APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Ocala Arts Festival 2017
Downtown Ocala, FL
Ocala, Florida (South)
Show Dates: 10/28/17 - 10/29/17
Application Deadline: 7/15/17 Midnight EST
111 day(s) and 3 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Ocala jury fee): $35.00
About Ocala Arts Festival
FINE ARTS FOR OCALA (FAFO) was established in 1966 to promote the appreciation of fine arts and education in the community and is a non-profit corporation. Since its inception, FAFO’s main focus has been the OCALA ARTS FESTIVAL. The FAFO board consists of no more that twenty-five community minded volunteers. These individuals, from a variety of backgrounds, work tirelessly year-round to bring the arts closer to the people of Central Florida.
2016 Best of Show and Award of Excellence Winners are the only winners guaranteed an invitation and are exempt from the Jury and the Jury Fee but MUST STILL SUBMIT an Application.
You are invited to apply to the 2017 Ocala Arts Festival in Historic Downtown Ocala, Florida.
• The 2017, 51st Annual Ocala Arts Festival is limited to 170 Artists
• ALL Applications must be submitted by Friday, July 15th, 2017.
• Blind judging will be completed no later than July 28th.
• They do not know who you are, how many times you have been in Ocala Art Festival & the awards you have won, please keep that in mind when choosing the 4 photographs you submit.
• Notification of acceptance will be done by email NO later than August 3rd.
• If you are accepted into the show, the Booth Fee must be paid no later than August 21st
• Booth fees paid after August 21st, will have an additional processing fee of $50.
Number of Artists Exempt from Jury: 3, Best of Show & 2 Award of Excellence Winners.
Parking: Free and reserved parking provided to each exhibitor
Load-In: Access booth directly with vehicle
Attendance: 25,000+ guests
ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL AND SIGNED BY THE ARTIST.
2017 Awards Program - $22,000 In Awards!
$4,000.00 - Best In Show
$2,000.00 - 2 Awards of Excellence
$1,000.00 - 7 Awards of Distinction
$500.00 - 10 Awards of Merit
$2,000.00 - Purchasing Awards
• Awards given at discretion of Judges.
• Award winning artists will be recognized at the Saturday Night’s Artist Dinner and presented a Ribbon to display in their booth on Sunday.
• Award winner’s checks will be delivered to the Artists’ booth on Sunday
Jury fee is $35.00
• Application for Jury closes 12am, July 15, 2017
• The non-refundable jury fee check will be deposited on receipt.
• The Jury Fee can be paid through ZAPPlication, or paid directly to FAFO by credit card by calling 352-867-0355, or by mail by sending booth fee to: Fine Arts For Ocala, P.O. Box 6229, Ocala, FL. 34478. Make Checks payable to FAFO.
• You must submit four (4) images: Three (3) artwork images (with no signatures), and One (1) booth image with your artwork displayed.
• Your authentic booth image (that is, an actual photo/image of your booth) should display your current artwork and should not have any identifiable markings. That means no booth cards; no signage and no people or pets should be shown in the photo.
• No artists’ names are used during the selection process to guarantee complete impartiality.
• Please update your Photographs, our Jurors only see the 4 photographs you submitted & your ID number. THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE, or how many times you have been in Ocala Art Festival & the awards you have won, so please keep that in mind when choosing the 4 photographs you submit.
• Booth images may not be created in a computer program or manipulated, enhanced or otherwise affected by a computer in any way.
• The booth image must include the entire booth, not a portion.
• The booth image must be that of your outdoor booth (no indoor booth image)
• A note about the booth image. The booth image shows the jury your body of work, provides dimension and scale, a sense of artistic and creative presentation, and reflects what your booth will look like at the show. It will also report to the jury if the work submitted in the individual images reflects your current style and overall body of work.
• PLEASE NOTE: Your application will be rejected if these rules are not followed
• One jury session is held.
• The session is judged by guest jurors and the FAFO Jurying Committee.
• Jurors are selected for their experience and expertise. A diversity of backgrounds and skills is sought, including artists and educators.
• Artist applicants remain anonymous.
• All four images are projected simultaneously and are viewed in the random ZAPP ID order on laptops.
• 3 photographs of your work and 1 of your booth. The purpose of the booth image is to ensure the artist has a complete body of work which is represented in the first 3 images. It also helps identify the scale of the artist's work.
• Images must accurately represent the body of the artist's work to be exhibited at the Arts Festival.
• Scoring is 1 (low) to 7 (high), based on originality, creativity, design, technique, craftsmanship, production methodology, and Booth Presentation.
• Jury scores are combined and averaged.
• Selection is by the jury process only.
• The decisions of the judges are final.
• Notification of acceptance will be done by email NO later than August 3, 2017.
