APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING EVENTS
Sioux City Art Center's ArtSplash 2017
Riverside Park- 1301 Riverside Blvd. Sioux City, IA 51109
Sioux City , Iowa (Midwest)
Event Dates: 9/2/17 - 9/3/17
Application Deadline: 5/1/17 Midnight CST
8 day(s) and 17 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $25.00
2017 Artist Prospectus & Application
Art Center's ArtSplash cordially invites you to apply to be an exhibitor at our 2017 festival of the arts. ArtSplash enjoys an attendance of 15,000 visitors in beautiful Riverside Park! A celebration of the visual and performing arts, the two-day event provides the tri-state area with a family-centered arts adventure of exceptional quality. Art Center's ArtSplash strategically innovates, seeking new and creative ideas for the betterment of the festival and community. Proceeds from ArtSplash fund education and exhibition programs at the Sioux City Art Center.
Artists are our first priority at ArtSplash.
A team of volunteers is dedicated to making your festival experience great!
Some comments from the 2016 Artist Survey:
“Great Pre-Show Communication and Easy Load In”
“Your Volunteers are Numerous and Kind. A+”
“The Artists' Dinner is Fantastic and Generous!”
Join Us in 2017!
Please read this prospectus in its entirety. Artists applying are responsible for the information contained herein. The show reserves the right to refuse any application and rescind an extended invitation should the artist misrepresent himself or herself.
Art Center's ArtSplash is held on Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend with 15,000 people on average in attendance (2016 estimate based on paid and complimentary admissions plus free children's attendance numbers). Set in picturesque Riverside Park, ArtSplash offers a juried art show, hands-on art projects for children as well as adults, musical and theatrical entertainment, and diverse food vendors. Known in the region as a premier family-friendly festival, the interesting mix of visual arts, ethnic foods and entertainment draws a diverse cultural populace from within our community. ArtSplash is a community outreach and fundraising project of the Sioux City Art Center. Proceeds from the festival go to fund education and exhibition programs year round. The fun and friendliness of this festival is a public decree of our philosophy that art is for everyone!
January 1, 2017
2017 Application available
May 1, 2017 Midnight, CST
May 2, 2017
Our three-person jury convenes to select 90 to 120 exhibiting artists.
May 16, 2017
Jury results due to Show Director.
May 26, 2017
Notification by email
*90 to 120 juried artists will receive an invitation to exhibit, dependent upon quality and medium of applications.
*Artists who advanced to the final round of jurying but were not invited to exhibit are considered alternates and will be notified of their alternate status.
July 14, 2017
Deadline to accept invitation to participate, and remit booth fee.
Friday, September 1, 2017
Artist Load-In begins at 8:00 a.m. (Schedule is set one month out and sent by separate email)
ArtSplash Festival Hours
Saturday, September 2, 2017
Public Visual Arts Show 10am - 6pm
Sunday, September 3, 2017
Public Visual Arts Show 10am - 5pm
Riverside Park is located in Sioux City, Iowa. The attractive park boasts plenty of adjacent FREE parking for our patrons and easy accessibility for all.
ArtSplash attendance is approximately 15,000 persons. Intense local and surrounding area marketing is directed toward a diverse audience of individuals likely to be interested in the visual arts, as well as a broad sector of the community for the two-day festival. While the majority of our audience is from the Sioux City metro area, we attract a significant number of Midwestern art patrons from a two-hundred-mile radius.
ArtSplash strives to bring the excitement of the visual arts to the region through family-centered education, exhibition, and entertainment through a family-centered arts adventure of exceptional quality. Art Center's ArtSplash is a project of the Sioux City Art Center. Art Center's ArtSplash is managed by a team of professionals from the Sioux City Art Center. Proceeds fund education and exhibition programs, and helps the Sioux City Art Center remain free to the public.
Best of Show - $1,200
Best 2-D - $500
Best 3-D - $500
6 Excellence Awards - $250
Judging begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. Saturday.
Artists are our first priority at ArtSplash. A team of volunteers is dedicated to making your festival experience great! Artist amenities include:
The fourth image is mandatory. If a booth image is not available, submit an image taken of a grouping of works representative of the works to be exhibited at the show. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is represented both in the first three images and also within the fourth image. It also helps identify the scale of the artist's work.
Note: this is a blind jury process, DO NOT submit booth images with any identifiable sign, or photo of the artist themselves.
A panel of three paid jurors, all professional artists or educators, will select artists in a blind jurying process. Jurors also select alternates for the show. Alternates will be automatically added to a wait list and notified of their status. Approximately 20 of the up to 120 spaces are reserved for past award winners and the ArtSplash signature artist. Points are awarded based on originality of work shown, salability, and a desire to keep the media in the show balanced. The jury will use the following standards to guide their decisions in filling the available spaces:
Jury and Booth Fees
A single booth has 1 selling side (a 10’ section across the front; booths abutting on both sides (1' buffer) and 3’ deep by 10' wide of storage space along the back of the booth).
