Palmer Park Art Fair 2017
Detroit, Michigan (Midwest)
Show Dates: 5/6/17 - 5/7/17
Application Deadline: 2/14/17 Midnight PST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
The Palmer Park Art Fair brings a high quality fair back to Detroit. This 200 acre park is convenient to many of the cities wealthiest areas. It runs along Woodward- a major commuter route. Our attendees prove that high-quality artwork sells in the city. The residents of these neighborhoods have higher incomes and very low housing costs so they have some of the best rates of disposable income anywhere.
Over the last decade, Detroit has lost many of its most popular events. Now with a resurgence of energy and support for the arts we will provide a venue for artists to meet patrons and buyers. The city is home to many amazing artists, young and old, contemporary and traditional. We also invite fine artists from around the country to experience the city.
Palmer Park is surrounded by some of Detroit's wealthiest neighborhoods. Palmer Woods is the home to 5,000 square foot homes for doctors, lawyers, business owners and others with the means and desire to purchase art. To the east is the Golf Course district, followed by the University District and Sherwood Forest with its elegance and quality residences. South is the Apartment District, home to huge condos and apartments with marble floors that are returning to their 1920s splendor.
Integrity Shows already produces successful events in nearby cities, including the Royal Oak Clay Glass & Metal Show, voted one of the top 50 shows in the country by Art Fair Insider. The producer lives near Palmer Park and is active with People for Palmer Park, our nonprofit partner for this event.
This is the time and place to embrace Detroit.
ART FAIR RULES
The following are the rules applicable to your participation in the art fair. You may participate in the art fair only in accordance with these rules. No other document, including your purchase orders or similar documents (even if signed or acknowledged by Integrity Shows), shall modify these rules. If you do not agree with or abide by these rules, you may not participate in the art fair.
1. Your work must be original and created by you as the artist. If we have reason to believe that your work is not original and created by you, we reserve the right to make reasonable inquiry into the origin and authenticity of your work. High quality prints are acceptable as long as they were included in your application. If you fail to cooperate in our investigation or if we determine that your work is not original and created by you (e.g., if the work was created by another artist and purchased for resale by you at the art fair), you may, at your election, either (a) immediately and completely exit the fair without refund, or (b) remain at the fair but re-classified as a "commercial" booth, the rent for which will be adjusted to the commercial rate of $2500. If you elect to re-classify your booth, the difference between your initial rent payment and the adjusted commercial rent will be immediately due and payable.
2. Your work may only be in the medium and styles as presented to and accepted during the application process. This includes a proportional representation of the medium and styles presented to and accepted.
3. You must provide your own tent and display as presented in the application process. All tents must be staked or have a minimum of forty (40) pounds of weight securely attached to each corner.
4. Electricity is not available.
5. Your booth area will be designated by lines or other demarcation. Your tent and displays must remain in the booth area assigned to you at all times.
6. You may not share a booth, unless all artists sharing the booth have been accepted by the jury and prior arrangements for sharing have been made and accept by us.
7. All art must be available for sale. You acknowledge and agree that you are required by law to collect and remit Michigan sales taxes. Call the Treasury Department, (517) 373-0888, to register.
8. Integrity Shows reserves the right to cancel your acceptance to the art fair at any time prior to the show with no further obligation to you except a refund of your previously paid booth fees (if any).
9. You authorize us to use your name, image, and likeness, as well as representative samples of your work, for purposes of promoting and advertising the art fair.
10. You may cancel your participation at the art fair at any time and for any reason. If we receive your cancellation before March 15, 2017, you will be entitled to a full refund. Refunds will be made within 30 days after receipt. If we receive your cancellation between March 15 and April 15, you will be entitled to a credit in the amount of your fees which may be applied to the next Palmer Park Art Fair. No refunds after April 15, 2017.
11. Your booth must remain open during all event hours. At least one of the artists listed on your application must be present during the event.
12. You acknowledge the inherent risks associated with outdoor, public displays of your art work . YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER INSURANCE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR WORK AND SETUP. Integrity Shows, and its partners are not responsible for loss or damage. You must list the following with a minimum coverage of $1 million. "Integrity Shows Inc., Box 21667, Detroit, MI 48221; The City of Detroit and the Detroit Recreation Department, 2 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48226 and People for Palmer Park, Box 43735, Detroit, MI 48735"
Please contact us if you need assistance in obtaining annual or show specific insurance coverage.
13. The show will be held unless the event management (or city or municipal official) determines that there is a threat to safety. If show hours are reduced or the event is canceled there is no refund.
14. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Palmer Park Art Fair, Integrity Shows Inc The City of Detroit, The Detroit Recreation Department and the People for Palmer Park for any damages.
15. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time with prior written notice to you. You acknowledge that the venue may have rules of its own and agree to abide by those rules as well.
A variety of sizes are available to best suit your needs, with 10x10 spaces starting at $295.