• 24-Hour Security
• Artist Packet
• Artist and Assistants Name Tags
• Complimentary water & snacks on both days
• Friday Check-In & Set-Up. Saturday Check in available but must be set up by 8 am
• Artists’ Oasis with refreshments available all day
• Free Artists’ Parking
• Booth Sitting staffed by Volunteers
• Saturday and Sunday morning Breakfast
• Saturday Night Artists’ Dinner & Awards Presentation
• Art Festival Program distributed at the event and archived on FAFO.org website
• Award Winners featured on FAFO.org website & Facebook
• Website & Social Media coverage of the Art Festival with Links to the Artists Websites, if provided.
• Extensive media promotions throughout Central Florida leading up to the Festival
ARTIST RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Only Fine Craftsmen and Artists displaying their own ORIGINAL Artwork may participate.
• Only Artists selected by the FAFO jury may exhibit work.
• Artists must be 18 years or older to submit
• Please make sure there is NO PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION on your BOOTH IMAGES, we conduct a Blind Jurying Process.
• Update your Photographs with your current work & booth image, sometimes the booth image is the deciding factor of acceptance.
• The ARTIST MUST BE PRESENT at the show on Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM to 5 PM.
• NO Proxy exhibitors will be allowed. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist.
• Photo ID required. The Arts Festival requires photo identification at check-in to ensure compliance.
• All work must be created since 2013, available for sale and typified by the images submitted with the application.
• NO MACHINE - MADE or MASS PRODUCED work is allowed.
• All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
• Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
• No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
• FAFO reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
• FAFO reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Festival and for future promotion materials for FAFO.
• Artists may only show work in categories and body of work selected by the Jury.
• All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work of that shown in the images juried.
FINE ART REPRODUCTIONS
• Mechanical reproductions of your original artwork (photo offset, letterpress, photocopy, gravure, giclees or inkjet prints) – including those receiving additional modification or enhancement by the artist – must be matted and may not be sold as framed art or hung alongside original works.
• They must be clearly and individually labeled as "Reproductions."
• Reproductions must be displayed within the assigned booth space in a browse bin labeled "Reproductions."
• If you are found to have framed reproductions hanging in your booth, the FAFO Committee will be visiting booths on Saturday and Sunday, and will ask you to move them to a browse bin.
• Photographic prints must be made from the artist’s original negative or digital files, and processed by the artist or under the artist’s supervision. Prints must be properly signed and numbered in reasonably-sized editions.
• Digital art must be original artwork created by the artist on a computer and must be signed. Original, limited edition prints of digital art will be permitted and must be signed and numbered as part of a reasonably-sized edition.
• Ceramic, wood, glass and metal artworks must be handmade by the artist. No machine-made or mass produced artwork is allowed. If more than one piece of the same design is displayed, each must be signed.
• All original artwork should be appropriately framed or mounted. Unframed watercolors, drawings, graphics and photos must be displayed in a portfolio or browse bin.
• This show is for artists and craftsmen, and not for commercialism or dealers.
• Final interpretation of commercial status will be made by the FAFO Art Festival Committee.
• Exhibitors whose artwork does not correspond to the quality represented in their ZAPP images may be asked to remove their entire exhibit without fee refund.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROHIBITED
• Reproductions of original artwork
• Copies of original artwork and works reproduced or copied from works of masters, advertisements, commercial or widely circulated photographs or offset prints
• Work purchased from an outside source for resale
• Production artwork in any category
• Work created by kits, velvet paintings, manufactured or kit jewelry, art supplies, commercial signage or displays, decoupage and ceramics cast from commercial molds
• Traditional crafts such as soaps, candles, scented oils and homemade food items should not be entered into this event.
• Mass-produced note cards, commercial books, etc.
• Artwork created before January 1, 2013
• Artwork not in the category in which the artist applied and was accepted
• Unsigned artwork or work not using archival materials
• Alcohol or sound systems
• DIGITAL ART
• DRAWINGS & GRAPHICS
• MIXED MEDIA – 2D
• MIXED MEDIA – 3D
The following will not be accepted :
Crocheting, knitting, picture frames, velvet paintings, live plants, kites, dolls, windsocks, t-shirts, manufactured or kit jewelry, ceramics or metal cast from commercial molds, decoupage, candles, beads, novelty shell craft, manufactured toys, etc. Artist postcards, note cards, books must be the work of the artist. Posters are not allowed. CD, cassette, or other musical recordings are not allowed. Only artists who have been accepted into the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry.
All works must be for sale.
Active solicitation of the public in any manner is prohibited.
Standard Booth: $250.00 (tax incld)
Late Fee: $50.00 will be charged if the artists accepts the invitation after the Acceptance Deadline due to processing fees
Booth Fees / Acceptance of Offer to Exhibit:
• An artist who is selected by the jury will receive and invitation from FAFO. If they accept they will log into Zapp and pay the booth fee of $250 for a regular booth or $310 for a corner booth (only 30 corner booths are available and they sell out quickly, subject to change).