A corner booth has 2 selling sides (a 10’ section across the front and one side; booth abutting on one side (1' buffer) and 3’ deep by 10' wide of storage space along the back of the booth). Corner availability is limited and we may not be able to fullfill all corner requests. No screens, paneling or products may be placed in aisles between corner booths.
A double booth has 1 selling side (a 20’ section across the front; booths abutting on both sides (1' buffer) and 3’ deep by 20' wide of storage space along the back of the booth).
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Art Center's ArtSplash Festival.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
ArtSplash is designed for artists who create and execute original, professional quality work. The Sioux City Art Center Staff and ArtSplash Committee will monitor the show for misrepresentation and to ensure compliance with the rules and standards. Artists will be required to remove all work that is questionable and/or not in compliance. Continued violation of the rules or failure to cooperate with ArtSplash Staff and Committee may result in expulsion from the show and ineligibility for future shows.
1) All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
2) Artists accepted for participation MUST be in attendance during the entire show. No agents, dealers, apprentices, employees or representatives may attend in place of the artist(s).
3) Accepted artists may not exhibit in other shows during the dates of ArtSplash.
4) All artists are required to check in at Artist Check-In before setting up their booth. Picture ID will be required upon arrival.
5) Only one artist may display per booth unless the work produced is a collaboration of two artists.
6) All work displayed MUST be produced by the exhibiting artist or a two-person team collaboration and MUST be consistent with the images submitted. Work produced by apprentices or employees is unacceptable.
7) Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category/medium in which he/she was accepted.
8) Only artists accepted in the Jewelry category may exhibit or sell jewelry; all jewelry regardless of materials must be entered in the Jewelry category.
9) Any artwork, reproduced by mechanical means, i.e., photo-offset, or any other reproduction technique must be labeled as a “REPRODUCTION” and placed in browse bins. Framed reproductions may be hung on only one wall of the booth not to exceed 10 linear feet and they must be labeled as reproductions. Limited editions and monoprints of photography/digital art excluded.
10) Multiple employee studios engaged in production work are not eligible to participate.
11) Absolutely no buy-sell. No merchandise such as coffee cups, note cards, calendars, or other items mass produced from an original piece of artwork will be permitted.
12) Items made using commercial molds or patterns and hobby crafts are ineligible.
13) No posters, postcards, t-shirts, personal merchandise or food products can be sold at the show.
14) Displaying ribbons and awards from other shows is not allowed.
15) Artists who sell their entire body of artwork must remain with their booth for the duration of the show.
16) Unless requested to do so, or granted permission by the festival director, artists may not break down displays/booths or depart before closing time on any day of the show. Any artist doing so will not be allowed to return the following day or to future shows.
ArtSplash strives to make refunds available that are fair and agreeable to both parties. Your submission of this application creates an obligation and expectation for you to exhibit and participate in the festival according to the itemized guidelines.
Cancellations must be in writing, faxed or emailed for a refund. The following refund schedule will apply:
Booth spaces are on concrete or grass and measure 10’x10’ or 10'x20', with a 1' buffer on each side. Artists are expected to provide their own 10’x10’ or 10'x20' canopied, white tent and displays, which should be sufficiently sturdy to withstand weather and crowds. Artists should be prepared for inclement weather with rain covers, tie-downs, and weights. Booths must have at least 40 lb. weights on all four corners, with additional weight required if wind gusts are forecasted, and staking is only allowed on grass. Artists will be held liable for any damages made by their tents and/or displays. Each artist is responsible for his/her own tent and display in case of damage or loss. There will be room measuring approximately 3' wide behind the tent for storage. All storage must be neatly concealed within space provided. ArtSplash will attempt to accommodate specific booth requests; however, no booth space request will be guaranteed. A limited number of corner spaces are available for an additional fee. Artists will have the opportunity to purchase booth spaces upon notification of acceptance. Generators are not permitted; however, battery powered lighting and fans are acceptable. Electricity is available in a limited number of booths for an additional fee and must be arranged before the festival. No on-site requests for electricity can be accommodated.
Set Up & Parking
STAKING OF TENTS IN GRASS LOCATIONS ONLY. CANOPIES, DISPLAY PANELS, OR TIE-OFFS TO TREES ARE NOT PERMITTED. Come prepared with the appropriate 40 lb weights per pole. Onsite Parking will be available in a designated artists’ area. Load-in is highly accesible, with most locations drive-up ready for initial drop off. Communication on load-in is sent well in advance of the show.
No rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bicycles during the Festival
No pets allowed; with the exception of service animals
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW