you already file in Illinois, you do not need a new number. The state has a record of your festival participation so make sure you file!
Sales tax varies from city to city. We will inform artists of the rate prior to the festival.
Each festival's tax form is different. Please direct any and all questions regarding taxes to the Illinois Department of Revenue (800) 732-8866.
Submission of this application indicates your acceptance of our Liability/General Release as shown in Legal Agreement within.
SET UP INFORMATION
All artists may begin set up on Friday, May 19th at 3 pm.
Be prepared to cart your tent and work. We're working with the police department to redirect traffic so booths may be drop and go. We will keep you updated.
There is reserved artist parking, day and overnight for trailers, nearby free of charge.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW