Rittenhouse Square Fine Craft - Fall 2017 | Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
Rittenhouse Square - 18th & Walnut Streets
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Northeast)
Phone: 717-669-6278 -Show Coordinator
Event Dates: 10/13/17 - 10/15/17
Application Deadline: 5/15/17 Midnight EST
21 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application/Jury Fee): $20.00
You can submit up to 2 applications for this show.
As of April 1, The Guild is accepting a second round of applications in select categories only.
**Sorry, Jewelry & Fiber-Wearable are completely full.
The show is nearly full but we have some space available to balance the show in the following categories only:
Ceramics, Mixed Media, Paper, Photography, Glass, Metal,Wood, Fiber – Other ( not wearable )
The PA Guild of Craftsmen, showcases American-made Fine Craft in the heart of Philadelphia’s historic Rittenhouse Square. It is a thriving, walk able area of the city, alive with restaurants, offices, high income residents, businesses, museums and universities. This highly attended show draws customers from Philadelphia, surrounding suburbs, New Jersey, Delaware & Maryland. Show attendance also benefits from being in a highly tourist attended area of the city.
The Guild floor juries for monetary Jury Awards for: Excellence in Craftsmanship, Resolved Design, and Unique Voice.
The Guild's Rittenhouse Fine Craft Show(s), are established amongst artists and buyers as a premier event in Philadelphia. The show is open to artists from across the country. The PA Guild of Craftsmen (a 501C3 non-profit) headquarters are in Lancaster, PA, where it offers classes, and operates The Guild Craft Gallery store. Guild shows are a primary pillar of support for continuing the work of the Guild to promote the importance of craft, craft education, and provide display and selling opportunities for...
- Submissions representing the finest quality craftsmanship are welcome.
- You are not required to be a Pennsylvania resident to participate in PA Guild shows.
- Membership in the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen is required and must be current ( you may apply for membership with your application )
- For each show, exhibitors in each medium are limited to ensure a show offering variety, quality & balance.
- First Round Applications due by February 5, 2017; Notifications posted on Zapplication March 1, 2017.
- Second round applications for select categories only ( see above ) due by May 15th; Notifications by or before May 30.
- All items must be the hand crafted work of the craftsperson of record and must conform to PDC standards: excellence in craftsmanship, resolved design, and a unique voice or style.
- Fine Art - paintings, printmaking,etchings and sculpture are: not accepted to the Guild's Rittenhouse Square shows. You may wish to apply to the Rittenhouse Fine Art Show ( produced by a different organization ).
- Fine art is only accepted to the Wilmington Fine Craft at Chase Center Show
- Photography must be signed limited edition only, prefer framed/mounted; at least must be matted and sleeved.
- Guild shows feature original works by fine craft professionals, therefore these categories are NOT acceptable: assemblages, commercial products, buy – sell items, work made from kits, consumables such as but not limited to: soaps, lotions, perfumes, candles, and nor food products of any kind.
- All shows are onsite juried the first day of the show. All work displayed must be representative of work submitted in your application or you will be asked to remove it. Failure to comply with PGC rules or misrepresentation of work may result in expulsion from the show.
- On site jurying (Floor Jurying) at shows is done for 2 purposes:
- 1) To ensure that exhibiting members work is consistent with their application and Guild standards.
- 2) To Jury for show awards.
NEW THIS YEAR - Exhibitors must apply separately ( on Zapp ) to each Guild show they wish to participate in. Your are welcome to apply any or all the shows. Each show is juried by a different jury.
Rittenhouse Fine Craft - Spring - May
Wilmington Fine Craft @ Chase Center - July
Rittenhouse Fine Craft - Fall - October
- All exhibitors must be current members of the Guild. Guild Membership must be paid and current, in order for an exhibitor to participate in a show. The Guild reserves the right to cancel artist acceptance to a show if membership fee is unpaid / not current at time booth payments are due and paid. You may apply to the show and pay membership upon acceptance.
