Francisco's Farm Arts Festival 2017
Midway, Kentucky (South)
Event Dates: 5/20/17 - 5/21/17
Application Deadline: 2/2/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
Francisco's Farm Arts Festival is a two day outdoor juried fine arts and craft event. It is held in Historic Midway, Kentucky in the Bluegrass region known for its beautiful horse farms. The venue is Midway University, known for its equine, nursing and education programs. The purpose of the event is to allow visitors to interact with artists and purchase their work. There will be a potential 90-120 exhibit slots determined by a jury of non-applicant professional artists and other arts professionals. Artistic excellence is the sole criterion for selection of exhibitors in a blind jury process.
Francisco's Farm accepts applications in the following exhibition categories:
2 dimensional (oils, acrylics, drawings, pastels, mixed media, watercolors, photography, original prints)
3 dimensional and sculpture (ceramic, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, stone, wood)
- extensive regional marketing and promotion
- postcard invitation mailing to select patron lists
- promotional materials provided to artists
- loading and unloading assistance
- volunteer booth sitting
- overnight security
- February 1, 2017 - Final deadline (Applications postmarked after February 1, 2016 will not be opened or returned)
- March 1, 2017 - Decision letters mailed to all applicants
- April 1, 2017 - Deadline for payment of fees
- May 1, 2017 - Exhibitor packets sent to artists
- May 1, 2017 - Cancellations postmarkd on or before May 1 will receive 50% refund. No refund after May 1.
- May 19, 2017 - Exhibitor set-up
- May 20, 2017 - Festival opens at 10am – closes at 6pm
- May 21, 2017 - Festival opens at 10am – closes at 5pm
All work exhibited must be original, designed and produced by the artist. Reproductions in two-dimensional art must be of high quality, be marketed as such, and preferably be numbered in a limited series. Artists selling reproductions of their work are required to also sell originals.
Judging for Artistic Awards takes place on Saturday and award winners are announced on Sunday morning. Artistic excellence is the criteria.
Work made from, or based on, commercial patterns, molds, stencils, or kits purchased or copied from a publication. Work made from combining purchased commercial objects, unless commercial objects are minor, functional components of the overall design. (Note: Assemblage of commercially produced items is generally not considered to be handcrafted work and is discouraged; however, strongoverall design, interpretation, and originality can affect the end result.)‘Consumable Art’ – soap and bath products, candles, food products
- All artists are required to register on site on Friday, May 20, prior to setting up their booths. No early check-in or set-up is available.
- Artists must be present with their work for the entire show – packing up before 5pm on Sunday is unacceptable; any artist leaving early will not be invited to future shows.
- Artists may only exhibit the category of work for which they are accepted to Francisco’s Farm 2016. Francisco’s Farm Staff will check all booths and artwork for adherence to rules and advise exhibitors of infractions that require immediate attention. Non-compliant artwork must be removed from booth.
- Exhibitors may not sell promotional items such as postcards, calendars, t-shirts, and other non-original, mass-produced promotional items.
- Vehicles and Trailers may not be parked within the exhibit area or visitor parking areas during the show. Exhibitors must park only in areas designated for their use.
- Extension to the rear of booths for storage is permissible to the extent that it does not interfere with adjacent exhibitors or traffic flow.
- Exhibitors are responsible for event-quality 10’x10’ or 10’x20’ tents that will protect their contents in the event of inclement weather. Tents and display materials must be constructed in a safe and stable manner.
- Tables must be draped to the ground unless table legs are an essential element of the display.
- Boxes, wrapping paper, bags, and general clutter must be concealed from view.
- Exhibitors are responsible for maintaining and leaving their assigned areas free of refuse and in good condition.
- Devices that produce sound must be operated in a manner that does not infringe on the rights of neighboring exhibitors. Francisco’s Farm Staff reserves the right to determine the acceptable sound level.
- Intoxication at the Festival is prohibited. Exhibitors may not bring pets to the Festival.
- Exhibitors using generators must ensure quiet, odor-free operation that presents no safety issue nor imposition on neighboring exhibitors or visitors. Festival staff will determine whether generators are compliant and will disallow use of noncompliant generators. Non-compliance with any Rule may result in expulsion and/or ineligibility for future participation
- On campus lodging is not avaliable. Camping (witha an RV, camper, tent, hammock, etc) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the campus of Midway University. Lodging options can be found on our website.
Booth Fees & Assignments
- $275 10x10
- $550 10x20
- Ample space is provided for storage behind booths
- Booth layout is made with consideration for traffic flow, good balance of media, and special health-related needs of exhibitors.
- Space assignments are at the sole discretion of the Festival and are not interchangeable.
- $25 per exhibitor. Limited availability.
- First requested, first reserved basis.