Excelsior Art on the Lake 2017
Excelsior, Minnesota (Midwest)
Event Dates: 6/10/17 - 6/11/17
Application Deadline: 3/7/17 Midnight CST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Non-refundable jury fee): $25.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
Announcing the 37th Annual Excelsior Art on the Lake, June 10th and 11th, 2017. Excelsior Art on the Lake is an engaging creative event that connects the artist's personal story with a vibrant lake community, while showcasing an array of outstanding artistic work from multiple disciplines.
The historic lakeside village of Excelsior draws art enthusiasts from across the Minneapolis/St. Paul area with its unique shops, galleries and restaurants. Excelsior Art on the Lake provides an inspiring experience for both the artist and the public. Local musicians will entertain and regional food vendors will be onsite throughout the two - day event.
2017 Excelsior Art on the Lake
Dates: June 10 & 11, 2017
Times: Saturday 10 am to 6 pm & Sunday 10 am to 4 pm
Watch a short film from Art on the Lake - click here
ARTIST AMENITIES AND SERVICES:
- Complimentary coffee and pastries each morning
- Booth sitters
- Free shuttle service
- Ample free parking
- Overnight police security
- Load-in/out Boy Scout assistance available for a fee
JURY PROCESS: Excelsior Art on the Lake utilizes a blind jury. The judges panel is made up of art professionals with a broad range of experience and perspective. In choosing participants the jury will look for artists whose personal creative story is reflected in their originality, creativity, quality of representative images and mastery of work.
- Jury fee: non-refundable $25 per entry
- Jury requirements: 3 images of your current artwork and 1 image of your booth display
- If your work is in more than one category you must apply separately in each category. Each category will be juried separately and require its own jury fee. A single booth fee will cover accepted categories. You may only show work from the accepted juried categories.
- Categories: Ceramics, Drawing and Printmaking, Recycled/Green Art, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Textiles, Wood
Debbie Hart was the original founder of Excelsior Art on the Lake, the awards are given to artistis who exemplify Debbie's spirit and values. Four "Debbie Hart" Artist Awards will be given. Each winner receives a cash prize and will be invited back the following year with jury and single booth fee waived. Judging for the Debbie Hart awards will take place Saturday, June 11 at the start of the show.
Criteria for the Debbie Hart judging process is as follows:
- Quality of craftsmanship
- Booth presentation
- Personal interaction and public engagement
- Artist name and booth number listed in the 2017 Excelsior Art on the Lake program and website.
- Each artist's work is featured on the Excelsior Art on the Lake Facebook page beginning two months prior to start date of the show.
- Exhibitors are provided marketing support in local media, print, newspapers, magazines, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Excelsior Art on the Lake website, and more.
- Frequent Email blast to distribution list of 9,000+ residents and shoppers in the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka area.
Single Booth Fee (12' X 12'): $275
Double Booth Fee (24' X 12'): $500 (limited availability)
Corner Fee (Additional): $75
Accepted artist cancels within 90 days of show: 50% refund
Accepted artist cancels within 60 days of show: 25% refund
Accepted artist cancels within 30 days or is a no-show: 0% refund
- Artist must provide their own tent. Space allows for a 10' x10' (single) or 20' x 10' (double) tent with 2' of storage behind.
- This is an outdoor event located only feet away from Lake Minnetonka. The weather can be inclement, so please plan accordingly.
- Weighted tents are required and booth inspections by the Excelsior Fire Department are mandatory. Tent requirements will be sent out after booths are purchased.
- It is required that booths stay in place and are manned by the artist for the entirety of posted hours on June 10 and 11, 2017. Artists who break down displays or depart before closing time on any day of the art fair jeopardize participation in future Excelsior Art on the Lake shows.
- This is a rain or shine event, weather can change and be unreliable, there will be no refunds given in the case that the show is cancelled due to severe weather.
- Weather will be monitored using the NOAA Weather radar system, decisions will be made and must be adhered to regarding weather cancellations by the South Lake Minnetonka Police Department, representatives from the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce, and members of the Excelsior Art on the Lake Committee.
ARTISTS RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- All work must be original, handcrafted work. One of a kind work is preferred and encouraged. Reproductions of original artwork and/or prints may be sold but may not comprise more than 40% of the entire booth.
- Artists must prominently display an Artist Statement along with a photo of the artist.
- Artists must be present and must show their work for the duration of the show. No commercial dealers or agents are permitted to represent the artist.
- No work made from commercial kits, molds, patterns, stencils, etc. is allowed.
- Only work that was juried into the show can be present and all artwork must be available for sale.
- Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are accepted.
- All artists booths will be monitored to ensure only juried media is being sold. Any artist found selling items that were not accepted by the jury will be told to remove those items immediately. Non-compliance with this policy will result in artist being asked to shut down their booth and non-admittance into future Art on the Lake shows.
- Artists must have a Minnesota Tax ID number and submit a completed Minnesota ST-19 form to the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce within 30 days of acceptance to the show.
- Artists are responsible for the collection, reporting and payment of all taxes. TAXES: 7.275% Hennepin County, Minnesota Sales Tax.