- Jewelry as Adjunct: For those who apply in their primary craft (ex: pottery, glass, metal or other ), and wish to show/sell jewelry they also make, must submit a separate application. Artists are not permitted to sell jewelry unless they have applied and been accepted in the category; 5 additional images of jewelry must be submitted with a second application. Artists may only display work that is accepted to the show. It is possible that your primary craft maybe accepted while your jewelry is not.
- Sales Tax: A valid sales tax certificate is required for PA shows. You must include a Sales Tax ID# on your application ( PA Dept of revenue 717-787-1064. www.revenue.state.pa.us) There is no State Sales in the state of Delaware ( Chase Center show ).
- Attendance & Set-up: The craftsperson of record, as listed on the application, must be present during the entire show. Registration is required prior to setting up. Booths must be set-up , staffed, and open on time and for all show hours.
- All loading and unloading must be done during specified / assigned times. Exhibitor’s cars must adhere to posted local parking regulations, and park in specified locations.
- Shows are held rain or shine. NO early breakdown is permitted unless advised by the Guild due to inclement weather conditions.
- Demonstrations: Special demonstrations are available at some shows. If accepted, a complimentary 5ft x 10ft space maybe available. Demonstrations must be dynamic presentations that inform the public of the importance of handmade crafts and the process involved. Demos are expected to be ongoing, comprising 1/3 to ½ of your full booth. Exhibitors are required to have an onsite assistant to handle sales. Only Guild Master artisans are eligible for demonstrations.
- Payments: Application fee must be paid at time application is submitted. Booth fees must be paid by or before due date. Exhibitors submitting declined credit cards will be charged an additional $ 25 fee to reprocess payment. All payments must made via Zapplication· Waitlist : If placed on the waitlist. Your payment will not be processed until you are added and confirmed for the show.
- Cancellations Policy & Procedure: Your application submission is your commitment to participation in the show. You will have approx 25-30 days from date of notification to confirm & pay for your space in a show you are accepted to. If exhibitor does not make booth payment on-time their booth/ place in the show may be forfeited. In the event you must cancel your participation in a show, you must notify us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Refunds are made as follows:
- More than 90 days or more before starting date of show , and your space can be filled, a 2/3rds booth fee will be refunded; minus $25.00 processing fee.
- 60-89 days prior to starting date of show, and your space can be filled, a 1/3rd booth fee will be refunded; minus a $25 processing fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to starting date of show– no refunds will be issued.
- Application & membership fees are nonrefundable.
- Insurance for loss , damage, injury, or liability is the applicant/exhibitor’s responsibility.
- Pets are not permitted at the show or in exhibitor’s booth.
- No generators are permitted. Deep cell batteries maybe used for booth lighting.
- Exhibitors provide all aspects of their display.
- Exhibitors are expected to have a professional display for their work. All boxes , additional stock and supplies must be stored out of sight a/o covered so they are not visible to customers or unsightly for neighboring exhibitors.
- No seconds or sale signs permitted.
- All booths must have a back drop on 3 sides ( corner requires 2 sides ) providing a visual barrier the entire width, depth, and height of the booth.
- Outdoor Shows - Exhibitors must have a tent sturdy enough to withstand weather for outdoor shows including but not limited to rain, and strong winds. Exhibitors must have a min 50 pound weight(s) for each corner of their tent, securely connected to their tent. Exhibitors without tent weights may be asked to leave the show.
- Indoor Shows - Exhibitors must bring documentation that all display fabrics, canopies and curtains are flames resistant. Exhibitors must bring a booth frame to have side & back walls,; or exhibitors maybe be able to Rent pipe & drape ( see applications for costs )
- No booths may exceed 8ft tall without prior approval.
- Nothing in your booth may extend beyond your booth footprint ( ex: chairs, display, stock, signage etc )
- BOOTH FEES:
- 10x10 inline Booth : $ 525.00
- Two sides open : $ 80.00 ( inline booth w/ extra space open side )
- Premium Corner : $ 120.00 ( on walkway of the square )
- Quality tent rental : $ 395.00 ( Includes weights, table & chairs )