Fine Craft @ Chase Center on the Riverfront | Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Chase on the Riverfront - Wilmington
Wilmington, Delaware (South)
Show Dates: 7/29/17 - 7/30/17
Application Deadline: 2/8/17 Midnight EST
The application deadline has passed.
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee): $20.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
The PA Guild of Craftsmen ( Est.1944 ) showcases American-made Fine Craft at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, Delaware. The Chase Center is located in an arts & entertainment district of the city, with restaurants, sports centers & theaters in walking distance and ample free parking. This indoor facility is contemporary and well designed.
Guild floor juries for monetary Jury Awards for : Excellence in Craftsmanship, Resolved Design, and Unique Voice.
This quality craft show draws patrons from the Wilmington metropolitan area, New Jersey, Philadelphia, its suburbs, and Northern Maryland. This is a gated event, with informed customers who come to buy, and are art & craft lovers. This show is primarily fine craft but we accept fine art for this show.
The Guild's Fine Craft Show(s), are established amongst artists and buyers as premier events in the Wilmington & Philadelphia areas. While many artists are from the Pennsylvania & Delaware areas, artists from across the country participate in our shows. The PA Guild of Craftsmen’s (a 501C3 non-profit) headquarters are in Lancaster, PA, where we offer classes, and run The Guild Craft Gallery store. Guild shows are a primary pillar of support for continuing the work of the Guild to promote the importance of craft, craft education, and provide display and selling opportunities for craftsmen. The PA Guild has 13 active chapters around Pennsylvania.
- Submissions representing the finest quality craftsmanship are welcome.
- You are not required to be a Pennsylvania resident to participate in PA Guild shows.
- Membership in the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is required and must be current ( you may apply for membership with your application )
- For each show, exhibitors in each medium are limited to ensure a show offering variety, quality & balance.
- Applications due by February 5, 2017; Notifications posted on Zapplication March 1, 2017.
1)To assure that exhibiting members work is consistent with their application and Guild standards.
- All items must be the hand crafted work of the craftsperson of record and must conform to PDC standards: excellence in craftsmanship, resolved design, and a unique voice or style.
- Fine Art is accepted to the Fine Craft at Chase Center Show.
- Photography must be signed limited edition only, prefer framed/mounted; at least must be matted and sleeved.
- Guild shows feature original works by fine craft professionals, therefore these categories are NOT acceptable: assemblages, commercial products, buy – sell items, work made from kits, consumables such as but not limited to: soaps, lotions, perfumes, candles, and nor food products of any kind.
- All shows are onsite juried the first day of the show. All work displayed must be representative of work submitted in your application or you will be asked to remove it. Failure to comply with PGC rules or misrepresentation of work may result in expulsion from the show.
- On site jurying (Floor Jurying) at shows is done for 2 purposes:
2) To Jury for show awards.
NEW THIS YEAR - Exhibitors must apply separately ( on Zapp ) to each Guild show they wish to participate in. Your are welcome to apply any or all the shows. Each show is juried by a different jury.
Wilmington Fine Craft @ Chase Center - July
Rittenhouse Fine Craft - Spring - May
Rittenhouse Fine Craft - Fall - October
- All exhibitors must be current members of the Guild. Guild Membership must be paid and current, in order for an exhibitor to participate in a show. The Guild reserves the right to cancel artist acceptance to a show if membership fee is unpaid / not current at time booth payments are due and paid. You may apply to the show and pay membership upon acceptance.
- Jewelry as Adjunct: For those who apply in their primary craft (ex: pottery, glass, metal or other ), and wish to show/sell jewelry they also make, must submit a separate application. Artists are not permitted to sell jewelry unless they have applied and been accepted in the category; 5 additional images of jewelry must be submitted with a second application. Artists may only display work that is accepted to the show. It is possible that your primary craft maybe accepted while your jewelry is not.
- Sales Tax: There is no State Sales in the state of Delaware ( Chase Center show ). A valid sales tax certificate is required only for PA shows. You must include a Sales Tax ID# on your application. ( PA Dept of revenue 717-787-1064. www.revenue.state.pa.us)
- Attendance & Set-up: The craftsperson of record, as listed on the application, must be present during the entire show. Registration is required prior to setting up. Booths must be set-up , staffed, and open on time and for all show hours.
- All loading and unloading must be done during specified / assigned times. Exhibitor’s cars must adhere to posted local parking regulations, and park in specified locations.
- Shows are held rain or shine. NO early breakdown is permitted unless advised by the Guild due to inclement weather conditions.
- Demonstrations: Special demonstrations are available at some shows. If accepted, a complimentary 5ft x 10ft space maybe available. Demonstrations must be dynamic presentations that inform the public of the importance of handmade crafts and the process involved. Demos are expected to be ongoing, comprising 1/3 to ½ of your full booth. Exhibitors are required to have an onsite assistant to handle sales. Only Guild Master artisans are eligible for demonstrations.
- Payments: Application fee must be paid at time application is submitted. Booth fees must be paid by or before due date. Exhibitors submitting declined credit cards will be charged an additional $ 25 fee to reprocess payment. All payments must made via Zapplication· Waitlist : If placed on the waitlist. Your payment will not be processed until you are added and confirmed for the show.
- Cancellations Policy & Procedure: Your application submission is your commitment to participation in the show. You will have approx 25-30 days from date of notification to confirm & pay for your space in a show you are accepted to. If exhibitor does not make booth payment on-time their booth/ place in the show may be forfeited. In the event you must cancel your participation in a show, you must notify us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Refunds are made as follows:
- More than 90 days or more before starting date of show , and your space can be filled, a 2/3rds booth fee will be refunded; minus $25.00 processing fee.
- 60-89 days prior to starting date of show, and your space can be filled, a 1/3rd booth fee will be refunded; minus a $25 processing fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to starting date of show– no refunds will be issued.
- Application & membership fees are nonrefundable.
- Insurance for loss , damage, injury, or liability is the applicant/exhibitor’s responsibility.
- Pets are not permitted at the show or in exhibitor’s booth.
- No generators are permitted.
- Exhibitors provide all aspects of their display ( Pipe & drape may be ordered for this show )
- Bringing your own lighting is highly recommended for this show. Although there is good lighting in the hall, work is best showcased with your own in booth lighting.
- Exhibitors are expected to have a professional display for their work. All boxes , additional stock and supplies must be stored out of sight a/o covered so they are not visible to customers or unsightly for neighboring exhibitors.
- No seconds or sale signs permitted.
- All booths must have a back drop on 3 sides ( corner requires 2 sides ) providing a visual barrier the entire width, depth, and height of the booth.
- Indoor Shows - Exhibitors must bring documentation that all display fabrics, canopies and curtains are flames resistant. Exhibitors must bring a booth frame and have curtain or walls for sides & back; or exhibitors may able rent pipe & drape for fee.
- No booths may exceed 8ft tall without prior approval.
- Nothing in your booth may extend beyond your booth footprint ( ex: chairs, display, stock, signage etc )
- BOOTH FEES:
- 10 x 10 Booth : $ 490.00
- 10 x 15 Booth : $ 720.00
- 10 x 20 Booth : $ 940.00
- 5 x 10 Booth : $ 370.00
- Corner ( Add) : $ 115.00
- Electric ( Add) : $ 50.00 ( up to 500watts for 10x10 or 5x10 booth )
- Pipe & Drape ( Add ) : $120.00 ( for 10x10 & 5 x10 booth; Larger booth require's a quote.