APPLY TO THIS SHOW
BACK TO PARTICIPATING SHOWS
Art Market of Estes Park 2017
Estes Park, Colorado (West)
Show Dates: 5/27/17 - 5/29/17
Application Deadline: 3/3/17 Midnight MST
10 day(s) and 0 hour(s) remaining
Images: 4 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Jury Fee): $30.00
The Art Center of Estes Park would like to invite you to apply to participate in our 18th annual Art Market. The Estes Park Art Market is an annual show that is held Memorial Day weekend in Bond Park, located in the center of downtown Estes Park, Colorado. Estes Park is located in a beautiful mountain valley at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
This popular, summer kick-off event is well-attended by both tourists and local Coloradoans and has a reputation for offering quality fine arts and crafts. The Art Market committee strives to provide an attentive and welcoming environment for artists and guests of the show. Artists have notified us that this was the most profitable show of their 2016 summer season. We hope you'll join us for the 2017 Art Market in Estes Park.
Approximately 100 Artist booths are set up around Bond Park in front of Town Center. Camping sites are available at the town fairgrounds.
Only the type of work that was juried for the accepted artist can be displayed and sold at the artist’s booth. Artwork must be original in design, concept and execution, demonstrating originality, creativity and exceptional quality. Artists are encouraged to display originals but reproductions, such as giclees, are allowed, if labeled as such. Manufactured, imported or mass produced items, those made from kits or molds, silk-screened clothing or T-shirts are not acceptable work for this show. No items purchased for resale are permitted!
Artists must be present throughout the Art Market. All income is retained by the Artist. No commission is paid to the Art Center of Estes Park. Sales tax must be remitted by each participating Artist to the state of Colorado. A form with instructions and deadline will be provide to exhibitors with their acceptance materials or you may obtain information at www.taxcolorado.com , where you may also apply for a sales tax license or special permit if needed.
The Art Center of Estes Park strives to maintain a well rounded show with quality workmanship through its anonymous jurying process. The objective to select artwork that is unique, representative of a broad range of media, and that demonstrates both creativity and technical excellence, resulting in a diverse yet balanced show. The jury is composed of Art Center of Estes Park artists representing various media.
Artists are invited to a reception at the Art Center where Best of Show and 2nd and 3rd place awards are given to artists based on workmanship, creativity, cohesive body of work, originality and booth presentation.
1. All booths must be weighted. Absolutely no staking allowed.
2. Each leg of your tent should be weighted with a minimum of 50 pounds due to the potential for high winds. 50 + pounds is preferred. This is for your safety, that of your artwork and your neighbors.
3. A small sign that identifies you will be provided. Please place the booth sign on or near the outside of your booth so that it is easily seen. You are also welcome to use your own signs, of course.
4. Booths must be set up and ready to go by 8:45 each morning. Please also have boxes and packing materials stored by this time.
5. Please do not leave your booth unattended. If you are working your booth alone you may work cooperatively with neighboring artists to watch each other’s booth and merchandise when you need to take a break. The Art Center will also attempt to provide volunteer “booth sitters” for quick snack or restroom breaks, based on availability of volunteers. There will be a sign up sheet for booth sitters at the Art Center tent.
6. The Art Center does not provide security. The police station is just across from Bond Park. Please take all necessary precautions however to insure the safety and security of your booth and merchandise.
7. All pets must be on a leash or in a carrier (this is a town ordinance). Owners/handlers are responsible for immediately cleaning up after pets and for maintaining control of pets.
8. Due to the possibility of bears and wildlife in the area, leave no food in your tent overnight.
9. Please don’t smoke in your booth. Please be considerate of vendors around you as well as customers and move to an open area if you choose to smoke. Please be sure to fully extinguish all cigarette butts and dispose of them in a can or other suitable container.
10. At the end of the show, please leave the area around your booth space clear of all trash including cigarette butts. There are trash cans at several locations around the park which will be emptied periodically. Please use recycling containers for cans, glass and plastic bottles.
11. Only the type of work that was juried for the accepted artist can be displayed and sold at the artist’s booth. Artwork must be original in design, concept and execution, demonstrating originality, creativity and exceptional quality. Artists are encouraged to display originals but reproductions, such as giclees, are allowed, if labeled as such. Manufactured, imported or mass produced items, those made from kits or molds, silk-screened clothing or T-shirts are not acceptable work for this show. No items purchased for resale are permitted!
Exhibitors that do not meet these requirements will be asked to remove the non-compliant work. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the exhibitors booth from the Market.
Week of March 20 – Artists will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance. Unless otherwise requested, all notifications will be sent via email. (Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to insure that you receive email from the organization.)
April 28th – Deadline for receipt of written notification of cancellation/withdrawal in order to receive any refund of booth fees and camping fees.
VIEW LEGAL AGREEMENT|
APPLY TO THIS SHOW