• The Deadline to accept the invitation is August 22, 2016.
• Failure to respond by the deadline may result in revocation of the invitation and immediate invitation of an alternate artists from the waiting list.
• Artists canceling their participation in the Ocala Arts Festival must notify the office, stating your name and category.
• September 1st, 2017 is the deadline for Refunds.
BOOTH SPACE & TENT INFORMATION
• There is no electricity available.
• Generators must be PRE-APPROVED by FAFO. You will be asked to remove them if you do not have prior permission.
• ALL Exhibitors 10 x 10’ white or off-white tents must be supplied by Artist and have sides for security and inclement weather purposes.
• Exhibitors must provide a substantial display for outdoor exhibition, be prepared for rain, and some
• All work must be contained within the assigned exhibit spaces, which are approximately 10X10’. With a 2’ space behind for Artist Storage. (Booth space approx. 10’ wide x 12’ deep)
• Spaces may not be shared. If two artists collaborated in the production of the work, both names must be on the application and both artists must be present in the booth during the entire festival.
• Artists who wish to show in more than one category, must submit a separate application, be juried in each category, and must have a booth space for each category exhibited.
• ZAPP requires a separate and distinct profile to apply to one show in multiple categories.
• Allocation of spaces will be at the discretion of FAFO. Requests for specific spaces will be honored whenever possible.
• Artists will be allowed to retain the same Booth Space, if they choose, for 2 consecutive years and then they will be moved to a new location in order to rotate the show and give other artists opportunities in different locations.
• A single booth space is $250, corner booth is $60 extra, only 30 corners booths are available (subject to change). Each exhibitor will have a space measuring 10' deep by 10' wide with limited of storage in back. All items must be kept off the sidewalks & landscape per City of Ocala Law for safety purposes. This law is enforced.
• The artist’s display, including booth and viewing bins, must be contained within this space.
• Area around the booth must be kept organized & professional.
• Artists may request a row or corner booth on their application, these requests will be assigned on a first-come, first served basis from the date their application is received.
• The work of only one (1) artist may be displayed in each assigned space.
• A minimum of six (6) pieces must be displayed.
• Artists are to provide their own display booth, racks and/or tables in order to display their work in an outdoor downtown urban environment.
• The Ocala Art Festival is a family-oriented event, and exhibits must be in keeping with this atmosphere.
• The Booth Fee can be paid through ZAPPlication, or paid directly to FAFO by credit card by calling 352-867-0355, or by mail by sending booth fee to: Fine Arts For Ocala, P.O. Box 6229, Ocala, FL. 34478. Make Checks payable to FAFO.
• Each Artist will be given a check-in time based on booth location.
• Artist check-in and Registration will be open on Friday, October 27, 2017 starting at 7am, it closes at 7pm at the Artist Check-In Tent. If you will be arriving later than 7pm, please contact the office for further instructions. You may set up on Saturday at 6am, but you must be completely set up by 9am. Check-in location will be in the information booth, please stop by to pick up your Artist’s Packet.
• It is Mandatory that ALL Artists must Register at the Artists Check-In Tent.
• We will have your Artist’s Packets with all the essential information you need for the show, your name tags, drink tickets, and parking passes.
• Artist check-in TBA in the Artist’s Packet.
• Free and Handicap Parking is available throughout the whole weekend.
• Artists retain all revenue from the sale of their work with no commission on sales due to the Art Festival.
• Each artist is responsible for collecting and reporting Florida Sales Tax on all sales made during the Festival. The Florida Department of Revenue document is included in your Artist’s Packet.
• During the 2017 51st Annual Ocala Arts Festival, each artist’s work will be evaluated by an on-site jury. We utilize IN-BOOTH JUDGING.
• Judging for cash awards will begin at 9:00am on Saturday, October 28, 2017.
• The top scoring artists will receive cash prizes based on design, execution, and aesthetic appeal of the work, as well as booth presentation.
• Awards are given regardless of category. Categories are used for jurying purposes only. It is the artist’s responsibility to enter in the appropriate category.
• Artists may apply only once in a category.
• Awards will be announced at the Artist’s Dinner that evening.
• You will be judged on excellence, identity of design, creativity, master craftsmanship and your booth presentation.
• We work with two Judges from the Visual Arts Community and each have a mandatory allotted time to spend in each booth.
COLLECTORS CIRCLE – FAFO BUCKS
• Collectors Circle is a group of Art Collectors sponsored by FAFO
• Each member pre-purchases FAFO Bucks to be used at the 2017 Ocala Art Festival for purchasing Art.
• Each Collectors Circle member is given a Ribbon to award to a favorite artist to display in their booth.
• FAFO Bucks will be collected by a FAFO Board member in the afternoon, on Sunday, Oct. 29th.
• A Check for the collected FAFO bucks will be cut and given to the Artist before 5pm on Sunday.
|Event Site Map: View Site Map|
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW