BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Crosby Festival of the Arts 2017 — 52nd Annual
Toledo Botanical Garden
Toledo, Ohio (Midwest)
Event Dates: 6/23/17 - 6/25/17
Application Deadline: 3/9/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
Crosby Festival of the Arts is a highly recognized fine art show. Since 1965, Crosby Festival has been held at Toledo Botanical Garden (formerly Crosby Gardens), set amidst the beauty of gardens and nature. Now celebrating its 52nd year, this festival is heralded as Ohio’s oldest outdoor juried art festival and as THE fine art festival in Northwest Ohio. As the only show of its size and caliber in our region, participating artists are received enthusiastically by over 20,000 visitors and 700+ preview party guests each year.
Crosby Festival of the Arts (CFA) is a two day art show taking place Saturday & Sunday. A Preview Party is held on Friday evening, so that Festival patrons can be the first to see and purchase art, while enjoying heavy hors d’oeuvres, cocktails, and live music. The 52nd Annual Crosby Festival of the Arts dates are as follows:
Mediums accepted for Crosby Festival of the Arts are: Ceramics, Fiber, Glass, Graphics, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Wood.
All participating artists are eligible for medium and overall show awards. A panel of judges will evaluate artists’ work throughout the show and then award one overall best of show award, and awards for each medium. Three awards (cash prize) will be given in each medium (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).
All award winners are automatically accepted into the following year’s show, but must still submit their application for the Festival staff’s planning purposes.
CFA ranks among the best for artist services. Artists are treated to dinner Friday night and a continental breakfast each morning. Other services include 24 hour security (including overnight), an air-conditioned artist lounge with artist-only restrooms, volunteer booth sitters, ATM machine on grounds, hotel discounts, and more.
Pets are not permitted on the grounds of the Garden. Upon request, contact information for local pet daycares and kennels will be provided.
Free artist parking is available at the Garden, with continuous shuttle service running from the parking area to the main Festival grounds. Artists are permitted to drive up to their booth during designated set-up and tear-down times, including prior to the opening and after the closing each day of the Festival.
Jurying is conducted by panels of no less than 3 experienced art professionals, who review each medium. Jurying is based on the quality of work as illustrated by the images provided. The images are viewed simultaneously and grouped by media. Important info about the jury process:
Festival staff then view the show as a whole to be sure it is balanced and representative of all mediums. Up to 5% of participants may be at the discretion of Festival staff.
Approximately 220 artists are chosen to participate in the Festival including award winners from the previous year who are automatically invited to return.
Key Dates & Deadlines
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017 (No exceptions!)
Notification of Invitation to Artists: March 17, 2017
Artist deadline to accept invitation and pay booth fee
May 19, 2017
May 26, 2017
80% refund; less $20 processing fee
10 x 10 booth ($180.00) ~ 10 x 10 corner booth ($300.00)
There will be no refund after May 26, 2017.
Crosby Festival of the Arts is a highly selective fine art fair and we pride ourselves in the quality of art that is presented during the weekend. Prior to applying, please make sure your work reflects the requirements listed in the following criteria:
1) Applicants must create 100% of all work displayed. Unacceptable work includes, but is not limited to: mold work, decoupage, dough art, dried or live plant arrangements, kit work, knitting/crocheting, manufactured items, studio work, production work. Absolutely no buy-and-sell items.
2) Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. Only artists displaying their own work may participate. No more than two artists may collaborate on work. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
3) Each artist must be present for the entire show, including the Preview Party. Artists may not use proxy or stand-in exhibitors and must be present with their work for the entire three days of the festival. Artists will be asked for identification at registration.
3) Two-dimensional artists may sell offset reproductions as long as each item is clearly signed and labeled. Reproductions cannot make up more than 25% of the artist's display stock. Printmakers may exhibit ONLY signed, numbered, hand-pulled prints. Paintings and drawings must be original, one-of-a-kind works.
4) Artists may only display the specific type of work(s) in the medium(s) accepted by the selection jury. Jewelry, for example, cannot be exhibited by another medium without being screened and accepted by the selection jury. It is the jury council's discretion to change artists’ medium to maintain the quality and reputation of the festival.
5) Artists selling unacceptable items or work not consistent with submitted images will be asked to remove said items from the booth by the jury council.
6) Festival staff reserve the right to close any booth selling, or displaying, objectionable items, or not complying with Festival policies. Artists not complying with policies may be expelled from the festival and will be ineligible for future festivals.
7) All work must be for sale.
**To ensure that all artists are in compliance with the rules, a Festival representative will visit each booth on Friday evening to make sure work on display is representative of images submitted to the jury.
CFA is an outdoor art festival surrounded by the beauty of Toledo Botanical Garden, which certainly beats hot asphalt! This also means that we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. The weather in late June in our region is unpredictable, so our best advice: be ready for anything.
This also means we cannot guarantee that your booth space will be on completely level ground.
Below is the listing of prices broken down by booth size.
10' x 10' Standard Booth $250
10' x 10' Corner Booth $400
10' x 20' Double Booth $500
10' x 20' Double Corner Booth $650
Booth spaces: Once accepted into the show, you will receive notification on how to select your booth spaces. Please note that we try to accommodate all artist requests for specific spaces and areas, and typically work on a first requested, first served basis. However, Festival staff reserve the right to place artists where needed in order to maintain a balanced show.
Electricity is only available on a limitied basis and for a $100 fee. Another option is a personal generator that meets the following specfications: operate between 53 and 59 decibels (no more than 60 decibels – the Honda EU2000-I generator is a good example of the standard, super-quiet generator allowed). If there are complaints of noise, smell, location of generator, etc. the Festival staff reserve the right to tell the artist to turn off, not use, or move the generator.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|