Corvallis Fall Festival 2017
Central Park, Downtown
Corvallis, Oregon (West)
Show Dates: 9/23/17 - 9/24/17
Application Deadline: 5/1/17 Midnight PST
36 day(s) and 7 hour(s) remaining
(a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $30.00
You can submit up to 3 applications for this show.
This year marks the 45th annual Corvallis Fall Festival; a 2-day event created to serve, support and showcase the community of Corvallis and to help local arts thrive. Each year the festival fills our beautiful, tree-lined, downtown Central Park with 180 art booths, over 30,000 guests, 19 food booths, continuous live music and a vibrant Art Discovery Zone for children of all ages to engage in and create their own artwork. All artwork selected to be featured at the festival is considered original from concept through completion. Proceeds, after expenses, from the festival go toward supporting local arts and community enhancement projects chosen by the volunteer Corvallis Fall Festival Board of Directors. Corvallis Fall Festival is a 501(c)(4) not-for-profit organization.
Artist Cancellation Policy:
- May 1, 2017: Application deadline - application, image submission, and $30 application fee due.
- May 15, 2017: Notification of acceptance emailed. Or before.
- June 1, 2017: Accept invitation and purchase deadline.
- June 15, 2017: $25 late fee
- August 1, 2017: Booth assignments and artist information emailed.
- September 22, 2017: Festival set-up begins at 1 PM
- September 23 & 24, 2017: Festival open to public 10AM - 6PM.
- 50% refund if artist cancels by August 1, 2017. If space can be filled
- No refunds after August 1, 2017
- No refund if CFF cancels due to weather or other catastrophic event
Accepted Media Categories:
You may choose only one category per application. Artists are welcome to apply in multiple categories, but must submit separate applications for each category. (See Rules/Regulations section below for further details about acceptable artwork)
- Entries are selected through a competitive jury process, based on the four images submitted (three images of artwork and one of booth) and the artist's adherence to the Corvallis Fall Festival's Rules/Regulations for participation.
- The jury consists of art professionals and art enthusiasts who have been selected each year by the Corvallis Fall Festival Board of Directors for their particular knowledge of artwork in each media category.
- Once accepted, the standard $395 booth fee will be due immediately. Additional fees for premium booths, such as corner or double booths, will be due for select artists after booth assignments have been made.
- NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS GUARANTEED ON CANCELLATIONS.
Corvallis Fall Festival does not discriminate based on age, color, disability, race, national origin, gender or sexual orientation.
- Artists who have been waitlisted will be notified of their status by May 15, 2017.
- If a cancellation by a scheduled artist occurs, a waitlisted artist in the same media category will be contacted and will have up to one week to accept the invitation and to submit payment.
- The festival provides a light, continental-style breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday morning of the festival for artists only. Coffee, tea, and water are also available to artists throughout the festival weekend.
- Booth sitters are available on both Saturday and Sunday of the festival to provide up to 20 minute breaks for artists.
- Security personnel patrol Central Park around the clock from 1 pm on Friday, September 22 through 7 pm on Sunday, September 24.
- The 'Best in Show Award' is selected by an on-site jury consisting of local art professionals and art enthusiasts. Judging takes place during the festival weekend. The recipient of this award is invited to attend the following year's festival, with their application fee waived AND $150 off the booth fee for the following year.
- The 'Best by Media Award' is also selected by an on-site jury consisting of local art professionals and art enthusiasts. Judging takes place during the festival weekend. Both the recipients of this award and the runner-up for each category are invited to attend the following year's festival, with their application fee waived.
- The 'People's Choice Award' is determined by an on-site ballot vote that is open throughout the festival weekend. Ballots are tallied on the Sunday afternoon of the festival by a Fall Festival staff member. Guests attending the festival are asked to submit their personal choices for 'People's Choice' at a number of ballot box locations placed throughout the festival area. Recipients receive a $100 cash award.
Corvallis Fall Festival (CFF) reserves the right to accept artwork we feel is in keeping with the overall spirit of our arts market. We will ask that any work not in keeping with the character of our event be removed.
- Accepted artwork is original from concept through completion and representative of the work submitted for jury.
- Artwork is produced by the presenting artist in a studio with no more than two assistants. Factory produced items are not allowed.
- Handcrafted and designed components dominate commercial components, or commercial components are transformed in a way that makes them unique.
- Artwork will not incorporate any materials obtained from endangered or restricted use wildlife.
- Original artwork is the focus of the booth. Commercially reproduced prints or merchandise may not constitute more than 50% of the sales display.
- The artist who creates the work will be present at the festival. Artists may not employ a sales force, however family members may assist. Works from other artists may not be sold.
- Artists may not show at any other sales venue in Corvallis the weekend of CFF.
- CFF is a "cash and carry" show. Special orders may not be greater than 10% of your total sales.
- Central Park, the festival location, is a public area that is used throughout the year for many different events. It is a CITY ordinance, year-round, that, except for service dogs, NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON CENTRAL PARK PROPERTY. See Corvallis Municipal Code 5.03.050.080.
Booth Fees & Sizes:
- $395 - 10' x 10' Standard Booth
- $500 - 10' x 10' Corner Booth
- $550 - 10' x 20' Deep Booth
- $600 - 20' x 10' Wide/Double Booth
- Set-Up for artists may begin at 1 PM on Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Artists should expect to supply their own unloading and transporting devices for their artwork (hand trucks, dollies, etc.)
- Artists should not assume that they will be allowed to drive a vehicle directly up to the location of their booth as vehicle accessibility in most areas of the park location is limited. Please contact our office after you hace received an acceptance email if you have specific questions about vehicle access.
- Artists must provide their own white, 10' x 10' canopy, furniture and display accessories
- Electricity is NOT available. Generators are NOT allowed.
- Weather in September in Corvallis can be unpredictable; be prepared for any weather condition (sandbags, rain protection, etc.)
- Security personnel patrol Central Park from 1 PM on Friday, September 22 through 7 PM on Sunday September 24. However, artists should take their own security precautions to protect from theft, damage, loss, etc.