BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Sunriver Art Fair 2017
Village at Sunriver
Sunriver, Oregon (West)
Show Dates: 8/11/17 - 8/13/17
Application Deadline: 3/3/17 Midnight PST
The application deadline has passed.
Images: 6 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee - Non Refundable): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
The 8th annual Sunriver Art Fair will be held August 11, 12, and 13, 2017, in beautiful Sunriver, Oregon. This 3-day juried event showcases artists selling their fine original art in a charming outdoor village setting. Sponsored by the Sunriver Women's Club (SRWC), all proceeds earned by the club from application and booth fees help support nonprofits in Central Oregon.
August is high season in Central Oregon's premier vacation getaway. Located 15 miles south of Bend, Sunriver is a planned residential and resort community. The combined population of Sunriver, Bend, and the surrounding area is over 100,000. During peak season, upwards of 20,000 visitors are common, augmenting a large and appreciative buying audience. This year the Art Fair coincides with the 40th annual Sunriver Music Festival, a major event that draws many visitors who are interested in the arts. Also in August 2017, a major international astronomical event, the total eclipse of the sun, will be focused in central Oregon, bringing thousands of visitors from around the world. http://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/oregon/
The Sunriver Art Fair is dedicated to supporting visiting artists to ensure that they have a successful experience. Feedback from artists has been extremely positive:
"The organization of the show and generosity of the organizers make this show a stellar experience."
"Your treatment of artists is above and beyond! The artwork is of great quality."
Background and Purpose:
The Sunriver Art Fair is the major fundraiser for the Sunriver Women's Club philanthropy efforts. Since 2000, the SRWC has distributed over $500,000 in cash and goods from our various activities to organizations that support the arts and education and provide assistance to vulnerable families.
Nine years ago, several local artists and other dedicated club members agreed that an art fair would be a win-win event: it would offer artists a lovely venue for displaying their art while adding to our donation funds.
In 2016, ArtFairInsiders.com named the Sunriver Art Fair one of the top 50 Art Shows in the Nation (# 38) and ranked it # 1in the Best Small Town Art Fair category. The art shows in the survey are chosen by a nomination survey sent every other year asking art fair patrons to nominate the shows they think should be on the survey.
Thursday, August 10
• 8:00 am – 7:00 pm: Registration and set-up for artists.
(Security will be provided Thursday night)
Note: Set-up must be completed on Thursday; Friday morning set-up is not allowed.
Friday, August 11
• 9:30 am - 6:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
Saturday, August 12
• 9:30 am - 6:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
• 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Street Dance
Sunday, August 14
•9:30 am - 4:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
• 4:00 pm - until done: Artist take-down (Please note: no early take-down allowed)
* December 1, 2016 - Date artists may begin submitting applications on ZAPP
* March 3, 2017 - Application deadline (we cannot extend this deadline)
* March 27, 2017 - Date by which artists will be notified if they have been accepted
* April 10, 2017 - Deadline for artists to accept or decline invitation to participate
* May 2, 2017 - Booth Fee Due (directly to SRWC)
* June 30, 2017 - Full refund request deadline
Standards and Rules:
Artists in all fine arts and fine crafts are welcome to apply. Artists must be present during all show hours, all days, and show only their own work in the category in which they are accepted.
We will provide:
• Assistance locating lodging: rentals, RV parks, campgrounds, home stays, etc.
• Designated parking area for artists.
• Security on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 6:00pm to 7:00am the following morning.
• Hospitality Center with food, drink, rest area, and more.
• Floating volunteers ("booth sitters") to provide breaks for artists.
• Electricity at some booths. This must be requested in advance.
• Best of Show Award.
The jury panel is composed of members of the Central Oregon art community. You are required to submit five digital images of your work that represent what you PLAN TO BRING TO THE FAIR, plus one of your outdoor booth.
All images are juried anonymously, so please be sure your name (or business name) does not appear anywhere, including on your booth. Work is scored on a scale of 1 – 5 for quality, creativity, originality, and craftsmanship. The Fair’s Executive Committee has final discretion regarding acceptance of artists.
Judging for Best of Show takes place on the second day of the Fair.
Hints for Submitting Images of Your Art Work
Acceptable Fine Art and Fine Crafts Categories:
• CERAMICS: All original clay work is acceptable in this category. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted. Painted green ware is not eligible.
• DRAWING: Original works executed in pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, pen, ink, etc.
• GLASS: Original works only. No mass production work is permitted.
• GOURD ART: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work, with or without applied decorations.
• JEWELRY: No commercial casts, molds, settings, or production studio work is allowed.
• METALWORK: Functional or sculptural works in copper, steel, pewter, or other metals.
• MIXED MEDIA: Includes 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of material.
• PAINTING: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, tempera, encaustic, etc.
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Prints made from the artist’s original image must be processed by the artist or under artist’s direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing process, especially with regards to any manipulation.
• PRINTMAKING: Hand-pulled original prints that are signed and numbered in limited editions by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: 3-dimensional original work done in any medium.
• TEXTILES: Includes basketry, weaving, leather, and fine wearables. No machine tooling.
• WOODWORK: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work.
More Words from Some of Our 2016 Artists:
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|